C
FDK goes here smile .

Thanks!

Carol

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Nice beginning. But it's too easy. And we know that there won't be eighteen more parts of "Awwwww - WAFFy!" from you, Carol. You're too evil to let that happen.

Can't wait until complications ensue. I wonder how long it will take?

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Merriwether
Merriwether
I can't help but think...if it was backwards, Lois would fall in love with Clark at first sight, and Clark would be resisting his feelings, discounting them.

Too late for that, but it would be an interesting twist.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hi Carol! I enjoyed this first chapter, and I'm really glad that you didn't make us wait too long.
I had to chuckle when I saw Clark's grandfather's name. Nathan Lane - did he make his money on Broadway or in Hollywood?

~Mel~
Kerth
Kerth
So long as it isn't Petrelli...

That was FAST. Can't remember, has Clark dealt with Luthor yet in this universe? Or the asteroid?

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Top Banana
Top Banana
Who are these people and what have you done with Sam and Ellen Lane?

Actually, I know what you've done with them. You substituted Lois's at least semi-intelligent parents from Season One for the over-the-top charicatures we all think of from Season Three & Four, then gave them a backstory that explains how they could have raised Clark to be the man who invented Superman. Good job. I like these people a lot better.

Looking forward to seeing Clark Lane and his family on their home turf and Lois Kent taking Metropolis by storm.

Romp on! thumbsup

This *is* my happily ever after.
Top Banana
Top Banana
party party party

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ah, you spoil me. And it's sad really; my comments are going to turn to mush! I just started a new job this week, so I'm pretty much falling asleep when I get home. But I'm always reading. :p

Great part,
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
Now the fun begins.

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm wondering about the Gramps character - who is he? Sam's father? Ella's father? Friend? And why does he have money? Does he know Clark's secret?

Kind of nice to see a character not in canon. It's a breath of fresh air.

Merriwether
Merriwether
We know he's Sam's father, because the story names him Nathan Lane. Other than that, I believe Carol will have to fill in details with story parts.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
Good start...can't wait to see what happens!

Amber

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Thanks guys smile . This has been a week of roller coasters. We went to a friend's house last night and when I came home there was all this lovely feedback. That was so nice. Things are looking good overall but still a frustrating time until everything is in place, kind of uncertain etc. On the other hand though, I did talk to ATT and I can activate my friend's old Iphone [that she's giving me!] on a month to month basis - so I could try it for a couple months and if I decide it's not worth the money, I could cancel it. So new phones hopefully this weekend [it's about that time anyway :p - mine got gunk on it but I have a working phone the same friend gave me and DH's is all beat up] and then an iPhone this fall when things have settled down smile .

Anyway...

Terry - you guys should really have more faith in me wink .

Woody - hehe - that would be kind of fun wouldn't it?

Mel - I actually had named Sam's dad Nathan in OTOH but didn't click that it was Nathan Lane then until I wrote this one wink .

Marcus - Lois actually [sort of] dealt with Luthor in college. He was the college drug boss and jumped off the top of a building to get away from the cops. No asteroid thing yet...

HG - hehe - sane Sam and Ellen are nice sometimes smile . I like them too. I really liked Sam from OTOH cuz the ones I'd written before that [though dead] were awful.

Sheila - how do you really feel? wink

JD - mush is okay. Yay on the new job!

SJH - the fun commences!

Iolan - Sam's dad. Why he has money will at least sort of be explained in 2 as well as whether or not he knows about Clark. He's been fun to write so far!

Woody - you got it!

Amber - watch for 2 soon!

Okay - PETA will probably hate me but I have to go get a spider egg sac from inside and take it to the trash can cuz I'm not giving a home to a million baby spiders.

Then I will post wink .

Carol

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute clap

Sorry, but they're just so adorable blush

Looking forward to Lois walking up in the Big House and finding her way around all the wings, the double-apartment, and so on laugh And it's nice that first Clark was living at Lois' place and now she living at his place. Well, sort of.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard