Print Thread
#64046 06/14/09 04:48 PM
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
You know... I can't actually post previews like I tend to get asked to do but this is all that's written... chalk it up to late night hysteria or dementia or something...

FDK?

Carol

#64047 06/14/09 07:05 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
TBC [yes, you read that right...]
YES!!!!

Oh, um, ahem. Real FDK...err actually I did a fair share of arm-waving and fist pumping in my mother's office...God I love that everything is backwards!

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#64048 06/15/09 04:15 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Carol, I'm intrigued. Lots of room for fun here. And also unpredictable, since it's not a complete flip. For one thing, Clark Lane is on good terms with his parents. And a mom who would tan his hide doesn't sound like Ellen.

Let the muse romp!

This *is* my happily ever after.
#64049 06/15/09 05:10 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
This is fun! And the last line was as intriguing as you'd surely intended it to be. Here I was thinking it was just going to be a fun little story, when Martha's line made me sit up and take notice. Just what did she mean by that? (And is Clark going to choke on his food before he figures it out, LOL.)

#64050 06/15/09 06:34 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
dance Another new Carol story!!
I am away from my computer for just a few days, and I get to come back to a lovely new story.
I love this idea. I'm wondering what Martha meant by her comment. I don't think that the secret is out. Otherwise, Clark would have flown under his own power to Smallville. She most likely is referring to either his journalistic talent/job, his handsome appearance, or both. *Giggle* Wouldn't it be a hoot if she saw through his disguise and meant that comment in more than one way. Martha has always been portrayed as a quick one. That's probably not the case, but I look forward to "seeing" Clark choke on his brisket while he works out her comment.
Until the next time...

~Mel~
#64051 06/15/09 08:34 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
goofy Although, shouldn't she be a bit worried about not getting enough farm-workout?

Martha laughed. "Oh, you're fine. It's not every day we have a Superman here."
Hmm... No, there isn't anything to it. Just Martha teasing Lois about the presumed hotness (and oglibilty) of their guest.

So, what about the Lane family and their strange, normal home? And how come Martha and Jonathan can have kids?

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#64052 06/15/09 01:32 PM
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Thanks guys smile .

JD - hehe - glad you're having fun - hope I can keep it up.

Happy girl - again - hope it's fun and stays that way [ish - this is Lane and Kent after all wink - doesn't that take on new meaning now?]. Well - Ellen would tan his hide - IMO - for being an 'uncultured swine' and speaking with his mouth full, etc. Same outcome as one Martha Kent perhaps, but different rationales.

Kathy - KATHYFDK! After rereading Kathyfic [again] recently. Do want to talk to you for a second if you have a chance to hop on IRC soon... do hope I can keep it fun. This thing is totally by the seat of my pants...

Mel - Aw - thanks! No, his secret isn't out - at least not to the general public. To Ma Kent? Ah, RAFO!

Michael - thanks for the email smile . If there's a wide [very wide] variety of universes where a man can fly, surely in *one* of them M/J can have kids - right?

So next post... Here in a bit. They're short but frequent... I do have a bit more written now and my head is swimming with ways to go with it. We'll see what spews out of the fingers. I have no game plan for this one [you should have seen the outline for OTOH as I got to ch. 70 or so - detailed chapter outlines - always had a pretty general idea but...]. The only plan is that at some point, I will write 'the end' and mean it. And at some other point, Lois and Clark may [repeat *may*] get together. Maybe. Clark did mention an ex-girlfriend. I'm sure Lois has a guy in her life in some manner so... right?

Carol wink

#64053 06/15/09 01:36 PM
S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
Yay! new carol-fic! I always get so excited whenever I see your new posts - but I think I'm gonna have to pass on SEd until the whole thing is finished. I am not a Clark/Lana fan, so until happily ever, I don't think I'll be able to read...
but this one is great! love it!

#64054 06/25/09 09:53 PM
B
Blogger
Blogger
B
Lois... cooking?!?!?!?!? shock shock laugh
The story feels like you cracked a lois egg and a clark egg into one bowl and split it down the middle til they were scrambled together, but it is really fun so far.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard