Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
sunrei Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
So, I attest the delay to the (crazy?) decision to take two summer classes while working... but those are finished, so things in ficdom are looking up. I just have to get a good handle on my muse again.

Hope you enjoy this installment!

~s

October Sands, An Urban Fairy Tale featuring Lois and Clark
"Elastigirl? You married Elastigirl? (sees the kids) And got bizzay!" -- Syndrome, The Incredibles
S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
so happy you posted! loved this part, especially the ending!

F
Blogger
Blogger
F
I think your muse did a great job here! I guess I woke my neighbours at the last part by laughing so hard. rotflol

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Delightful part, Sonia!

Ah, I love how you wrote Clark's obsession with Lois! Talk about being totally smitten!

Sure, he had been annoyed during that first week when she talked incessantly about herself and made passes at him, but now that she wasn't even acknowledging his presence—and he was barely able to acknowledge his next thought—he was starting to miss it.

His eyes widened as he tried to mentally retrieve those thoughts from the universe.
I can just see Clark trying to take back his errant thoughts about liking anything about Lois Lane and retrieve them from the universe!!!! rotflol

Lois's concert with Rosco the rooster was absolutely priceless, too. Not to mention the fact that Rosco didn't mind showing Clark that he definitely prefers Lois over him! rotflol

Imagine that Martha and Ellen used to be best friends when they were in college. And to think that Sam met Ellen because of Martha. And to think that Martha, Jonathan, Sam and Ellen became a sort of "gang of four". And to think that now Jonathan and Ellen are dead, and Martha is a widower and Sam is a widow.

This was so moving:
In a group shot, an around two-year-old version of herself was being held in the arms of her mother, while flanked on the sides by her father and Martha and Jonathan Kent.

Arching an eyebrow, she addressed what was missing. “Where's Clark? He's not taking the picture, is he?”

“No,” Martha said with a smile. “We didn't have him yet.” At Lois's confused expression, she went on, “We adopted Clark when he was three.”
It makes a lot more sense now that Sam would send Lois to Martha to straighten out her life. I like what Martha said:

“Your mother was an incredible singer,” Martha said quietly. “She loved performing and music to her was like a red-blooded person, but she would have hated the way that your life is public fodder once you become famous today.”
So Sam is really trying to save Lois from the public fame that was ruining her life.

But this was so irritating:

Straightening in her seat, Lois turned her head to look Martha in the eye. “You know, don't you,” she said, more statement than question.

Martha merely favored her with a soft smile and tilted her head before responding. “Know what, Dear?”
Yes indeed, know what? Come back here pronto and tell us!

Ann

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
It's back! hyper
“Yeah, I do, and that’s just it. She just gets up, does her chores with hardly a complaint—I mean, that in itself is pretty strange, right—and then she retreats to her room until dinner. Even then, she’s barely there. You’ve seen that right? It’s like she’s preoccupied or something.”
Poor, confused Clark :p

“I don’t,” he insisted at the expression change. “I’m just concerned in case it wears off and she needs another dose of whatever it is that makes her tolerable.”
No, Clark, don't you think your mother can look through this charade?

Hell, if she could ignore him and not be bothered, he could too. Besides, it made for a quieter existence.
Sure... And oxygen is just another gas...

The photo album was cute and this is great laugh
Straightening in her seat, Lois turned her head to look Martha in the eye. “You know, don’t you,” she said, more statement than question.

Martha merely favored her with a soft smile and tilted her head before responding. “Know what, Dear?”
Approaching the large tree that held the wooden structure, he was about to yell to get her attention when he heard something strange.

She was singing.
Wonder if Clark is ever going to figure it out clap

And to make matters worse, he was already half in love with her voice.
Now, don't say that. You're going to get all scared and fly away laugh

Great update, looking forward to part 8 spider

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
No time for feedback, but I'm glad you posted. I haven't been on for weeks so this was a welcome return.

Elisabeth

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
I didn't think I'd missed anything, but I'm not clear on what Lois believes Martha knows. It's something to do with Ellen, or maybe Ellen and Lois, but I don't know for certain. But I figure I'll see it before too long.

And Clark? It's not just Lois' voice you're half in love with.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Remember that Lois has a secret identity here. Nobody knows that she is the famed musician, I believe named Wanda Detroit.

Top Banana
Top Banana
"He refused to be intrigued."

Yes, Clark, dear. You just keep telling yourself that. And, by the way, I'm not sure that jumping up to the overhanging branch and eavesdropping on Lois counts as not using your special powers. wink

Absolutely delightful part! So glad you're back. You've got some wonderful turns of phrase. And I nominate Rosco for the Best Original Character Kerth.

This *is* my happily ever after.
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
I love this story more with each part you post!

Rosco is a great character, and Lois singing with him is a hilarious mental image. Elmo's Song - that's inspired! smile

I love the way you describe things - reading "Choose Your Own Adventure" stories backwards, "Meth lab in the cellar" - good stuff!

I can't wait to see where this goes...is Lois going to discover Clark spying on her? What did he want to ask her?

More soon please!
Amber

Merriwether
Merriwether
Her stage name is Lola Dane, Elisabeth.

Love how you have introduced and maintained such different relation ships between Clark and Lois, and Clark and Martha.

I love it. Two great fics on the boards with Lois as a musician.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Sorry, but Lois' stage name is Lola Dakota, which is a play on Hannah Montana, Miley Cyrus' character on the Disney series (and concerts and movies - lots of exposure for an actor playing a fictional person playing a fictional celebrity). The opening statement of chapter one:

“Fans of famed pop star Lola Dakota were left crushed and drenched this morning when the singer failed to appear as planned for ABC affiliate Good Morning America’s concert in the park series…”
I agree that Lois is going through some personal changes. And Clark is too, whether he knows it or not. And I'll bet that Lola doesn't miss the next Good Morning America concert date. She might even debut Roscoe's song there.

I think Chloe has more to do in this story. She came on the scene suddenly and disappeared suddenly, even though her appearance was not only timely but dramatically inspired. I don't doubt that she'd be willing to share the stage with Lola after Lois completes her personality transplant.

I want to know more about Ellen, too! She's a mystery figure wrapped in a cocoon of lost memories and misplaced opportunities. She had such an impact on Lois' childhood and career that she has to show up again sometime. Maybe in a letter she left for Lois on her twenty-first birthday or something similar, or maybe an album she recorded when Lois was but a wee babe which was never released but saved for Lois when she became a woman (mentally and emotionally, not just old enough to party with Paris and Kim).

Still looking for the next chapter! Will it be soon?

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Merriwether
Merriwether
You're right, Terry. I knew it was Lola D. and there is another fic which uses the name Lola Dane. I got 'em mixed up.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
You are right, but what's wonderful about this story is that it's a Lois story and not a Lola story.

sunrei Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
LOL - it's already been discussed- Lola moonlights (sunlights?) as Lola Dakota, not Wanda Detroit.

Thanks for the comments, I am working on the next part as we speak. I'm flying blind here, so please bear with my bufferlessness wink

I'm glad that everyone is enjoying Rosco and Elmo's Song. It really is a catchy tune! Sorry Ann, I don't forsee any Martha/Sam romance in the future. I'm still dealing with their crazy kids!

Also, I wanted the Martha/Lois scene to end on a clearer note since there was some confusion mentioned. I went back and added a line...

Lois startled at the words and replayed them in her head. *My life?* she silently questioned. That first day when she’d met Martha at the cottage, the woman had claimed to know everything. Could ‘everything’ include the little known fact that Lois Lane and Lola Dakota were really one and the same?
...Hopefully that helps things, and I appreciate the help polishing that part off.

Wonder if Clark is ever going to figure it out [Huh]
Hmmm... maybe it's not an if question but a when...

October Sands, An Urban Fairy Tale featuring Lois and Clark
"Elastigirl? You married Elastigirl? (sees the kids) And got bizzay!" -- Syndrome, The Incredibles

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard