Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
As always, I laugh out loud when I read one of your hilarious fics! Great bits:

We have a guide! Her name in the local tongue is BreeGirl; I will call her Bob.
This was just so "What?" that I had to laugh. (Unless I'm missing some subtle reference. Which would be common for me. I'm clueless.)

The grounds behind the village are a dark and depressing place, filled with scrolls that have been divided into fragments. Many of them are incomplete, never to see the light of day. I shuddered at the sight of dangling half-parchments whose original scribes had vanished, either dead or seized by madness and gone from the village. Truly, the creation of these scrolls is a difficult and dangerous enterprise.
Um...could this be a metaphor for....the MB's? Huh? Huh? smile

But I think you might have a typo here:

It has long since been lost to the raging anals of time...
I think you mean the annals of time. Unless that was part of the humor...

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Whoops - was betaing in IRC and missed that one...

I'll let Queenie address the BreeGal thing [as well as the boards thing... we did in IRC...]

I still love it though!

Carol

Kerth
Kerth
Bob?

Incidentally, are there any L&C / Blackadder crossovers?

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm guessing the Temple is the Nfic archive?

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Queenie, this was hilarious clap

Of course, now I wonder what he scroll was that made it into the temple but never into the sacred burial grounds.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Merriwether
Merriwether
And here I thought Queenie never ventured into that "sacred temple". "If I never see civilization again, I am content." Mmm-hmmmm, being in the "temple" is that good, eh? goofy

Another funny look into the unique world of FoLCdom.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
Kerth
Kerth
Searching for a story lately, Queenie? *g* Uh, and welcome to the dark side of FoLCdom. laugh Are you going to add to the scrolls there?

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Merriwether
Merriwether
I loved this when you posted it on IRC, and I love it now. It's great!

The BreeGirl reference is funnier if you've been on the IRC channel... and that's all I'm going to say for now. I'll let Queenie explain. *wanders off whistling, then giggles lots* I still find calling her "Bob" hilarious, though.

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
When I first read this, I thought (between guffaws, chortles, snorts, and giggles) that BreeGirl was either a refugee from or a convert to Lord Of The Rings fanfic (Bree being the town/tavern where four of the Nazgul almost trapped Frodo and his companions). I could be wrong, though, and I will be interested to learn to whom this appellation belongs.

Oh, and the story was hysterical, too. This is the hardest I've laughed at fanfic since "Folcs In The Mist." Great story! And I loved the way you told it, with journal entries. It gives it a feeling of verisimilitude and authenticity.

More! More! Brava! clap clap clap

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Top Banana
Top Banana
siezed by madness and gone from the village

/cough/ Wendy /cough/

This *is* my happily ever after.
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
confused <clueless> confused

But hey, a new fic by Queenie is always a treat! hyper hyper hyper

Ann

(Breegirl?) confused

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Hi guys! Sorry for taking so long to reply... Glad you liked the fic! laugh

Originally posted by woody:
And here I thought Queenie never ventured into that "sacred temple". "If I never see civilization again, I am content." Mmm-hmmmm, being in the "temple" is that good, eh? goofy

Um, I can explain! dizzy It's been a long time, and whether I'll go back now that my sanity is restored is up in the air at the moment. Maybe I will, maybe I won't. huh There are some nice fics there, though. smile (/me wonders if that "Merry Christmas Lois Lane series was ever finished...)
spider

As for breegirl, you will have to come to IRC. All will become clear to you then. And if it doesn't, then you should come anyway and we'll explain it to you there. *g*

~•~
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Originally posted by Queen of the Capes:
Hi guys! Sorry for taking so long to reply... Glad you liked the fic! laugh

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by woody:
<strong> And here I thought Queenie never ventured into that "sacred temple". "If I never see civilization again, I am content." Mmm-hmmmm, being in the "temple" is that good, eh? goofy

Um, I can explain! goofy

So, for those of you clamoring for a sequel to FoLCs in the Mist, this is what you got instead. Like it? cool

~•~
Kerth
Kerth
Well, it's not exactly a sequel, but it will have to do. laugh

About the Merry Christmas series - no, it's never been finished. And I happen to know that Nancy had a few ideas about Clark's birthday and Valentine's Day, too. Maybe I should try nagging her again. wink

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
I loved this story!

Amber

S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
Reminiscent of the time I got lost in the NY subway. The things that live down there...

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Another winner from Queenie. We love thee, oh, Mary, Queen of the Potts ...er, Capes.

This sounds very much like some of those online quest games. So where’s the game? smile

It is less hallowed than the main burial ground, and many scrolls are damaged or incomplete.
Must be why “someone” recommended I read this fic.

Many of them are incomplete, never to see the light of day.
Guilty as charged...

siezed by madness
Yeah, yeah, yeah... that’s me. Madder than a wet hen... The sky is falling. The sky is falling.

Um...could this be a metaphor for....the MB's? Huh? Huh?
Hmm... I believe she is talking about those unfinished fics...

The temple refers to nfic?

There are some nice fics there, though. (/me wonders if that "Merry Christmas Lois Lane” series was ever finished...)
Awww... me blushes. I’m glad to know you liked the fic. I guess I should work on this, huh?

As for breegirl, you will have to come to IRC. All will become clear to you then. And if it doesn't, then you should come anyway and we'll explain it to you there.
Are there really that many people on IRC these days?

About the Merry Christmas series - no, it's never been finished. And I happen to know that Nancy had a few ideas about Clark's birthday and Valentine's Day, too. Maybe I should try nagging her again.
Mellie nags a lot... Since she was so influential in the second part of that series, perhaps she needs to be co-author on the next part?

Great fic, Mary!!

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Originally posted by Classicalla:
Awww... me blushes. I’m glad to know you liked the fic. I guess I should work on this, huh?
Yes. Yes you should.

Are there really that many people on IRC these days?
Depending what time you pop in, there's at least three regulars these days. Sometimes more. If you drop by, there'd be at least 4 of us. smile (and the ficus is still there, too)

Great fic, Mary!!
Ty. ^^

~•~

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard