OP Offline
Features Writer
A
Comments?

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Nice part. BTW I'm on Maddie's side, Clark is being a doormat. The 4:00 AM 3:00 AM rule was lame to begin with and now he's letting himself be kicked out of his room.

I hope this somehow reaches Lois's ear, I can just see her ripping a hole in Steve.

And we can already see where the relationship with Maddie is going,
“Wait,” Maddie said, her eyes alight and I had a feeling she knew of Steve’s mother. “Your mom is Yvonne Michaelson?”
Knowing that will cause her to view Steve in a different light and likely that will last long enough for Steve to take advantage of her new mindset to get laid and for Clark to walk in on them in the middle.

=====
Wrote the above bit before I saw your replies to earlier FDK and this quote.
Originally posted by anonpip:
Elisabeth - I'm not sure how willing Clark would be to take crap from Steve if he didn't live with him. But to some degree, if you don't want to have a really uncomfortable year, you need to give your roommate more leeway than you might give others. I think that's all that's going on here.
Well drat and Drat cubed. I was hopeful it was some underhanded backdoor way to
  • Get Lois to defend Clark
  • make Clark less trusting
  • Draw Lois & Clark closer

I did wonder a little – how much more would they have appreciated it if I had actually used my powers to help put out the fires
In the series we see Clark doing things really fast. Including reading. I'd encourage you to use that so Clark can speed thru some extra reading and learn more about how to help.

BTW if you really want to have fun assume that when Clark superspeeds his aura is being used to alter the rate at which time flows within it's field. Clark could learn the trick of sleeping while at at superspeed and thus catch up on his sleep.

Framework4
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
Your characters are so interesting, and your writing is great. I can remember, through Clark's perspective, what it's like to meet all these new people in college and have to continually adjust what you think about them as you get to know them better. In not letting Clark be smitten with Lois upon first sight, you've given the other people in the story a chance to have lives instead of merely being supporting characters.

But that doesn't keep me from hoping this Clark/Maddie thing is over soon! I know, I said 2ish parts ago that I was okay with it. Now that I've seen a little more, I think I'm changing my mind! It has provided some enlightening (for Clark) moments with Lois, though.

More soon please!
Amber

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Lois flushed again, slightly, but stood her ground. No surprise there. It seemed entirely possible that if a tornado dropped down on the Met U campus while Lois was in the middle of an argument, she would stand still and the tornado would move out of her path.
goofy But you have to applaud his logic. Clark's sleeping but it's not past Steve's 'happy time', so Clark has to leave when Steve wants to be 'happy'. It probably would work out better if everyone on campus would be in a relationship so the rooms would just get redistributed as needed goofy I mean, really, can you believe this stuff?

Okay, enough ranting. Great stuff and I so want to see part 10 hyper

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
R
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
R
Great part. I am enjoying this story very much. Looking forward to next part

robinson
A
anonpip Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
A
Sorry. I know am a day behind in posting.

Patrick - It's interesting. I did consider something like the thing you were suggesting with Clark catching Maddie and Steve in the act. It happened to a friend of mine in college (on her bed, no less), but I didn't consider it with Maddie. I can see Steve doing this, but not Maddie. So, thought I might do it post-Maddie, but it's looking pretty unlikely now.

As for Clark's speed reading - I think I have different views of Clark (and Lois) than you do. This Lois would not currently support Clark. She's not really Mad Dog Lane yet, just an argumentative Lois.

And Clark, while he wants to help, isn't ready to make the type of serious commitment needed to become Superman. He's battling so much other teenaged angst stuff right now, that the Boy in Black is just a tiny part of who he is. I think he needs to figure out how to get that part of his life to "fit" before he's ready to expand it. But typical of teenage angst, that doesn't change the fact that he's unhappy with how it's currently going.

Thanks, amberlea! As a warning, Maddie isn't disappearing too soon.

Michael - Interesting theory. But how many kids would be forced to live at home if the university did co-ed rooms with couples sharing?

Thanks, Robinson!

Next part coming soon...

G
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
G
SO, maybe Maddie is seeing Steve in a different light now, knowing who his mother is...

I rolled my eyes, and turned towards her, all saccharine sweet. “Hello, Lois.”

To my surprise, Lois giggled. “Hello, Clark.”
laugh
LOL. Lois finds this funny, because it is the way that she would have replied if their places were reversed.
Got to go read next part....

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard