Top Banana
Different reactions than Ellen.

Almost there! smile1

Bob

L
Columnist
Columnist
L
love Lucy lol and Sam was interesting too... in comparison it's totally Ellen's hallmark to explode over the top, heh.

Sam and Bernie geek fest might be really fun to read =P

(Can't believe there's only one chapter left!)

Sara "Lieta"
Kerth
Kerth
Really loved Lucy's total lack of surprise. Of course she knew... or at least she's good at pretending she did.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Bob, this chapter had me laughing out loud!

You have to admit that you aren’t from Krylon.”

Clark clears his throat. “Ellen, my planet was called Krypton. Krylon is a brand of paint.”
*falls off chair laughing*

It takes considerably longer to get ready for the trip than the actual flight. It might have been quicker but this was the first time Dad had seen the spin-into-the-suit trick and he asked to see Clark do it a few times.
Yeah, that would be pretty amazing to see!

“Well, I’m Ultra Woman. And I do have powers just like Clark. It turns out that under just the right conditions, the abilities can be passed on to another person.” I pause for a minute. She sure seems calm.

Finally, with a note of typical Lucy impatience she says, “Well, what else?”

Now I’m surprised. “What do you mean, ‘what else’? Isn’t that enough?”

“I guess so. But I figured all that out before you phoned. I thought you had some big shocking news to tell me.”
Laughing again. It's just so "ho-hum" to Lucy!

“Think about it. In the last half-dozen years or so, you almost married the fourth richest man in the world who turns out to be a criminal mastermind. Then, you take up with your partner who turns out to be Superman. You told me you’ve been to other dimensions and you’ve traveled through time. After all that, how could you possibly expect me to be surprised you now have super powers?”
*falls off chair laughing again*

And, like Lieta, I'm looking forward to the Sam and Bernie geek-fest!

Columnist
Columnist
Hi,

Getting caught up on all my fic reading. smile

I love the way Lois' family members reacted in different ways. Ellen was typical Ellen, but I'm glad she settled down and took it very well when she finally listened to what Lois was trying to tell her.

I've really enjoyed Ultra Woman's return and hope to see a sequel.

Yours Jenni

Top Banana
Top Banana
“Think about it. In the last half-dozen years or so, you almost married the fourth richest man in the world who turns out to be a criminal mastermind.
Technically, Lex was the third-richest.

Anyway, great fic.

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Sara:
I wanted to have all of them react differently based on their backgrounds and their understanding of Lois, Clark and their relationship.

Marcus:
It just seems to me that is how Lucy would react. She *knows* her sister has this weird, crazy life so if any woman is going to show up with super powers, it has to be Lois.

Iolan:
I’m glad you liked the Krylon/Krypton thing. It just popped into my head and I had to find a way to include it.

Jenni:
I couldn’t leave Ellen out there in not-understanding-land for too long. Her reaction is colored by what happened to her and her marriage. I believe that in her case, a certain level of over-reaction is reasonable and should be forgiven.

DSDragon:
Are you sure about the third-richest? I thought I got the fourth number from one of the transcripts. Anyway, now that you mention it I don’t think Lucy would say it that way. Lucy wouldn’t care where Lex was on the pecking order, she would only remember that he was one of the richest men in the world. I think I’ll revise it that way for the archive submittal as it’s more in-character for what I think Lucy would say.

Thanks all. The final part will be posted shortly.

Bob

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Loved how both Sam and Ellen knew from the get-go. This was a fun part and I don't find it out of place to expect your in-laws to know where you're from.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard