Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#64036 06/14/09 11:10 AM
Karen Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
So go ahead, let me have it. Let me just prepare...

peep

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
#64037 06/14/09 11:22 AM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
YAY! You posted!!!

Love it still!

Carol

#64038 06/14/09 02:44 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
No blasting here. I thought it was very nicely done. smile I'm looking forward to seeing how Lois handles the polygraph test.

But -- and I think you were expecting this -- I'm confused on why you'd break it up into three parts, at this length. Are the other two longer and this is just the intro?

Regardless, I'm looking forward to the rest. smile

#64039 06/14/09 03:28 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
What a great intro! Lois knows right from the start. What's going to happen next? You've really got me wondering.

Suggestion: Change the icon to the little blue arrow; I thought, at first glance, that the story was feedback.

#64040 06/15/09 05:12 AM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I like it! Right now, I think this is about the right length for me!

And for the record, I always like it when Lois figures out right away!

Ann

#64041 06/15/09 06:39 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Oooh! Lois this early in the story who has already figured it out. I wonder what she's going to do with this info. She's obviously not going to blow his cover to the government lackeys, but what will she do/say to Clark. I am looking forward to Wednesday's post which I hope will be much longer. wink

~Mel~
#64042 06/15/09 11:57 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Having been guilty of posting a teaser as part 1 myself, I'll just say:

I like short intros. It gives the reader a chance to savor the set-up, think about how she would solve it, and look forward to seeing how the author solves it.

So, rock on, Karen. laugh

Happy, who is happy to share the Queen of Evil Cliffies title with all comers

This *is* my happily ever after.
#64043 06/17/09 03:27 AM
Karen Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Whew, thanks, everyone! It's always scary to post, especially when, like me, you don't write much at all. laugh

KathyB: But -- and I think you were expecting this -- I'm confused on why you'd break it up into three parts, at this length. Are the other two longer and this is just the intro?
The story actually seemed to fall into a trilogy of separate-but-related stories for me. I wrote this section first, and then realized there was a bit more to tell, but it didn't exactly flow as a full story. So it's more three scenes or vignettes. I figure in between the parts, the events pretty much flowed as it did in the show. And yes, parts 2 and 3 are much longer.

IolantheAlias: Suggestion: Change the icon to the little blue arrow; I thought, at first glance, that the story was feedback.
Heh, I knew I was forgetting something. It's fixed. laugh

TOC: And for the record, I always like it when Lois figures out right away!
Thanks, me too. It can make things more interesting!

melray1228: She's obviously not going to blow his cover to the government lackeys, but what will she do/say to Clark.
Nah, they're being too mean for her to even think about it. laugh

HappyGirl: I like short intros. It gives the reader a chance to savor the set-up, think about how she would solve it, and look forward to seeing how the author solves it.
Very true. Not that this was my purpose this time, but I sometimes agree, depending on the story. wink

The next part will be posted this afternoon, once I get home from work (about 5pm EST or so).

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
#64044 06/22/09 03:17 PM
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Nice. I especially like the title and the sub-title.

Elisabeth

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard