OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
FDK goes here...

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hi, Carol. Glad to see you back.

This is looking more and more like NK.

This conversation is taken almost *directly* from "Through a Glass Eye, Darkly" (the start of the NK arch)

[/QUOTE] They turned to see Sarah walking out of it with her arms full of files. "Here's that research you asked for," she told them.

Clark reached to take some of the files from her. "That was fast. I just sent the email late last night."

"I got in early," Sarah said with a smile. "And I work fast."

"What's it about?" Lois asked, taking a sip of her coffee as she set her bag on her desk.

"I caught a whisper of something about the space station last night, when I, uh, went out to get food." He glanced at Sarah and then gave Lois a pointed look.

She rolled her eyes. Like she'd contradict him about Superman cover stories in front of someone who had a big crush on him already. "Well, thank you for the quick work, Sarah. We'll let you know if we need you to help with anything else." She wasn't trying to be rude, but she didn’t see any need for the other woman to hang around.

"Mr. Lane, I, uh, know you're working with Ms. Kent here, but I had an idea and I didn't get a chance to talk to you about it last week and wondered if you might have a few minutes."

Clark turned, leaning against his desk. "Shoot."

Sarah glanced at Lois and then back at Clark. "Well, um, what if you did a series of *good* stories? I mean, so much of the news is bad, what if you wrote some stories about... unsung heroes. The confirmed bachelor who took in his sister's kids when she died or the lady who still lives in the home she grew up in but it's in gang territory now and she's fighting back. Things like that."

Clark nodded slowly. "That's a great idea. Can you get me, oh, a dozen or so potential stories – just brief synopses and we'll go from there?"

Sarah nodded. "I will. Thanks."

[/QUOTE]

There are a few modifications, but it's basically the same thing.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Why am I like Lois, waiting for the other shoe to drop? Hmmm....

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
She still had a gnawing feeling of dread in the pit of her stomach – that another shoe was going to drop at some point. She wasn't entirely certain what the first shoe had been but something else was still lurking out there.
She's been hanging out a lot with you, Carol. laugh

And Sarah...her story is so not over yet. (Unless she really is a minor player and I'm making a volcano out of the hole my dog dug yesterday.) We'll just have to see what happens!

Great part,
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yay! Update hyper

They're really cute together and the whole foreboding is fun. I hope you do realize that the entire setup has NK written all over the block, right?

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard