Next Thread
Print Thread
R
Rac Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
R
This is a much shorter story than my standard fair these days. Many thanks to Avia, my beta reader, for her help with this. I do highly recommend listening to the Ellington piece I named the story after (it plays a role later on in the story). If you can't get your hands on it, send me a PM and I can send you the MP3.

Thanks for reading,

Rac

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
You write angst so well!

hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Rac, it's really great to see you among the writers again these days. You always have a great turn of phrase and insight into the characters. I liked the female "Dougie Howser" comment. Keep 'em coming and the short ones are easier to read.
regards
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
I am hooked. Your stories are riveting.

I'm scared for Lois!

I can't wait to see what happens next!

Amber

Columnist
Columnist
Hi Rac,

Great to see you writing again. This story has wonderful potential and your characterization of Lois and Clark is so true to the show.

I do like your long stories, but there's nothing wrong with a lovely short. smile

At least I've caught the start of this one and been able to leave fdk.

Yours Jenni

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
This is a great beginning! Lois, the Immortal goofy At least they learned from previous experiences and started sharing the bed laugh

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Love it. More soon. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Lovely as always, Rac. Your writing style is so beautiful and your insight into and ability to convey Lois and Clark's characters and emotions is wonderfully multilayered. In some stories there isn't all that much to discover: it's like opening a door, and there is a room, and you explore it and that's it. But in your stories, there are doors in that room leading into more rooms, more aspects to explore and consider. And that is why your writing is so beautifully satisfying.

I was unable to find the lyrics to Single Petal of a Rose. Don't send me anything, please - I don't have an MP3 player, and I don't know how to download things.

Ann

Top Banana
Top Banana
This was just wonderful. The Lois / Clark / Superman triangle is finely balanced and the progress of the story and their relationship feels very natural. Lois is a bit on the defensive but even the famous Lois Lane independence is bound to take a hit by two unexplained back-to-back near misses with murder attempts.

Bob

R
Rac Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
R
Hi all! Thank you all for the very kind comments.

Cookiesmom, thanks for reading and commenting. I agree that Clark can't really disguise his feelings for Lois, especially when she's in danger. I promise to post this story at a rapid clip and it won't even interfere with The Long Road Home.

Thanks for the warm 'welcome back,' Artemis. I'm glad I have time to write these days and I'm glad you enjoyed the first part of this story.

Thanks, Amber. You won't have to wait long. More is on the way.

Jenni, thanks so much for reading and commenting. I'm glad to hear that you find the characterizations to be true to the show; I wasn't sure I remembered how to write these characters when they weren't insanely damaged.

Hi Michael. Thanks for your kind comments. I always thought Lois would have to be immortal to survive the things she lived through on the show.

Glad you're enjoying the story, Laura.

Thank you for your very kind comments, Ann. I'm humbled to know how much you enjoy the stories I've been working on. "Single Petal of a Rose," is actual a piece of solo piano music, so no lyrics. If you would like to hear it and you have Windows Media Player, you have an MP3 player. Just shoot me a PM if you'd like to hear it, but I'm sure the story will still make sense without the music.

Thanks so much for your comments, Bob. I'm glad the story and pacing ring true to you.

More is on the way!

regards,

Rac

Columnist
Columnist
Great opening, it really catching you right from the start.

Looking forward to more.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard