#64452 06/26/09 02:27 PM
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
FDK goes here smile .

Not sure when on tomorrow's post - probably earlier rather than later as the ILs are coming over for dinner.

Thoughts?

Carol

#64453 06/26/09 04:16 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Ack, all that hiding time, only to get captured as soon as they headed out! Of course, that could be because Lois insisted on heading back into danger instead of away from it ...

And Ack! again with the cliffhanger! Clark just had a second exposure; how will he save her? I have a feeling that this might your version of "being thrown out of an airplane". If so, will Clark roll over the edge with her? Can't wait to find out. thumbsup

#64454 06/26/09 05:20 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I agree with Kathy - total Ack! on the (literal) cliffhanger. You indeed are the Queen of Evil. (And I mean this in a nice way.) notworthy I bow before your Evil Cliffhanger Writing Skill. notworthy

How will our stalwart heroes escape from this conundrum? Can Clark save Lois, and what the hey, if he saves Lois he'll probably have to save Trask as well? Won't that blow his cover?

I love the angst of the previous part, where Lois confesses her romantic mishaps. As a previous poster said, this fic is moving along quite quickly, which I like. So Lois has confessed, Clark has confessed, the bad guys are there, the kryptonite is there - but surely you can make this go for more chapters, right? Right?

#64455 06/26/09 06:32 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm picturing Lois hanging from a protruding branch/root.

"Cliff Hanger, hanging from a cliff, and that's why he's called Cliff Hanger!"

"Can't...hold...on...much...longer!"

(Where's the music icon? Carol has young enough kids that she might actually know what I'm referencing here.)

This *is* my happily ever after.
#64456 06/26/09 07:29 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ack, talk about a literal cliffhanger! The last part was great, too. I liked Lois spilling her guts with Lex and Dan instead of Claude.

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#64457 06/27/09 02:05 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oooo clap

So, why did Lois think it prudent to go investigating instead of calling the sheriff. /slaps head/ That's right. The sheriff is an ex-boyfriend, thus less safe than bringing down the bad guys on her own.

"Ms. Kent won't move," the colonel glowered.
Where does Trask know Lois from?

Lois screamed in pain as she slipped, following him over the side of the cliff.
Okay, let's see. Option a) Lois is presently stumbling to her death, if the bullet didn't kill her. Option b) Lois is just dangling somewhere perfectly safe and waiting for Clark to be rescued. /me is not worried/ laugh

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#64458 06/27/09 05:18 AM
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Let's see, Clark has no powers, has just been exposed to kryptonite again, so he REALLY doesn't have any powers.

Lois has followed Trask over the cliff, and since we know we don't want Trask to survive by grabbing some handy branch, there probably won't be one for Lois either. I wonder how Lois will be saved?

Oh, wait, that's right, this story is called Backwards. So, since in the (Frontwards?) universe that we know from the series, Lois is always saved by Superman and they go on to live happily ever after... In this world Lois must actually fall to her death and Clark lives a lonely miserable life from this point on.

Whew! Glad I figured that one out.

Tank (who thinks it's too bad about Lois though)

#64459 06/27/09 07:10 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Not that I don't like your logic, Tank, but wouldn't backwards mean that Lois gets to save Clark?

Still here, Carol. Still enjoying this. The shorter posts make it perfect for a daily read. I like the background you've created for Lois, the stories with Lex and Dan. But what about Clark?

More soon, please!

Cris
#64460 06/27/09 08:45 AM
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
/me waves

Next to no time but next post will show up momentarily

Thanks!

#64461 06/28/09 11:32 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Even if Carol doesn't get it, HG, I do. I caught that program once or twice when I was bored.

You've gone from "Ahem!" cliffhangers to "Aaahh!" cliffhangers.

She kicked Trask over the edge, whereas she slipped, so ti's possible she is closer to the cliff-face, and could catch something on the way down.

Just don't kill her. That's not backwards, that's downwards.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
#64462 06/28/09 12:13 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hahah! I remember Cliff Hanger, from when my brother was in Elementary School.

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard