Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#64525 06/28/09 05:00 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Wow! Tank, you don't pull any punches. I kind of like the different story once in a while - where Superman is the evil world conqueror. At first I had sympathy for him, but now.....

Also, it makes sense that Superman would use his heat vision to stay well back from the kryptonite. So often he just seems to wander right in range....of course, that's probably necessary for the plot.

Merriwether
Merriwether
Because of Kryptonite being what it is, where it is from, and that it affects Clark's powers, what if it were impervious to Clark's powers? Sach as not being affected by heat vision or cold breath?

Loved the story Tank. Wonderful premise for exploring an evil Kal-El and a less compassionate Lois.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I, too, loved the story.

The possibility of a bad Superman is too good not to explore. And the idea that Lois is the one to bring him down, when he absolutely needs to be brought down, is irresistible. Then again, I love to be taken back to a universe where Superman is good and Lois and Clark are happily married.

What a sweet ending to a scary tale! Tank, you're a romantic at heart!

Ann

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful. But poor Lois. What she doesn't know is that Kryptonians are telepathic, with other Kryptonians.

I rather expect Zara is working at the Daily Planet as Sara, gofer, and researcher.

Framework4
Top Banana
Top Banana
Delightfully evil. I'm glad Superman had it coming to him. It would have been truly tragic if Lois Lane had killed a good Clark.

Just FYI, in our own universe there are no phone numbers containing 911. That's because dialing any combination which includess 911 gets you to the emergency dispatcher. 1 toddler + 1 telephone = ask me how I know wink

This *is* my happily ever after.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Tank, Tank, Tank, you really have a way with twists and turns. First there is Lois having second thoughts, then Clark goes all Kal on her only to have Lucy showing up clap

You know, the phone conversation had me wondering if Lucy knew, but I figured, no, surely not. But now, now I'm not so sure. Could the younger Lane be dating her marks to get close to them so she could off them? Or is her bigger sister getting rid of the bad apples for her? And what did poor Lex say when he realized he had messed with the wrong woman?

Are you going to give us a sequel? After all, Kal isn't dead yet. He's just bleeding and could end up in a lab until he escapes and tries to find Lois.

devilsplat

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
G
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
G
OMG. eek shock eek What a terrifying place! I agree, they'd better watch out, he's not dead, just wounded....
Obviously that universe missed out on the whole Soul Mates thing.
What a fantastic story. I wonder what other universes our Lois and Clark could find....

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Just a quick note to let the gentle readers know about something that had a left-handed influence on this story.

Currently being published by Boom Studios is a comic book called Irredemable. It's written by Mark Wade (if you know comics you know Mark Waid), and drawn by a good friend of mine; Peter Krause. There has been three issues so far and the basic plot line is a 'what-if' about a Superman-level superhero who has gone rogue. It's a very interesting comic book.

So, in order to let Lois off the hook, so to speak, I decided to let Superman be... not so nice.

My original thought was to have Lois carry a back-up gun which she pulls out and plugs Superman herself. I decided against it since I felt that her injured hands would make it too difficult to pull out the gun from a back holster quick enough to catch Superman off guard. So I let Lois use Lucy. How much is Lucy involved in Lois' sideline? Who knows. We all just know what Lois and Clark were able to see during the time they were watching.

The set-up story is out there for any gentle writer to use to allow Lois and Clark view any other version of a Lois and Clark that one might wish to write. We could even see them peeking in on the Smallville versions of Lois and Clark.

So, if anyone has any ideas for a brief peek at an alt-world by our own happy couple... have at it.

Tank (who found the hardest part was to remember that the story was being viewed by our Lois and Clark and thus we had no access to the alt-version's thoughts)

S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
of course i wanted to hate it....but the story was great! still prefer our lois and clark though :-)

A
Columnist
Columnist
A
A very good read, Tank.

Even evil Superman is too cocky...only fitting that Lois should bring him down.

So what other universes can they see with that thing? Surely you have other ideas floating around...

Amber

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
I'm with Michael - wanting a sequel to this one. Can this Superman be redeemed? Could he, in his imprisonment in a government lab somewhere, be won over by Lois and persuaded to use his powers only for good? How could we ever trust him?

Of maybe we blackmail him in some fashion because we need him to take care of the Nightfall asteroid - maybe we can work out some deal? Of course, he's too dangerous ever to let out of the lab.

I just can't stand the thought of an evil Superman! (*whines*) I want him redeemed!

Kerth
Kerth
That was *very* different, Tank.

You found a way to have an evil Superman, but within a framework of a good Superman.

Very inventive.

Top Banana
Top Banana
I figured Tank had created the universe in which Jason Trask was right. eek

This *is* my happily ever after.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard