Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: carolm FDK: Backwards, 14/? - 06/26/09 06:27 PM
FDK goes here smile .

Not sure when on tomorrow's post - probably earlier rather than later as the ILs are coming over for dinner.

Thoughts?

Carol
Posted By: KathyB Re: FDK: Backwards, 14/? - 06/26/09 08:16 PM
Ack, all that hiding time, only to get captured as soon as they headed out! Of course, that could be because Lois insisted on heading back into danger instead of away from it ...

And Ack! again with the cliffhanger! Clark just had a second exposure; how will he save her? I have a feeling that this might your version of "being thrown out of an airplane". If so, will Clark roll over the edge with her? Can't wait to find out. thumbsup
Posted By: IolantheAlias Re: FDK: Backwards, 14/? - 06/26/09 09:20 PM
I agree with Kathy - total Ack! on the (literal) cliffhanger. You indeed are the Queen of Evil. (And I mean this in a nice way.) notworthy I bow before your Evil Cliffhanger Writing Skill. notworthy

How will our stalwart heroes escape from this conundrum? Can Clark save Lois, and what the hey, if he saves Lois he'll probably have to save Trask as well? Won't that blow his cover?

I love the angst of the previous part, where Lois confesses her romantic mishaps. As a previous poster said, this fic is moving along quite quickly, which I like. So Lois has confessed, Clark has confessed, the bad guys are there, the kryptonite is there - but surely you can make this go for more chapters, right? Right?
Posted By: HappyGirl Re: FDK: Backwards, 14/? - 06/26/09 10:32 PM
I'm picturing Lois hanging from a protruding branch/root.

"Cliff Hanger, hanging from a cliff, and that's why he's called Cliff Hanger!"

"Can't...hold...on...much...longer!"

(Where's the music icon? Carol has young enough kids that she might actually know what I'm referencing here.)
Posted By: Shadow Re: FDK: Backwards, 14/? - 06/26/09 11:29 PM
Ack, talk about a literal cliffhanger! The last part was great, too. I liked Lois spilling her guts with Lex and Dan instead of Claude.

JD
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK: Backwards, 14/? - 06/27/09 06:05 AM
Oooo clap

So, why did Lois think it prudent to go investigating instead of calling the sheriff. /slaps head/ That's right. The sheriff is an ex-boyfriend, thus less safe than bringing down the bad guys on her own.

"Ms. Kent won't move," the colonel glowered.
Where does Trask know Lois from?

Lois screamed in pain as she slipped, following him over the side of the cliff.
Okay, let's see. Option a) Lois is presently stumbling to her death, if the bullet didn't kill her. Option b) Lois is just dangling somewhere perfectly safe and waiting for Clark to be rescued. /me is not worried/ laugh

Michael
Posted By: Tank Re: FDK: Backwards, 14/? - 06/27/09 09:18 AM
Let's see, Clark has no powers, has just been exposed to kryptonite again, so he REALLY doesn't have any powers.

Lois has followed Trask over the cliff, and since we know we don't want Trask to survive by grabbing some handy branch, there probably won't be one for Lois either. I wonder how Lois will be saved?

Oh, wait, that's right, this story is called Backwards. So, since in the (Frontwards?) universe that we know from the series, Lois is always saved by Superman and they go on to live happily ever after... In this world Lois must actually fall to her death and Clark lives a lonely miserable life from this point on.

Whew! Glad I figured that one out.

Tank (who thinks it's too bad about Lois though)
Posted By: Cristina Re: FDK: Backwards, 14/? - 06/27/09 11:10 AM
Not that I don't like your logic, Tank, but wouldn't backwards mean that Lois gets to save Clark?

Still here, Carol. Still enjoying this. The shorter posts make it perfect for a daily read. I like the background you've created for Lois, the stories with Lex and Dan. But what about Clark?

More soon, please!
Posted By: carolm Re: FDK: Backwards, 14/? - 06/27/09 12:45 PM
/me waves

Next to no time but next post will show up momentarily

Thanks!
Posted By: woody Re: FDK: Backwards, 14/? - 06/28/09 03:32 PM
Even if Carol doesn't get it, HG, I do. I caught that program once or twice when I was bored.

You've gone from "Ahem!" cliffhangers to "Aaahh!" cliffhangers.

She kicked Trask over the edge, whereas she slipped, so ti's possible she is closer to the cliff-face, and could catch something on the way down.

Just don't kill her. That's not backwards, that's downwards.
Posted By: DSDragon Re: FDK: Backwards, 14/? - 06/28/09 04:13 PM
Hahah! I remember Cliff Hanger, from when my brother was in Elementary School.
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards