Print Thread
#64769 07/07/09 01:04 PM
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Thanks so much to everyone who encouraged me to continue after the first chapter. I really had no intention of it but I'm enjoying this universe immensely.

Hopefully a bit earlier than this tomorrow I'll post chapter 1 of Backwards II: Return to Metropolis.

The last bits of it are out to my beta extraordinaire, Kathy B [yes! Kathy! Do you know how many times I've pinched myself over that?! *Kathy* is betaing for me!]

Thanks so much!
Carol

#64770 07/07/09 01:31 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
LOL, Carol! As if I'm not the one eagerly checking my email every day to see if there are any new chapters for me to read. wink I tell you, I really envy your ability to write quickly like this. I wish it was a skill I had.

You know I loved the story, so I'll just start the applause that are sure to be in this comments thread. This was a fun ride, and I've really enjoyed having a short part to read every day. And I'm very happy that Backwards II will be out shortly! thumbsup

party

#64771 07/07/09 01:41 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Pretty quick(it's already wayyy past bed time).

Couldn't help but feel a little like I was watching the Friends scene in 'The last one' where Ross is listening to the messages on his answering machine and Rachel walks in ('I got off the plane'). Not sure exactly why, but your final scene brought that image to my mind...

I'll try to drop by again tomorrow and leave more comments on this final section! But just in case, Carol, it's been a really nice ride! Thanks!

Cris
#64772 07/07/09 02:14 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Ooh, she actually got on the plane! I figured she'd have a week or so to wrap up what she was doing, or would head out to get a look-around.

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
#64773 07/07/09 02:15 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
"Is there room for one more?"

He didn’t say anything but crossed the plane in one large step, wrapping her in his arms and kissing her soundly.

When his dad's throat clearing and mom's soft 'Sam' made it into his consciousness, he moved back, resting his forehead against hers.

"There's always room for you, Lois. Always," he whispered.
clap Loved it! clap
Now, When are you going to start posting Backwards II? Tomorrow, right??!!

~Mel~
#64774 07/07/09 03:15 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Carol, this was absolutely awesome! I have been reading along, just too bogged down in school books to comment. I just love how Clark kept asking Lois to come home with him and "bunk with him." And I love that she finally accepted.

I am anxiously waiting for Backwards II and wondering if there will be a Lois Lane appearing. notworthy

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
#64775 07/07/09 03:55 PM
S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
yes! and more coming soon - even better! very excited here!!!

#64776 07/07/09 04:25 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hmmm.....of course I'm delighted that Lois got on the plane, but my attention has now been distracted by the following observations:

1) There is no Lex Luthor in Clark Lane's Metropolis.

2) Grandpa is rich.

This is conjuring all sorts of interesting questions about just where the Lanes fit in Metropolis's social circles.

Looking forward to part II

This *is* my happily ever after.
#64777 07/07/09 04:27 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Cuuuuuute! Toss in a 'yay,' and that's pretty much where I am, right now. :p Great story; looking forward to the sequel!

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#64778 07/07/09 04:57 PM
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
She's going to Metropolis!

I loved this story, and I'm so glad there's more coming!

Amber

#64779 07/07/09 07:19 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Loved it!

Was I supposed to know that Grandpa was rich?

I was very happy to see Lois arrive for the plane and the way Clark greeted her. I like a more assertive Clark!

I’m looking forward to the next part.

Bob

#64780 07/07/09 10:34 PM
L
Blogger
Blogger
L
Carol, this is the most fun story I've read in ages. A few things caught my eyes and wonder if there'll be trouble in the future:

1. House of Ra - are the New Kryptonians going to make their appearance?
2. Lex Luthor - is he really dead? Or will he revive like in LnC?
3. Where is Lucy? There's been mentions of her but she seemed to have disappeared totally.

Lote

#64781 07/08/09 02:18 AM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Very nice wrapup, Carol. Very sweet ending, too, which is really only a bridge to the next story. If this were a movie, the closing credits would play over the scene of Lois and Clark strapping into their seats and holding hands. The next scene would show the plane lifting up over the wheat fields and pointing east as Jonathan and Martha wave goodbye with soft tears in their eyes.

Then, after the technical credits and just before the final theme, we'd see a health care worker respond to a monitor and shout to the attending doctor on call that the patient appears to be waking up. Then the doctor would say, "Welcome back to the land of the living, Mr. Luthor." The sequel is foreshadowed.

Now that would be evilness worthy of a Carolfic, don't you think? Not to mention all the previously mentioned loose threads which could weave their way into the next story. What a great range of possibilities! Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#64782 07/08/09 08:52 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper

I guess this probably describes it quite accurately smile

Sequel? Would I make you wait that long?!
Yes?
Besides, it's getting posted tomorrow
Which is exactly why huh

And I finally remembered. I wanted to comment on this the first time Clark's grandpa and his house was mentioned. Is it by any chance the one from OTOH?

"We'll be taxing towards the runway in just a moment," came a voice over the intercom. "They have one more thing to get on the plane."
But... it's a private plane huh

"Is there room for one more?"
Does Superman fly?

He didn’t say anything but crossed the plane in one large step, wrapping her in his arms and kissing her soundly.
So, does this mean 'yes'?

Fin
/makes strange huffing noises/

Michael

PS: This is so cool about your newest BR acquisition.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#64783 07/08/09 10:44 AM
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
/waves

Thank you so much! You guys have made my day!

Look for Backwards II in a bit.

Kathy - you are so good for my ego!

Cristina - thank you for staying up late smile . I can see where it would remind you of that. I *hate* that scene though - was never a big R/R fan after the 'break' and I hate how she looks so... wink

Karen - hehe - glad I could surprise you!

Mel - II coming up shortly!

Sheila - glad to see you! Sorry - no Lois *Lane* in II...

Sarah - thank you!

HG - hehe - I think I'll just let you ponder... wink

JD - thanks!

Amber - did I mention II has Kathy's official stamp of approval and is *done*?

Bob - it's been mentioned that Grandpa has plenty of room for Lois to stay with him accompanied by eye rolls so it's implied but hasn't been explicitly stated IIRC.

Lote - yay! Thanks! Nothing nefarious about Lucy - she's just a teen avoiding her family in favor of her friends [and keeping her away while Trask was loose at first]. As for the other two.. I'm not sayin' nothin'

Terry - Awwww - I like that ending scene! And the scene after the credits?! BRILLIANT! But would *I* do that? Worthy of Carolfic? What are you talking about?! I promise, Lex is mentioned in II but that's it smile .

Michael - thanks smile . Um... you'll have to wait and see - Ch. 2 I think. Does Superman fly?! Well, not a the moment, but usually wink .

Okay - getting 1 ready to go and then will be back!

Thanks again!
Carol

#64784 07/08/09 02:33 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Bob, it was the plane that gave Grandpa's $$$ away to me. Anyone who can charter a plane at the drop of a hat has money to spare.

This *is* my happily ever after.
#64785 07/09/09 08:24 PM
Kerth
Kerth
Lovely story, Carol. I really enjoyed it.

And the regular posting meant if I missed a day or two, there were multiple parts to read when I got here.

I'm wondering how different things will be for Lois in Metropolis. Sure, she has Clark, but there will be a lot of adjustments for her to make.

I'm glad you didn't finish it here.

#64786 07/15/09 07:50 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I just read this story from start to finish in one go. WOW. I love it. I like the fact that Lois and Clark, pretty much got on well from the start. I like it that Lois finds out about Superman so soon into them meeting each other. It is great that Clark and Lois both pour their heart out to each other so soon. Great ending. am now going to start on the sequel.

Superman is what I can do, Clark is who I am.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard