OP Offline
Top Banana
Well? Any takers?

This *is* my happily ever after.
#64094 06/16/09 02:16 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
WHATTTTTTTTTT! Did I miss something here! His wife!@#$ shock jawdrop thud

I will and always be a big fan of Lois and Clark forever and forever.
#64095 06/16/09 02:36 PM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
See, that's what makes it a T&W-esque challenge. I write our fearless heroes into a nasty corner and you have to write them out of it. evil

#64096 06/16/09 02:39 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
<<splutter>>

Wife? WIFE?? I'd insist that you're kidding me, but I know better.

Wow, Jimmy managed to snag Lois? Wait, I know! The daughter is Lucy's baby - Lucy, who died tragically, begging her sister to raise her niece as her daughter and marry Jimmy to keep the family together.

Probably not even close. But I do want to hear about this one. Or are Jimmy and Lois posing as married to keep the single guys away from Lois? Come to think of it, Clark didn't notice a ring on Jimmy's hand the first day. Hmm...

Anyway, do post the next part soon! That's a nifty twist and I can't wait to see it untwisted.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#64097 06/16/09 02:48 PM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally posted by Terry Leatherwood:

Anyway, do post the next part soon! That's a nifty twist and I can't wait to see it untwisted.
Well, like I said, I do have an idea of how to untwist it, but I'd much rather see what one of you comes up with. peep

#64098 06/16/09 03:24 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Hmmm, I've never wanted to see Jimmy killed off before (and I don't know whether I can forgive Smallville for it) but I don't see any other good way out of this situation . . . .

#64099 06/16/09 03:45 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Or the other possibility is that Jimmy and Lois traveled to Asia last year to investigate a ring illegally arranging foreign adoptions and when Lois tried to return to this country, she discovered that she couldn't get back into the U.S. without a long, long wait, since is actually a citizen of another country (Germany?) and her visa had expired. Jimmy couldn't stand to lose his partner so he married her to get her back into the country, and they decided to adopt one of the kids they met at the orphanage . . . .

But that still doesn't get rid of Jimmy without a messy divorce, so he's still going to have to die. (sigh)

#64100 06/16/09 04:26 PM
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
ACK!!

cat

I have no brilliant ideas about how to salvage this, but I hope someone takes a shot at it.

HappyGirl, you are evil.

#64101 06/16/09 04:32 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
You're so delightfully EVIL! There's nothing I value more than a good dose of torture.

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#64102 06/16/09 07:01 PM
Blogger
Blogger
shock Now that was just mean! Olsen and Lane. jawdrop I mean don't get me wrong I like Jimmy, but in what universe can Jimmy Olsen get Lois Lane. But I have to agree with the others the only way to fix this is to kill Olsen. thud

Shanabear504
#64103 06/17/09 05:03 AM
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
While I'm all in favor of Jimmy biting the dust, it really could be as simple as...

* Lois slapped Jimmy's arm off her shoulder and glared at him. "You wish," she said, while shaking her head. "Actually, he's married to a 400 pound harpy who keeps him on such a short leash that he has to fantasize about life in the fast lane."

Jimmy gave Clark a loopy grin and shrugged. *

Actually the hardest part of the challenge would be to justify Perry thinking that Jimmy is actually a competant photographer.

Tank (who still is annoyed by all things Jimmy)

#64104 06/17/09 05:28 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally posted by Tank:

* Lois slapped Jimmy's arm off her shoulder and glared at him. "You wish," she said, while shaking her head. "Actually, he's married to a 400 pound harpy who keeps him on such a short leash that he has to fantasize about life in the fast lane."

Jimmy gave Clark a loopy grin and shrugged. *
This was almost exactly my reaction. (Without the 400 pound harpy part.) It just seemed too easy.

There's also the "fake marriage for an investigation angle. That was done with Claude in... I'm sorry but I don't remember the fic right now.

Bob (Who gets twitchy whenever either Lois or Clark are with someone else. smile )

#64105 06/17/09 05:35 AM
L
Columnist
Columnist
L
*peeps around*

/Clark felt himself flop back onto the bed. "Lois?"

His wife let out a grumpy snort. "What?"

"No more take out from Cat's Cuisine, okay?"

Lois' eyes popped open. "What? Why? I thought they were pretty good..."

Clark grimaced. "The food managed to give *me* a really weird dream."

Lois stared at him for a long moment. "O-kay then... food that gives Superman weird dreams I can definitely do without, Flyboy." With that she rolled over and slipped back to her own dreams.

Clark sighed and closed his eyes for a moment. Soon, however, his eyes opened once again. 'On second thought, maybe I'll go do a patrol. I don't want to revisit *that* again...'/

=D

ps- yes I am officially back to the boards... but catching up... and I am writing again... ^.^''

Sara "Lieta"
#64106 06/17/09 06:56 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi there wave

Hmm, all I can come up with is weird dream. Kill Jimmy. Maybe Lex could fall for Lois, kill jimmy only to have Lois seek comfort with Clark huh Or Tempus mucked things up.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#64107 06/17/09 10:23 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
See, now we're getting the idea. And this is partly your fault, Tank. You're the one who mentioned a sudden marriage in my wild weekend question and then Classicalla mentioned Jimmy's crush on Lois.

And no, my untwist idea doesn't include Jimmy truly 'winning' Lois, either. I agree that she's way out of his league. I did sustitute Jimmy's more competent twin here, but still...

Maybe I'll actually write mine up later. Still curious to see if anyone can come up with one that doesn't involve bad Chinese food. :p

#64108 06/17/09 01:15 PM
Kerth
Kerth
I have an idea.

What I don't have is any time to write it up .... but if I can get back to the computer this afternoon ... who knows?

#64109 06/17/09 03:10 PM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
That's the spirit, Female Hawk! I'd love to see what you come up with. Feel free to post it directly as Part 2. cool

#64110 06/17/09 04:30 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
In part 1 this Lois and Jimmy seemed too close for the marriage to be a joke. So how about:

"Your ex-wife, you mean," scowled Lois. She turned to Clark and added, "but we still manage to work together. And Jimmy's finally finished thinking he's Cary Grant from the movie His Girl Friday. We won't ever be back together, in spite of Perry's constant matchmaking."

#64111 06/17/09 07:31 PM
MLT Offline
Merriwether
Merriwether
I don't have time to write this up. And it would certainly be a lot longer than a 'part 2' would allow. But thanks for giving me something to mull over this evening. Anyway, here's my story:

It’s the alt-universe and Jimmy is actually the boy wonder who owns the Daily Planet. That’s how he got assigned as Lois Lane’s partner. That’s also how he gets the praise from Perry - because Jimmy is actually Perry’s boss.

Anyway, Jimmy decided he wanted to marry Lois. So he tries to get her to go out with him. She made it clear that while he’s a great friend, she has no romantic interest in him. Jimmy pretends to accept her answer, but...

In this universe, Lucy is much younger than she is in ours - only ten or so. Jimmy kills Lois’ parents. The judge, who has been bribed by Jimmy, makes a ruling against Lois getting custody of Lucy because of her high-risk career and orders Lucy into foster care. Jimmy comes riding to the rescue. Marry me and we’ll get custody of your sister.

Lois hesitates. After all, the idea of intimacy with Jimmy isn’t exactly an attractive option for her. He assures her that he won’t insist on that - until she’s ready. She sees no other way to get custody of Lucy so she marries Jimmy - making sure that he understands that this will be a marriage in name only. After all, Jimmy is so rich that they can afford to hire a nanny - getting rid of the ‘Lois in a high risk career’ argument. Lucy will obviously be well protected.

Lois, though, gets suspicious of Jimmy. It begins on their wedding night. At first she thinks she must have drunk too much champaign. That must be why she finds herself naked with Jimmy in bed, with a pretty good idea that they have, indeed consummated their marriage. But then she finds some little pills in Jimmy’s jacket and she realizes that she was drugged. She’s about to confront him, when she hesitates. If he’d do this, maybe he isn’t the nice, harmless guy he pretends to be. And so she begins an investigation of him - very carefully, though, as she begins to realize how ruthless Jimmy is. And in the meantime, she continues the role of grateful wife and partner and parent to Lucy.

Enters Clark. Lois doesn’t trust him. She doesn’t trust him in particular because it appears that Jimmy likes him. And she certainly doesn’t trust the chemistry she feels with Clark. But then Clark stumbles across something from her investigation into Jimmy. He confronts her. But because she doesn’t trust him, she lies to him. Clark thinks she’s lying to him and begins an investigation of his own - which leads him to Jimmy.

In any event, Jimmy doesn’t like Clark. His friendly act is just that - an act. Maybe he senses something, some chemistry between Lois and Clark, during the Messenger investigation. Lots of things happen in Jimmy’s effort to get rid of Clark. But the man seems to have nine lives. But in the end, Jimmy manages to have Clark set up for stealing from the Planet and thereby getting fired.

Anyway, at some point in the investigation, Lois gets herself into a tricky situation and is almost caught by Jimmy - but is rescued miraculously by Clark who is running a parallel investigation to hers. After the rescue, he hands over all the evidence he’s gathered, finally gaining her trust. Lois and Clark finally put together a case on Jimmy in the death of the Lanes. They trace the bribe money to the judge who was going to send Lucy to foster care. They even prove that Jimmy set up Clark and got him fired. Jimmy goes to jail. Clark gets his job back. Lois gets a divorce and custody of Lucy. As for Lois and Clark... well, the adventure of moving them from co-conspirators in the plot to bring down Jimmy to lovers is left for another story.
The end. wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
#64112 06/18/09 04:41 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Love it, MLT! Thanks for playing. cool

Off to read FH's part 2

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard