Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Clark is back. clap

Question: When I started this story I debated over Ultra Woman vs. Ultrawoman. Now that the story is almost all up, I'm thinking that Ultrawoman would have been better.

I'm considering changing it for the archive to Ultrawoman. Opinions? confused

Bob

L
Columnist
Columnist
L
I loved Clark's return scene with Lois =) And I wonder if either Bobby or Bill suspect =P

As to your question, the separate 'U' and 'W' 'shields' seemed to suggest the two word idea. But, maybe the one word name works with her new image? ./shrug

Sara "Lieta"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Enjoying the story thoroughly, Bob.

“I don’t know how I ever did this without you.”

“You did it because your real strength doesn’t have anything to do with what’s in your blood or what planet you come from. Your strength comes from your heart, and no one has a bigger heart than my Kansas farm boy.”
Aww! That's sweet.

“So the hubby is still with super-guy in Guatemala?”

My head whips around just in time to see Bobby coming around to the front of the bench. As he sits beside me, I realize my mouth is hanging open. “How did you know Clark was down there?”

“Lois, you know I never reveal my sources.”
Yeah, that's worrisome. Who knew that? Everyone at the Daily Planet? Henderson? People at the MPD? Time for Lois to reassess their operational security.

Does Bobby know Clark's secret? I loved Happy Girl's story, "The Freebie" about this. I've always wondered.

Henderson's reply is immediate. “Don’t you think you can trust me?”

Now it’s his voice that sounds almost pleading. This has the feel of a point that’s going to prove important for our future relationship. “This has to be for your ears only.”

His reply is very serious. “I understand.”

“Do you remember Ultra Woman?”

He smiles for the first time since I’ve been in his office. “I knew it was her. She was the only decent Kryptonian other than Superman."
I like how you put in bits about the level of trust that L&C have developed with Henderson over the years. Trust like that isn't developed quickly.

{quote]As I reach for his door, he asks one more question. “Are you going to be at the press conference tomorrow?”

“Maybe. It’s complicated.”

This triggers a laugh. “Now *that* I can understand!” [/quote]

Does Henderson know, too? Now you've got me wondering who knows the secret!

Kerth
Kerth
I think Henderson knows too.

Presumably Clark will be covering the press conference - or is Superman supposed to be there too?

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Kerth
Kerth
After a quick stop at the day care center to pick up Lara, we’re on our way home to give a proper welcome back to the most important man in our lives.
Which is exactly why we're waiting, with not a lot of patience, for the next part!

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, the script has it in two words.

I really liked the part, Bob. It had poor Clark, funny Bobby, and Henderson/Lois is always good. Looking forward to the press conference.

Michael smile1

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
G
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
G
This is such a lovely story smile I'm not too sure that either Bobby or Henderson know for certain. Although they both probably have some suspicions.
I would think that if Ultra Woman is going to announce herself as Superman's wife, then he would probably be there with her. Unless Superman was at an "emergency", so that Clark could be the rep from the Planet?
Roll on the 9am Press Conference... clap

Ultra Woman or Ultrawoman ? both work. Its your story, your choice! wink

bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Sara:
I’m glad you enjoyed Clark’s return. The U / W shields were part of the reason that I went with two words.

Iolan:
Thank you. This chapter was written well before I saw “Freebie” but I noticed the similarities as well. As to who knows, well, keep reading.

Marcus:
There are many ways to interpret Henderson’s comments. As to the press conference, it’s getting closer every day.

F Hawk:
Fortunately, I’m back on the chapter-a-day schedule.

Michael:
Now I remember! The script was the deciding factor. Since that is how it was in the script, I figured it was good enough for me. Still, it’s Superman not Super Man. Ultrawoman is more consistent with Superman. I still may change it for the archive.

GamesAway:
Thank you so much. There just might have been some deliberate confusion about who knows and who doesn’t introduced by *somebody* involved in this story.

Again, thank you all for the FDK!
Bob

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Adding a couple of paragraphs where Perry and Lois discuss if it should be Ultra Woman or Ultrawoman might be interesting.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Fun thought there, Bob.

Superman is an alien, alas "superman". Ultra Woman is a human woman, albeit ultra, alas "ultra woman" goofy

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
dcarson:
That is inspired! Thanks for the idea. I've added a note to my master copy and will think that over when I do my pre-archive pass through the story.

Michael:
I never knew that the Ultra Woman vs. Ultrawoman would be so complicated.

I have a feeling that the final decision will be based on a coin flip.

Bob

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard