OP Offline
Features Writer
A
Thoughts?

#65856 09/01/09 02:14 PM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Oh, this is a good one thumbsup

I love the way you've conveyed so much of Lois' (and, by observation) Clark's feelings/insecurities all intertwined in playful banter and the internal dialogue is just so Lois!

Do I see a sequel on the horizon? grovel

All right... all right... but apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
#65857 09/01/09 02:15 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I liked it. Its very cute. I always enjoyed that episode of Friends...where Ross was like, "She's just not Rachael." I liked how you tied in the different shows into the fic. It made it very real and amusing at the same time. clap

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
#65858 09/02/09 12:42 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Definately a sequel required, I loved this story.

Superman is what I can do, Clark is who I am.
#65859 09/02/09 05:52 AM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
This is a very sweet story, and your Lois is "very Lois" and your Clark is "very Clark". I loved this:

“I don't have any other cons,” Clark said, looking distinctly embarrassed.

“Most of the ones you made earlier were said in jest,” I pointed out.

“I know,” Clark said quietly, his eyes dropping to the couch.
That is a wonderful, lovely, very sweet way for Clark to say "I love you".

Beautiful!

Ann

#65860 09/02/09 08:20 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I loved it too. thumbsup I could really imagine it being played out. The dialogue was very Lois and Clark. It was so sweet and so them at that time, the way they danced around what they really wanted to say. And it was so true to Clark that he would struggle to find any cons for Lois and would hate having to say anything bad about anyone. Well, except Lex. I really liked the list he came up with for himself though.

It was fun and touching at the same time. Very engaging and entertaining A wonderful idea!

You definitely left us wanting more. wink grovel

Emma

"There's a fine line between brilliance and lunacy" - CK to LL(Madame Ex)
#65861 09/02/09 08:40 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Funny little interlude jump They're cute together and here, too, is hoping for a sequel smile

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#65862 09/02/09 08:40 AM
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I love stories that fit easily into the timeline of the show without making any changes. Beautifully done, even if they never reached their own happily ever after.

Elisabeth

#65863 09/03/09 06:33 AM
Blogger
Blogger
Loved it! laugh Like Emma said, it left me wanting more. A very sweet and insightful slice of life.

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you've made up your mind that you just aren't doing anything productive for the rest of the day.

"It's Dean Cain, Grandpa. He lives in our chair." G.R.I.P.E.S
#65864 09/03/09 08:25 AM
A
anonpip Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
A
Thanks so much for all the lovely comments! This story was the first in a long time that really felt "good" if that makes any sense. What I mean, really, is that it took no thought - as I wrote each line, I felt like I could "see" what they were going to do next. But of course,when that happens, I always worry that I wasn't seeing things correctly, and it won't seem very Lois and Clark-like to others, so I'm so glad to hear it did.

I have to say, I'm not much of a Ross and Rachel fan, so I'm not much of a fan of that episode (although in re-watching it, it was funnier than I remembered), but there's something so sweet about Ross' "She's not Rachel" line that it got my muse going. And I couldn't think of a way to steal the idea directly without ending with the same line (Clark choosing Lois over Mayson as Mayson isn't Lois or Lois choosing Clark over Dan as Dan isn't Clark). I guess I shouldn't be too surprised I can't think of a better line than professional writers. wink

I'm so excited that many of you liked it enough to want a sequel, but I don't see one for this. I think Elisabeth puts this nicely - this fits into the timeline of the show in my head without any changes. So, shortly after this evening of TV watching together is "Lucky Leon" and Lois and Clark go on their first date, share their first kiss, etc.

On the other hand, there are still many, many episodes of Friends left, so who knows what ideas will be sparked? laugh

#65865 09/05/09 12:10 AM
Kerth
Kerth
I read this the other day, but didn't have time to leave FDK.

I really enjoyed it - really enjoyed the to and fro of their dialogue. The foundations of their relationship are just beginning to form.

You got their hopes/insecurities across so well.

Well done.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard