Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Beth S. Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
A bit of trivia for those of you who care... There's a line in this chapter that I twisted from the show that sort of inspired this story. smile

S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
caught that right away - the line about him being Superman and CLark Kent is just something he does? great twist.

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Well, this part went better than I had feared. And of course there was no way that everyting would be just A-okay with Kal and Lois after she didn't tell him about Nightfall and his superpowers sooner than she did. It is still frustrating that Kal is moving out, though I can see that in a way it is a good thing, too.

So Kal is the one that is afraid of romance because he wants to keep Lois's friendship. That is also a twist on the show, where Lois wanted to marry Lex instead of Clark to keep Clark's friendship. *shudder*

It's going to be interesting to see how Kal will fare turning himself into Clark Kent. And I so do hope that he will be ready to love Lois before too long!

Ann

A
Columnist
Columnist
A
Hooray! Beth posted!

I really love this story.

What a big step for Kal to show Lois the globe. I loved how Lois didn't back down when Kal was clearly very upset with her. Not that she didn't know that maybe what she did wasn't the best course of action, but she had her reasons and wanted him to know that.

Part of me hates to see him move out, but the other part of me hopes he'll be getting Clark's Clinton Avenue apartment, which will make it all okay.

I'm very curious what kind of job he's going to get. He's not exactly prepared to be a reporter, is he?

And we're getting to the part I've been waiting for - where he deals with the trauma of Krypton exploding.

Did I mention I love this story? smile
Amber

R
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
R
Wow! What a great part. The feelings of both Kal and Lois were all over - the betrayal that Kal felt
"“Lois, I’ve trusted you with pretty much everything ever since I arrived on Earth.”" to Lois' fear of losing Kal. This part was very poignant but it also has a sense of a beginning

Very well done

robinson
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yay clap Fun part.

Caught the twist and grinned.

Of course, the one thing that Kal didn’t know was that Lois was lying. Because she knew that eventually he would move past the trauma in his life. He would build a new life here on Earth and eventually, if he was pointed in the right direction, he *would* be ready to date someone.

And Lois was planning on being there every step of the way. She would help him along the journey and when he finally was ready to date… Well, she would be there, too.
I actually had to check if this was the end of the story huh

I was surprised by how easily he came around, though. Not that I mind wink

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I liked the twist very much. I thought it was the best line in the part.

I was also curious about where Clark would go from here. He doesn't have what it takes to be a reporter at the Planet, although I suppose he can work his way up from the bottom.

Elisabeth

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
*sniffle* whinging whinging whinging

~•~
Beth S. Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Thanks for indulging me and letting me know that you liked the line.

Michael, of course this isn't the end! wink We're moving in that direction, though. I won't offer a part estimate because I'm terrible at that, but I will say that the main journey in this story is Kal finding a place on Earth, and he's getting very close at accomplishing that.

Next part up in a few minutes.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard