Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
ShayneT Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Thanks for all the comments. I'm amazed that I still have a single reader after all this time, but I'm appreciative of every one. This chapter is the first writing I've done in a long time- most of the other stuff was left over from before. So let me know what you think.

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Now you have a new reader! Its actually bizarre that this was posted today, because as soon as I finished part nine (I have the first 9 parts on my HD and just got around to reading them today)I came to the mbs just to look and the first heading was Part 10! I love this story, and I'm excited to find out what Clark's sordid past is all about. Will Lois still have "romantic feelings" for him? Of course! huh

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. thumbsup

Slowly, the man nodded. “They called it reparations for an accidental spill, but Wayne called it hush money...at least he did before he saw the check. After that...well, I guess he’s pretty much retired now.”
What was the money for?

Pete nodded. “The spaceship? I think everybody in town saw it. Wayne talked about it for days before the Feds came to the door. He showed it to just about everyone he knew. Of course, after the Feds finished talking to him, he changed his story, said it was all a hoax.”
Where did Wayne find it? confused

Did they suspect of Clark? confused

Pictures. It hadn’t occurred to Clark that his friend would have pictures. He’d suspected that Wayne had taken government money from the moment that he’d learned that he’d gone out of town. He’d also thought that if Wayne was staying with his son in law that he’d be encouragable to say that it was all a hoax.
Who gone out of town Clark or Peter?
If is Clark then Wayne sold Clark. eek

“This seems a little elaborate for a hoax, wouldn’t you say, Clark?” Lois was glancing through a series of photographs that Pete had pulled from a drawer. “ From what I’m given to understand, it wasn’t like Wayne Irig had a Hollywood special effects crew standing by.”
Lois will find out if for a baby. eek

Pete turned and opened the small chest, and in that single instant everything changed.

For the first time in twenty years, Clark felt pain.
Now they know. eek

More soon, please.

MAF laugh

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Shayne

Another great part! thumbsup

You present a very bleak picture of Clark's friend and Smallville in general. frown What exactly did happen there concerning Clark? dizzy

And yikes, poor Clark!! eek

I can't wait to see what happens next.

Tricia cool

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yikes, what a cliffhanger! And we might not get another section of this for *weeks* if not months... help

Good stuff, Shayne, if awfully bleak. More soon, please smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
YAY! You're doing some more writing!!! I'm delighted to see a new part of this story here.

Now we're beginning to get more glimpses into Clark's past, and it's fascinating. I do feel for him, especially given that his new partner, a woman he must want to impress, both professionally and personally (given that they've had a date!), is hearing all of this too.

And then the Kryptonite... aaarrrrgghhhh! frown

I have to say, though, that in a way this is beginning to feel like two stories in one. The first three parts or so were much more light-hearted and almost WAFFy in a way, despite the trouble with Lucy. Clark, in those sections, seemed pretty sure of himself and not really like a man with this kind of bleak past. It would almost make more sense if the date was a different story, and this, perhaps, was an Elseworld adaptation of GGGOH. Just a suggestion, which of course you're perfectly free to ignore - especially as you're only just managing to get back to writing this after a break. Don't get me wrong; I'm enjoying this very much anyway, but I wonder if you may actually have two separate stories here, rather than one.

I do hope you get time to write more soon!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Kerth
Kerth
Cliffhangers, cliffhangers....!!!

AArgg... the K...

Jose hyper

P.S. This Pete Ross is interesting wink

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Features Writer
Features Writer
Shayne
glad to see another part
keep them coming
I hate cliffhangers- you know that
merry

Top Banana
Top Banana
Shayne,

Your writing is so interesting, absorbing and unexpected. I love not knowing what comes next.

And whatever you decide to do from here, whichever way you take this, I'm in.

CC-

but hurry!

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Shayne,

Where is my monthly dose of "Single White Kryptonian"
cat

MAF frown

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
ShayneT Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Thanks Jocelyn, Maria, Tricia, Pam, Wendy, Jose, and CC.

Maria- the money given to Wayne Irig was supposedly for an accidental chemical spill to his property. In reality it was for other things.

Wayne found Kryptonite on his own property, just as he did in mainstream Lois and Clark.

It was Wayne who left town, not Clark or Pete.

As for questions about secrets...we'll just have to see.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

I know. Its good to know it wasn't for talking too much.
MAF

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
MAF

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard