The Little Tornado.

The Little Tornado is ....

Marisa Wikramanayake
Freelance Writer & Editor,
Board Member of SoEWA and Writing WA
http://www.marisa.com.au
Columnist
Columnist
I don't have any suggestions. What I do want to say is that I am enjoying this new twist to a familiar scenario. I have to deal with privacy issues all the time. I'm looking forward to where you're going with this.

Irene

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful tale thus part. Clearly this needs to be a Revelation tale.

Why? First because Superman is spilling two much about his attachment to Lois.

Second because we know Lois is over her Superman crush.

How do we know this?, Two reasons.
  • She's not giddy and gleeful at this news.

But, according to this woman and supposed common knowledge, Superman's nightly patrol always seemed to end with a flyby visit to her apartment building.
  • She'd no long trying to put the moves on Superman
    Though come to think of it, she hadn't done a lot of that lately. The seducing Superman bit.

So given that Lois is over her crush and Clark is spilling his guts
"I - I listen for your heartbeat."
Either they move forward or Superman feels the wrath of Mad Dog Lane and any hope for a relationship is dead.

Framework4
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I kind of expected Lois to ask Superman to stop his nightly fly-bys, not because she doesn't like being coddled, but because it's starting to reflect on her effectiveness and reputation as a reporter.

Also, with the focus on the privacy and ethical issues, I half wondered if Lois wasn't going to ask Superman how he resists spying on people.

As for where it should go? Well, since Superman has already mentioned Clark being worried about her, maybe Lois can tell Superman thata Clark can check in with her at night - maybe via the phone. It'd be less conspicuous and would allow their friendship to grow.

No matter what you decide, though, this is a really interesting topic. Good luck!

Top Banana
Top Banana
Definitely an interesting premise. You've got a couple of angles you could pick up on here.

- Superman has admitted not only that he checks up on Lois, but also that he does it both for himself and for Clark. This implies a lot of communication between S & C about Lois. It implies the two of them teaming up to look after her, which could be a lead-in to a revelation.

- This Lois is intriguingly self-aware. "Mad Dog Lane was an act" says a lot. And she seems pretty comfortable with the idea that she has *two* men who care for her.

- She's still got the issue of her professional reputation to protect/rehabilitate. Not sure I would want to get too far into that. She seems to be focusing more on the "Please tell me Superman isn't stalking me" angle. I loved the "Please don't let me down" line.

- She's floored that he listens for her heartbeat. This could be a good jumping off place for the next part. The implications of his ability to pick her heartbeat out from everyone else in her apartment block are stunning if she really thinks about it. It implies a level of...concern? attachment? intimacy?...that she hadn't realized Superman had for her.

- But please keep Clark in this mix, too. I love that Supermans says "*We* worry about you." That 'we' has a different implication than a love triangle. It makes S & C partners instead of rivals in their concern for Lois.

I'm definitely for the revelation story idea. As for how to get unstuck, I would try letting these characters talk this out and just see where it takes you.

Good luck! I'm looking forward to seeing where you take these characters next.

This *is* my happily ever after.
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I haven't read this, yet, but I did wonder... how did the story go from two parts to three parts in all of five minutes?

Elisabeth

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
This is interesting because Superman just admitted he does whatever Clark asks of him in the same way that both Clark and Superman does whatever Lois asks of him. Clearly Superman feels awkward about his involvement, as if he knows he's stepping over the bounds of appropriate behavior.

Elisabeth

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I have no suggestion to propose to you but I like the ideas of Framework 4 and HappyGirl!
I hope read soon the suite ! Good Continuation.

Friendly, Hannah.

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
I just read both parts today. Liking it so far! thumbsup

Can it be a LoisXSuperman fic? Pleeeeeease? I mean, the bit about the heartbeat is so romantic; it's gotta be a perfect opening! laugh

~•~

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard