OP Offline
Columnist
Thoughts?

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Ahh gaahhh. I can understand that Lois didn't tell Kal right away as long as she thought that the asteroid wasn't a threat any more, but as soon as she realized that the world was still in danger she should have told him. After all, she knows that Kal's first priority is to protect the Earth. How could she think that it was okay to hide the truth about Kal from himself and thereby prevent him from saving the Earth? The selfishness here is monumental. I can certainly understand that Kal flew away from her without kissing her. And surely, when he returns, he will not move back in to her apartment.

I really don't think that things are over forever between Lois and Kal, because you wouldn't do that to us, would you, Beth? But Lois made an absolutely awful mistake, a most horrible mistake, when she didn't tell Kal about himself, even though the Earth was in danger. Now she has to earn Kal's trust back, and that will take time, I'm sure.

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I like the reversal here. In the show, Lois didn't know. Here, she does know who Superman really is. And she's fallen hard, and done the convenient (but wrong) thing by not telling Kal. It's different from the Lois in the show, but also very believable.

What repercussions will this have on her relationship with Kal? I'm assuming that there is much angst to come.

And will Kal remember those precious few hours, when he felt human, and forgot about the loss of Krypton? Will he try to get that back?

Loads of fun still to come, I hope!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ah, well. I knew it was eventually going down this way. Strangely, I'm not irritated at Lois for sitting on the world's life-saving biggest secret. I liked the Kal without the trauma, too. :p

Great part,
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Top Banana
Top Banana
Aargh! It was pretty clear that this was the way it was going to go down but it's still frustrating.

I wonder just how bonehead Kal will be? Given that whatever-the-name, this is still the soul of Clark, I see him returning from nightfall and committing a big STUPID. Yes Lois should have told him but he *DID* tell her that he didn't want to know. (And she was on her way to tell him as soon as the rocket missed.)

I have lots of ideas how this may play out but I'll avoid guessing at possibilities.

Oh, before Nightfall #2, I loved the togetherness that they were sharing. I especially liked this section:
He could feel the presence of some darkness lurking in the back corner of his mind, but he subconsciously steered clear of that area. He didn’t want anything to come between his cozy position with Lois. Even by the look on Lois’ face, he could tell that it was painful, and he didn’t want that to ruin the wonderful thing that was happening right down. Whatever terrible thing lurking in his past could just stay there, along with everything else.
How long will Kal choose to be stupid before remembering this moment?

Very nice part! (I just wish you were posting faster. smile )

Bob

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oh boy. They went from cuddly comfy to Clark being Kal and distant. mecry

More? Soon?

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
Well, phooey.

Don't get me wrong, it was a great part! But it was a relief to see a relaxed Clark for a bit. Maybe that's the point, though - this isn't Clark, it's Kal. /sigh

I wonder if Kal will give Lois a chance to explain why she didn't tell him. And it's so not fair of him to expect her to have told him - he didn't want her to! He was avoiding it as much as she was.

I loved the details about him eating during his forgetful period.

So what exactly is it going to take for Kal to become more Clark? And how soon are we going to get to read about it?!?

Amber

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I got stuck on a tiny, insignificant factoid. I think it's interesting that Kal, who doesn't eat, learned how to make Martha's recipes.

As for the ending, Awwwww.

Elisabeth

R
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
R
I love this story. when can we expect the next part? Hopefully real soon please, please

robinson
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Beth:
I'm wondering what happened to this great story. We were really enjoying it.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Hey - I'm not Beth but I do know her life got insane this semester.

But yeah... Come back Beth!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks for the word, Carol. We have hope of having it finished. Life can be like that.
cool
Artemis

Beth S. Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
peep

Hello...

So I've been missing for a few months from the boards. I guess needed a bit of a break or something. And for some reason I had this horrendous block when it came to finishing this story.

But good news! I just sent the last two chapters to my betas (if they're still talking to me!) and the story will be ready to post soon.

However, since it's been so long since I've posted, and given that there are only two chapters left, I am considering just sending it to the archive and having it uploaded there, rather than posting the rest here.

Unless anyone wants to see the rest of it before it gets uploaded?

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Of course we're still talking to you!

Well, I am. I suppose Nancy might not be... wink

And if you ever get that email from me... my thoughts on posting are in there smile .

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yes, we want to see it before it gets uploaded!! I have an unfinished file on my computer just waiting for the end!!! DO IT, DO IT, DO IT.
cool
Artemis smile1 smile1 thumbsup thumbsup clap clap

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
yes, post it here please!

Top Banana
Top Banana
Hi Beth wave

Welcome back. We've missed you.

And yes, please post the parts when you have them ready.

Bob

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard