Next Thread
Print Thread
T
TOC Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Goodness me! I can't help feeling a little sorry for this Lois. Not that she doesn't deserve what she's getting. This had me in stitches:

A few seconds later, Clark was looking on in mild amusement as she ran around in zigzagged circles, screaming in revulsion and protest at her dad, at her life, and at anything that had ever pooped.
rotflol rotflol rotflol

Ahh, that's life in the country for you, Lois! There's a lot of pooping going on, and not so many restrooms, certainly not for the cows!

Clark deserves a bit of punishment too, I think. He isn't being very nice. But Martha made him embarrassed, to be sure!

The older woman gazed up at him for a few silent seconds; a mischievous smile threatening to spread across her face. “Honey, you were jealous.”

“Jealous?! Of what? No, I wasn’t!” When his mother merely raised her eyebrows in response, he added, “She was trying to get him to do her work! I was saving him from her manipulations.”

Martha nodded seriously. “Clark, it’s an understandable reaction. She is *awfully* pretty.”
<snicker>

Okay, that was short but sweet (albeit with a slight aroma of manure). When is the next part coming?

Ann

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful!

Framework4
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Chloe? Seriously?

Have watched just enough Smallville to know I don't like her wink .

Otherwise - loved it wink .

Carol

A
Columnist
Columnist
A
Hilarious! I'm a little glad to see that Lois has some ammunition - level the playing field a bit. Is she really going to escape? Or has Sam already anticipated this move on her part?

More soon please!
Amber

Merriwether
Merriwether
Chloe Sullivan? Bwa ha ha!

This is such a fun story. I could just picture the phone bouncing into the pool of ... muck wink ... and Lois going in after it. She can't say Clark didn't try to warn her, LOL.

On the other hand, I give Lois props for walking the 8 miles into town by herself. The girl has grit when she's motivated. But we should have known that ... even in an off the wall romp like this, she's still Lois Lane. thumbsup

From the descriptions, I'm picturing them both being in their late teens or early 20's. Am I close?

Top Banana
Top Banana
Also LOL at the pooping line. thumbsup

This *is* my happily ever after.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
*yay* Sonia‘s back goofy

The sudden introduction of a new voice alerted Lois to the fact that she really had been caught and caused her to drop her phone. Trying to catch it before it hit the ground, she bobbled it a few times before watching in horror as it bounced off of her shoe and into the mud pit.
Mud?

“Damnit!” she exclaimed, rushing over and preparing to go fishing.

“Uh… I don’t think you want to do that,” Clark warned.
hehehehehe

Clark grimaced as she plunged both arms elbow-deep into the sludge. “It’s just… that’s not mud.”
Who cares? The phone’s more important than a little bit of hick-dirt.

Lois pulled her arms out of the thick mire with her phone in tow. She used the hand that wasn’t holding the phone to wipe at some of the liquid that had splashed onto her upper lip. “Then what is it?”
Ewwwwww

Clark raised his eyebrows and gave her a pointed look.
hehehehe

With dawning comprehension, Lois’s face blanched. When she looked down at the now dead appliance in her hand, she screamed. When she looked at the liquid manure that was caked and dripping from her arms, she screamed again.

A few seconds later, Clark was looking on in mild amusement as she ran around in zigzagged circles, screaming in revulsion and protest at her dad, at her life, and at anything that had ever pooped.
You know, I sort of expected her to flail her arms, giving Clark a healthy does as well evil

“Walked, hitchhiked… mostly walked.”
Wait, it’s eight miles into town. So, did she got picked up and thrown out again, or did she just hitch a ride on the last leg?

Lois’s eyes popped open and then narrowed angrily. “Why didn’t I just call from the house,” she repeated flatly, silently cursing Clark Kent for tricking her, “because there’s a phone. In the house.”
When did Clark tell Lois that there is no phone in Hicksville? And how do they happen to have cell coverage without having phone lines, first?

The Sully bit. Hmm, the others might be right. Clark might know her. huh After all, Martha and Sam know each other…

Michael, hoping the momentum will mean the story keeps coming blush

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Clark is a jerk for shooing away the extra pair of hands over just a bit of jealousy. Lois, admittedly, is still a snob, but at least she doesn't create extra work for him.

On the other hand, Lois shouldn't have been taking breaks to gab on the phone while Clark was still hard at work.

Elisabeth

Columnist
Columnist
I love seeing these two bug each other. It's even worse than in their early days at the Planet.

I also think that Clark is more than just a fan of Sully. I'm interested to see where that's going. And I love that you put Chloe in! Her and Lex were the ones that I watched Smallville for. I think she's a great character so I'm happy to see her here.

BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Sonia, your story continues to be absolutely delightful!
“She was flirting with him!”

Martha looked back toward the hay bales and noticed that Lois was now reclining on one of them, having completely removed her flannel outer shirt and using it as a blanket. “I see,” she said knowingly.

He followed her gaze and, knowing that her tone said more than her words, asked, “What does that mean?”
Let's hear it for Martha! She's probably the most astute person on the planet. Of course, raising someone like Clark probably encouraged her to develop those skills.

Lois continues to be a joy to watch. Her conversation (and her caution regarding the hidden cameras) as well as the ultimate demise of her phone had me ROTFLMAO! rotflol
Lois’s eyes popped open and then narrowed angrily. “Why didn’t I just call from the house,” she repeated flatly, silently cursing Clark Kent for tricking her, “because there’s a phone. In the house.”
Oh, Kent. You are in soooo much trouble. Right now Clark is getting the best of her - both because she's on his territory and because she's lost a little of herself to Lola - but I hope to see her assert herself a little more. There'll be some real fireworks then.

More soon, please!

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Thanks everyone! I'm back from my trip so I'm tying my muse down to a chair.

Ann- Lois is certainly getting her fill of poo. I think she would say that it's overrated. smile

Frame- Thanks!

Carol- I'm right there with you in the non-fan club, but I try to write her in a way that I can enjoy. Hopefully it'll work for you too. wink

Amber- I believe that there is a saying that begins something like, "The best laid plans..."

Kathy- I think Lois has a fiery streak no matter where we put her. Yes, early twenties is a correct assessment. We'll get into the details of that soon.

HappyGirl- I'm sure our sweet Clark would have caught the phone for her if he could have... oh wait, he's not that sweet is he? Hmmm

Michael- I tend to think that Lois learns pretty quick and after Martha called her on her last potty mouth session, she's a little paranoid- as we all should be with a Ma Kent around wink

Elisabeth- I think both of these kids are showing their (lack of) maturity at this point... which means the time for an awakening should be nigh!

Beth- Interesting thought on Sully...

BJ- I totally agree with your thoughts on Lois/Lola. I hope we start digging into that soon.

*waves*
~s

October Sands, An Urban Fairy Tale featuring Lois and Clark
"Elastigirl? You married Elastigirl? (sees the kids) And got bizzay!" -- Syndrome, The Incredibles
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
LOL, Sonia!

Michael, trying to work through the withdrawal symptoms. dizzy

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Apologies! Sorry, sorry. It's been forever (at least that's what it feels like to me) but RL took a huge time consumption curve.

But I will be back once I reign it back in wink Promise!

October Sands, An Urban Fairy Tale featuring Lois and Clark
"Elastigirl? You married Elastigirl? (sees the kids) And got bizzay!" -- Syndrome, The Incredibles
Top Banana
Top Banana
Don't worry, Sunrei,

I'm looking forward to the next part, but real life come first. The muse will tickle you when she's ready. wink

This *is* my happily ever after.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard