Columnist
Hi,

Now I'm waiting nervously for the final verdict. blush

Yours Jenni

A
Columnist
Columnist
A
I loved it! The ending was great. You portrayed a very realistic path of recovery and return to normal life for Clark. It was definitely well worth the wait.

I'm glad to hear you can't stay away from the keyboard for long because I would love to read more about this family - especially Sara and Vicky. Take whatever break you need and then please write more! smile

Thanks for a great story!

Amber

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Or, you know, Universal Union 4 would be okay too... wink .

Seriously, Jenni, loved it. Very real the way his powers are coming back slowly. I'd love to read more about this crew as well and see Clark be completely back to normal someday, though I know that may not be realistic [though we are talking about a man who flies here wink ]. Loved the dumpster too! Such poetic justice!!! Even if it is eighteen years [or whatever] late.

I need to go back and reread the first one, just 'cause.

Thanks for the ride Jenni!

Carol

Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Hi Jenni,

Sorry I didn't comment on yesterday's posts. I'm up to my ears in the yearly accounting for my brother's finances. I did, however, take the time to read all of it yesterday, and today. I'm glad to see Clark on the way back. I would like to see another story when you can. I'll be writing more after I'm done with this chore -- and I can guarantee it is a chore. I've been working on it for nearly two weeks, and there's still a long way to go.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
L
Blogger
Blogger
L
Sorry to hear that, Nan. Hope you finish soon and get back to writing.

Jenni, I agree with Carol...Either a another story in this series or Universal Union would definitely get my vote. smile

Cheers,
Lote

R
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
R
Love it, love it, love it. What a wonderful soul searching story for Clark and Lois. Their connection is stronger than ever. So many wonderful line to quote and no time to quote them. Just know I loved this story (and all your stories)

Thank you for such a strong finish to this story. it was worth the wait

robinson
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Very nicely done. Another well-written story from the talented keyboard (and fingers?) of one of this fandom's better writers.

As everyone knows, I don't care about the kids, but I did like the dynamic between a Lois who has had to become the lead in the family and the job while Clark was gone, and Clark's new somewhat timid and insecure personality.

Watching the to of them slowly growing back together was very satisfying. Are they full circle yet? Probably not, but there is no doubt that the iconic love is there and as strong as ever.

I also like how you never took the easy way out of letting Clark's powers come back conveniently to be able to save the day. The small bursts of powers that he was able to use, then lose, worked very logically. Given what he went through, it is logical that the powers will take a long time to fully come back, if they ever do. It wouldn't be at all surprising if they never fully came back.

An enjoyable read.

Tank (who was beginning to wonder after such a long break between parts)

Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Hi,

Wow! I am so relieved by all your appreciative comments. It really has done my confidence a power of good.

I think one of the reasons I took so long to write this story was that I doubted my ability to make it all work logically and realistically.

Tank, I'm especially pleased to see you left fdk, as I do know how you feel about kids. I really thank you for your compliments.

In fact, I thank you all for taking time to comment.

Yours Jenni

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Lovely ending, Jenni! Sorry I couldn't bring myself to comment after I knew Lois was safe, but I loved the last two parts. No really, the whole story was great. It was interesting that you made me feel more for Timmons in the last twoparts than you had in all the previous thirty parts. It was because Thomas felt Mary ask him not to kill Victoria, but also, I think, because Clark felt such true sympathy for him, and I couldn't help but being moved by Clark's compassion.

I loved how Lois and Clark reaffirmed their love for each other once again. But like others, I, too, giggled at Lois's 'revenge' by making Clark land in the dumpster!

This was a lovley tribute to 'Clark's true, inner Superman', to all of Lois's innate good qualities, and to the love of Lois and Clark.

Ann

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
It's over? Wow...

thumbsup thumbsup
I like that you took a realistic approach to the ending of this. Reality is - people don't always want to be saved - and I found it a fitting end to Timmons. He kind of got what he wanted, but did he really? So it became an interesting conflict.

Clark - like others, I appreciate the genuine way you deal with him and his (lack of) powers. We're getting a taste of him getting some of himself back, but not all... and he's learning to deal with it with the strength of Lois.

Taunting us with Lois being an impetus for Clark's powers was also brilliant. There is a glimmer of hope there, and she helped bring his strength forward re-emphasising the idea that Clark is stronger with Lois..

Lois was well written. Strong, as always... irrational, but still compassionate....

I was a little surprised we didn't see more of the children's development, but at the end of the day, that wasn't what this story was about.. I am still worried about Matt and what might happen to him in the future.

I'm glad you're not putting your keyboard down for long. It is nice to see the stories you write because they deal with A-plots that make us think, feel and wonder as readers. Always a satisfying ride!

Thanks for persevering!!!

"He's my best friend, best of all best friends
Do you have a best friend too
It tickles in my tummy
He's so Yummy Yummy
Hey you should get a best friend too" - Toy Box
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Jenni, this was a really strong wrap-up of the A-plot and the B-plot was waffy and funny.

Hope you are soon getting the energy and the bunny to give us the rest of this trilogy (hint, hint).

Michael smile1

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Columnist
Columnist
Finally had time to read the final chapter and this was a perfect ending to what has been a terrific story from the very beginning.

Thanks Jenni for finishing it.

S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
An engrossing read. Thank you for sharing your wonderful talent. Be well.

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Hi,

Finally had the energy to check back on my fdk folder and discover there were more comments there.

What with my lovely trip to Italy, and then getting flu when I came home, I'd totally lost track.

Thanks Michael, CP33 and SJH for leaving fdk.

Yours Jenni

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard