Hello! here's part four! Any mistake is my own smile

Don't forget about Feedback
---------

Family Tree (4/?)

I hate Mondays. Plain and simple. They're the beginning of a bad week, I can feel it. I just finished my first class and I'm already thinking of skipping the whole day and crashing at the Kent's, on second thought I should go back to my place, they'd notice if I was there, which would result in a lecture from Mr. Kent. Not good.

It seems he always knows when I play hooky. Any other day he wouldn't be there. But when I play hooky the world conspires against me and invents a disaster where he would have to go back home and take a shower, which would lead to him finding me looking for something to eat in the kitchen.

I've had a lecture two times already, one more and I think he might actually ground me.

I'm thinking of a place where he won't find me when I feel a presence next to me, I turn my attention thinking it's CJ or Sam when I see Kevin. Oh god, what now?

"Hey Nicole."

"Hey" I stifle a yawn that threatens to break my jaw.

"How was your weekend?"

"Uneventful, you?" should I sleep at Mr. White's office? They're never in the newsroom.

"It was good, but I'm sure it would've been a lot better if I'd seen you."

Seriously? What kind of line is that? Oh how I wish he would get to the point and ask me out so I could reject him and think of places to sleep in. CJ's car? I'd crack open a window? I'm sure he wouldn't mind.

I don't give him an answer, all I give him is a raised eye-brow. That's right buddy, what are you gonna say now?

The hallway is full of students that are probably half-asleep and bored out of their mind, and I'm definitely both of them. When is this sad little man going to get to the point?

A hundred years pass by, and I open my locker to put my books in and take my cellphone out to text CJ telling him I'm playing hooky and asking if he's game to go have breakfast somewhere, when he starts to panic.

"So you're taking Mr. Lloyd's class, right?"

"Yep, sitting right in front of you. Why?" is my reply.

"Well, it's just that I'm not really getting the last couple of classes. I'm confused to put it bluntly. And I noticed today that you were getting along well. So I'm wondering if you could help a classmate out?" he asks me with what I suppose is a charming smile.

"Oh…" now I'm thrown, is he sincere or does he have an agenda? Plus CJ hates him and he keeps flirting with me which makes CJ crazy as.... Something that's really crazy. And he knows I won't give him the time of day, so is this a new way to get close?

I realize with a start that he's still waiting for an answer and I give him a smile and say, "Sure, umm, tutor center tomorrow? At lunch? Great" and turn towards my locker without waiting for an answer and hear a "thanks" from Kevin. I'll just tell CJ so that he doesn't go nuts and not jump to conclusions. Everything will be fine.

I'm not in denial.

mmmpob doobee dop by do
wap mmmpob doobee dop by doo
wap doowee ah bop
mmmpod doobee dop by doo

I open my phone and see that it's a text from CJ,

"Wanna play hooky? =P"

I knew there was a reason why we're friends.

tbc.

-------------------

Author's Notes: the ring tone is Hanson's "MMMBop." laugh

Sarah,

Tempus: You want to know the future, Miss Lane? No one works, no one argues, there are 9,000 channels and nothing on!