Title: Summer Storms
Rating: PG
Authors: Lisa & Shannon
Date: May 2009

Authors Notes:
Lisa's: I have to thank our BR Kristen, for editing this fic for us. With out her it would still be filled with my run on sentences and misspellings! But, to get this one fic posted has been a three year event. Shannon and I have been getting into the 'let’s write and not stop!' so, why make about a 100 other fanfics, this one was ignored for a while. Until Shannon got inspired to shake off the dust off it and get it posted. So, Thanks Shannon for giving us the kick in the pants to get this up and running again! I hope you all enjoy it! Of course any and all feedback are welcome!

Shannon: Well first, I would like to thank our BR, Kristen, for taking the time and helping us revise this fic. She made some great points and it has helped Lisa and myself in other fics of ours as well. So, I would like to thank my sidekick Lisa. We have been writing these stories together for quite sometime now and it is just a blast. She has awesome, yet outrageous ideas, and I just completely enjoy writing these with her. I would also like to thank the readers and all of the Lois and Clark fans that give us the opportunity to share it with all of you. smile

Summer Storms

Clark hung up his cell phone as he waited for his twin daughters Lisa and Shannon to come out of school. “Well, we’re going to Florida,” Clark said to Lois just as the bell sounded and a wave of teenagers came out of Metropolis High School. Lois and Clark had been working on an article about Metropolis drug lord Allen Mario. He was believed to be shipping drugs to Florida’s docks and the coast guards were supposedly in on the deal.

Lois smiled, "Great! I know we can take down Allen Mario."

Clark laughed. Mad Dog Lane smelled the meat in the air and was tugging at the chain. “Yeah, but what about the girls? We can’t take them to Florida,” Clark said as the back doors opened and Shannon and Lisa’s bickering filled the car.

“No! No! I told you that Emma was going out with Kevin!” Lisa said.

“Yeah, but she was cheating with Carl and Adam killed Carl for revenge of his brother. God, Lisa, haven’t you been watching!” Shannon asked, then looked at Clark and said, “Wait, we’re going to Florida?”

Lisa’s eyes got wide, “REALLY!?!”

Clark shook his head as he pulled out of the parking space, “No, your mother and I are going for work.”

“Stake out!” Shannon and Lisa squealed in laughter. “Can we come? Please?” they begged.

Clark shook his head. He hated when they did that. “No, we’re doing a story about Allen Mario and it’s too dangerous.”

“What’s so dangerous about sitting in a hotel room?” Lisa asked.

Lois nodded, “See, it would be boring for you two.”

“But Mom, we haven’t been on a vacation since like forever!” Shannon argued in protest.

Clark sighed, “This isn’t a vacation. This is for work. You two will be staying with Jimmy.”

“Jimmy!?!” Shannon and Lisa screeched in horror.

“Dad, you might as well leave us in the dumpsters on the corner. His apartment is sooo gross; it probably has cockroaches and rats... like ewwww!” Lisa said in disgust.

“Nothing a woman’s touch can’t fix,” Clark laughed as Lois hit him playfully in the arm.

“Yeah if you think we’re going to clean his apartment, you’ve got rocks in your head!” the twins said together.

Clark looked at Lois. “What do you say, Lois?”

Lois smiled, “Oh why not, Clark, it’s not going to be that dangerous and if we do get in trouble, Superman is always there to save us.”

Clark sighed, “Fine, you two can come.”

“YAY! THANK YOU!” they squealed in pure delight.
Lois, Clark, and the girls arrived back at the brownstone shortly after. Lisa and Shannon jumped out of the Jeep, obviously still excited.

"This is so great, Shannon!" Lisa exclaimed, running upstairs.

Shannon followed. "I know. It has been so long since we got to go on a vacation! We better go pack!"

Lois giggled and said, "Girls, relax."

"Yeah, you girls don't need to be worried about getting packed now. You need to get your room cleaned up; then you can pack."

"Boy, you really know how to ruin the mood." Shannon said

"Yeah, I know. You try to have one joyful moment and your parents take that away from you." Lisa nodded in agreement.

"Go get started on your room, girls." Lois ordered.

Lisa and Shannon went up to their room to get started on the cleaning. While the girls were upstairs, Lois and Clark got dinner started. "Oh Clark, this is going to be so much fun," Lois said as she kissed Clark on the lips.

"I know. I guess it would be nice for the girls to get to go to the beach, especially since they just got out of school today," Clark added.

"Yeah and they're really excited. I think that they'll really enjoy it."

Clark nodded his head, "Yeah, they will."
Lisa and Shannon rushed around their room to get things cleaned up. "Shannon, catch!" Lisa yelled before she threw two pairs of rolled up socks at Shannon so she could put them in the hamper.
"Score! Here, Lisa. Some more magazines you can put on the shelf."

"Oh thanks," Lisa said sarcastically.

"Okay, you do the dusting and I'll sweep. Then all we have to do is make our beds."

"Good idea," Lisa said before she darted downstairs to get a rag and some cleaner. Shannon and Lisa finished the dusting and sweeping and made their beds. "Looks like we're all done here, Shannon! Time to pack!" Shannon ran to their closet, pulled out their suitcases and the girls started throwing clothes in.
The brownstone had settled; all was quiet after hours of Shannon and Lisa going off the walls about going to Florida and what they were going to do there. Clark leaned against the bedroom door to see Lois in their bathroom on her tippie toes trying to reach something. Clark watched with an amused look on his face to see the concentration on Lois’ face… it was determination to reach whatever she was trying to reach. Suddenly, he watched Lois’ ankles wobble and she gave out a yelp as she started to fall. Lois braced herself for the hard tile but instead she felt hands wrap around her waist and a burst of laughter come from behind her.

Lois looked over her shoulder and saw that Clark was laughing so hard that he had tears in his eyes. “My hero,” she remarked.

Clark smiled and kissed Lois while grabbing her Ralph Lauren Perfume off the shelf. The girls had given it to her for Christmas… when times were darker…when the world seemed to start to crash on top of Clark and no one heard his cries for help. He closed his eyes erasing the memory and turned toward Lois with a smile. “I’m here to serve.”

Lois smiled as she took the perfume from Clark and put it a plastic bag and into her make up bag.

Clark sat on the toilet and started to pack his stuff. “Perry called saying that he got us two rooms at the Plaza Hotel.”

Lois looked at him. “The Plaza Hotel? Wow! Perry is really spoiling us.”

Clark smiled, “Yeah, he kind of figured that the girls would be bugging us the whole time so he got two rooms that are connected. That way we can work in peace.”

A devilish smile crossed Lois’ lips. “And play in peace, too?”

Clark laughed as they went into the bedroom and started to fold their clothes. “What am I going to do with you, Lois Kent?”

Lois smiled, “Love me forever and ever?”

“Hmmm… I think I can do that,” Clark said as he kissed her.

“So where are the girls?” Lois asked as they placed their suitcases on the floor and climbed in bed.

“They passed out watching the OC,” Clark laughed.

“It’s about time!” Lois laughed and turned off the lights. Snuggling up to Clark, she thought that it seemed like almost yesterday that their love had been tested in the ultimate test. Clark sighed as his super hearing picked up on giggles and whispers.
“Girls, go to sleep! We’re getting up early!” Soon the house was silent again.
The limo pulled up to the Plaza Hotel. Lisa and Shannon looked up in awe at the tall building, then looked toward their parents who were fast asleep. “Mom, Dad! Wake up! We’re here!” They wasted no time getting out of the car and into the lobby.

Clark jumped at the slamming of the car door and sighed. The three-hour plane ride was brutal. Between the kid kicking Clark’s chair and the baby crying in front of Lois, they didn’t get any sleep. “Next time we go Superman Express,” Lois said as they got out of the car and gathered their bags.

The lobby was pretty modern; it had marble flooring with ‘Plaza Hotel’ written in gold. There was a skylight on the ceiling along with painted angels laying on clouds. Shannon and Lisa walked up to Lois and Clark. “Isn't it great?”

“Yeah, it’s nice,” Lois said as they walked up to the front desk

A blonde-haired woman with wearing a white shirt with a black jacket over it smiled at Clark. “Welcome to the Plaza Hotel, checking in?”

Clark smiled. “Yes, the name is White… Clark White.” Whenever Lois and Clark did stake outs they would use a fake name to make sure that no one would leak it to anyone that they were there.

The woman laughed, “Oh cute like Bond… James Bond. Just give me a moment, Mr. White, while I put in your information.”

The girls laughed and whispered, “Does blonde… dumb blonde ring a bell?”

Lois bit her lip trying not to laugh. “Here are your keys and you will be staying in the royal sweet.” With that the woman gave Clark the keys and they walked to the elevators as Lois and the twins busted out laughing.
The twins, Lois, and Clark walked off the elevator excited. They headed down the hall, making a right, until they reached the rooms numbered 875 and 876. "Which room is ours?" Lisa asked inpatient.

"Here are your keys to room 875. Don't lose these," Clark said as he handed them over.

Shannon and Lisa immediately snatched the keys and ran to their door. "Come on Lisa, open it already. I want to see what it looks like."

"I'm trying!" Lisa yelled, as the door opened. "Wow!"

Shannon walked in. "Whoa! This is awesome...."

"And it's all to ourselves!" Lisa interrupted, as she jumped up and down on her bed. Shannon followed Lisa and added a little zest when she knocked Lisa down with a pillow.
"Clark, look at the view, it's beautiful!" Lois smiled as she put her arms around Clark.

Clark nodded in agreement, "Yeah, this room has quite a view." He kissed Lois lightly on the forehead.

"We should get unpacked and get prepared for our stakeout," Lois suggested.

"Yeah, I suppose we should. I'm going to go check on the girls and see how they're doing." Clark walked over to the door that separated the two joining rooms. He knew that they had been up to something from the time they entered their rooms for two reasons. One being he heard laughing with a few famous last words between every couple giggles. And, as he opened the door, the room was already a mess with feathers. "Oh no!" Clark ran into the room.

"Sweetheart, what's wrong?" Lois quickly followed Clark into the girl's room. When she entered, she couldn't believe it. "Girls!?! What have you been doing? You were supposed to be unpacking, not killing each other. Clean this place up!" Lois walked out.

"Immediately....” Clark added as he walked back into his room.

"Woops. Looks like we went too far this time, Shannon."

"I guess so, Lisa. Let's get this place cleaned up so we can go to the beach," Shannon said as she got up and started to scoop up feathers as where Lisa followed.
About twenty minutes had passed since the recent disaster in the girls’ room. Lois and Clark decided to go see if they had gotten anything done. They were surprised to see that the room was spotless and their suitcases were empty. Shannon was putting the last bit of clothing in a drawer.

"This is much better," Clark said.

"I'd say so," Lois said. "Where's Lisa?"

Shannon responded, "Changing. We wanted to go to the beach."

"Hey, Shannon, you can go change now," Lisa said as she came out of the bathroom.
The warehouse was dark and a little cold, giving some relief from the afternoon heat. “So, this is where Allen is?” an average height man with a bright blue t-shirt said.

“Yeah, my source never lies. Room 875, here’s the key,” a bald overweight man said as he gave the man the key.

The other man looked at the key, “I don’t need it, but thanks. How did you get the copy anyway?”

“What does it matter? I got it to you so now pay up, boy,” the bald man said. Soon a duffle bag was kicked across the floor. He opened it to see a couple hundred dollars. “Nice doing business with you.”

The young man nodded as he put the key in his pocket and walked out of the warehouse and into the blistering Florida sun.
Lois was setting up the telescope and video camera when she heard Clark run out of the bathroom and zip around the room putting everything away. Lois could only see a gray blur race around the room. “Clark Kent, what are you doing! Do you know how long it took me to figure-- Hey!” Lois squealed as Clark lifted her over his shoulder and placed her on the bed, only to start kissing her. In seconds, Lois heard the door open and someone gasp, “Oh, I’m so sorry! I’ll just leave the rest of your bags here!” With that, the door quickly closed.

Clark parted with Lois and said, “Sorry.”

Lois smiled, “We don’t have much luck with maids do we?”

Clark smiled, “Guess not.” He was about to get off the bed when Lois pulled him into another kiss.

“What about the stake out?” Clark asked, trying to keep them from not wasting the whole day.

Lois traced her finger down his arm. “Well *you’re* Superman. Use your super speed to set everything up again.”

“Your wish is my command.” Clark laughed as Lois watched him zip around the room and set everything back up. Soon they were enlaced in a passionate kiss.
Lisa was lying in the sun when she saw a shadow standing over her. “If you’re not a cloud, move out of my sun please.”

There was a laugh. “Well, you’re a witty one.”

Lisa took off her sunglasses to see two well-built boys standing by her and Shannon holding a volleyball. Shannon then noticed who Lisa was talking to and smiled, "Please excuse my sister, she gets a little catty.”
The boy with brown hair and bright green eyes smiled, “No worries. I’m Anthony.”

Lisa extended her hand, “Lisa K… Smith.”

“I’m Conner,” replied the blond-haired, blue-eyed boy standing next to him.

Shannon smiled, “Shannon Smith.”

Anthony smiled too. “Well, we need two more people on our team. Want to play?”

Shannon and Lisa looked at each other and then at Anthony and Conner. “Sure!” With that, they abandoned their towels and followed the boys.
Shannon and Lisa walked down the hallway of the hotel all smiles. “I can’t believe it, and they were so hot!” Shannon laughed

Lisa smiled, “I know and they want to see us tomorrow!”

“Yeah, but we can’t tell Mom and Dad about this. They may freak,” Shannon said.

Lisa nodded, “Yeah.” She opened the door to their room. As they walked in and put their towels on a chair, the side door to Lois and Clark’s room opened. “How was the beach?” Lois asked

Lisa and Shannon smiled, “Good.”

“Good. You guys may want to order room service because your father and I are still working,” Lois said

They nodded and Lois closed the door, “Shannon, want to call room service while I get changed?”

Shannon nodded, “Sure.”
He scaled the balconies pretty easily to his surprise; when he got to room 875 he could hear someone talking. The man peaked through a small crack between the drapes. He saw a woman sitting in a chair going through some type of book, “What do you want, Lisa?”

The man couldn’t hear what the other person was saying; he should call for back up…. Then again he never did. The man slowly opened the glass doors and hid in a dark corner. From there he could see that the woman was no older then seventeen, which meant they might have bodyguards. “Ever have duck?” he heard another girl yell out from the bathroom.

Shannon shook her head, “No, I can’t eat Daffy Duck.”

“Oh you baby.”

"OH they have shrimp!” Shannon yelled in excitement

"Get it!” Lisa said. Shrimp was one of their favorite foods, but it was rare to come by at the Kent house since Lois wasn’t a fan of it. Shannon picked up the phone and was about to call the front desk when she heard something drop. She immediately looked up and saw him…. he had to act now. He jumped out of the shadows, to reveal his dark locks and bright brown eyes, his hand on his gun belt. “Now listen to me carefully little girl. Who’s in the bathroom? Your sister?” Shannon only nodded.

“Is she armed?” the man asked

Shannon shook her head. “But now I am!” yelled another voice. Before the man could react, a hard suitcase sideswiped him, making him fall to the floor, dazed.

“Good shot!” Shannon yelled as she grabbed a pillow and hit the man over the head.

The intruder got up, “Wait!” But Lisa swung the suitcase around as Shannon did the same with the pillow, hitting the man on his right and left side of the head.
<SLAP! > “Shannon!” Lois heard the yelling and screaming of the girls.

“What in gods name are they doing in there?” Clark asked as they both got up and opened the side door to see feathers flying everywhere. Lois found Shannon slumped over by the door. Clark then saw a man’s body between the feathers, standing over Lisa and pointing a gun at her.

“Hey!” Clark shouted as he ran toward the man and tackled him to the floor. Clark raised his fist at the man, who yelled in horror, “CLARK! WAIT!”

It was too late; Clark’s fist connected with the intruder’s nose. The feathers settled and Clark’s eyes widened, “Dan?!”

“Scardino?” Lois questioned rather then stated as she tended to Shannon who got to her feet unharmed. Lois walked toward Clark and Dan who were still on the floor. Dan smiled, “Hey Lois. How have you been?”

Clark’s grip got tighter around Dan’s neck as they stood up, “Why are you here?”

“Well,” Dan gasped, “If you loosen the grip I’ll tell you.”

Clark let go of Dan and pushed him slightly. “I’m working on the drug smuggling case at the docks,” Dan said as he touched his nose to make sure it was still straight.

“You? Oh, the world is safe now,” Clark said as he walked over to Shannon and Lisa.

Dan looked at Lois and said, “God, Lois, you haven’t changed a bit. You’re still a bombshell!”

Lois crossed her arms, “You didn’t answer the question, why are you here?”

Dan nodded, “Oh, you mean in this room? That’s simple. These two are linked to Allen Mario.”

All four of them started to laugh. “Dan, you may as well go back to DEA School because these are our daughters,” Clark said.

Dan smiled as he looked at Lois, “So, you mean if I stayed in Metropolis you’d marry me?” Of course Dan was being his typical smart self.
Clark grabbed Dan by the collar of the shirt, “That’s it!”

“Clark, what are you doing?” Lois asked a little worried and amused at the same time.

“Taking out the trash,” Clark grumbled.

“Wait! Loosen up old man! I got some information that you can use!” Dan exclaimed.

Clark put him down. “Like what?”
“So, you see I’m basically working with the coast guards and make sure that Allen’s drugs pass through,” Dan said as he ate some more sushi. "How’s your head?” Dan asked Shannon.

“Ok I guess, no thanks to you,” Shannon grumbled.

“Like having a suitcase bashed against your head is any trip?” Dan asked

Lois looked up, “Hmm, I should remember that trick.”

“Haha, that’s so funny my side is splitting, Lane.”

“Kent,” Lois corrected with a smile as Clark held her hand.

“Oh gag me. I still can’t believe that you married a man…. like Mister Rogers over here. You could have had me.” Dan joked, while taking a stab at Clark at the same time.

Lois rolled her eyes, Dan obviously had not changed; he was still his witty and charming self. “You missed out when you left Metropolis.”

Dan looked down at his food, he did miss out on a beautiful woman that took his breath away… it took all Dan’s will not to think of Lois when he went from state to state… country to country... Dan looked up toward Clark, “So now I guess I can call you Dad without getting you mad, Kent.”

Clark shook his head, “You never grew up, Scardino, did you?”

Lisa and Shannon laughed at the petty fighting that was going back and forth. “WOW! I feel a little animosity between you guys,” Lisa laughed.

Dan smiled, “Well, I’ll make a long story short and say that I was inches away from stealing your mother from your father when they were going out.” Clark gave Dan a narrow look, his patience was running thin and Lois could sense it, “Girls, why don’t you go to bed.”

“Oh, it was just getting good, too,” Lisa and Shannon smiled. Clark gave them a stern look… a look that reminded them of the darker times of the family… when it seemed that they would be split between two people they loved. “Come on, Shannon,” Lisa mumbled, not daring to look Clark in the eye as they left the room.

Shannon ran into their room behind Lisa, shutting the door that connected the two rooms. "Any good movies on?"

"I don't know, let's check," Shannon answered as she jumped on her bed, grabbed the remote, and started flipping through the channels. "If we could have stayed in the room with Mom and Dad, we really would have had some entertainment. We could’ve called it 'Lois and Clark: The Adventures of the Unhinged Family," Shannon suggested with a giggle.

"Yeah, I know. We always get kicked out right when it's getting juicy." Lisa switched the T.V. off and commented, "There's not even anything on T.V. At least nothing that's worth watching. This sucks."

"I know. We're supposed to be on a vacation. We could sit in bed and watch T.V. at home!"

"Too bad we didn't make plans to hang out with Conner and Anthony tonight."

"Who said we can't?" Shannon said with a smirk on her face.

Lisa knew that smirk all too well, "Shannon, please don't tell me you thought of a plan. Every time you do we either get caught or in trouble. To make a long story short, your plans stink!"

"Lisa, Lisa, Lisa...relax. I know my plans don't always work 100% of the time, but give me some credit. I think this may be one that might actually work."

"Fine...."

There was silence in the room.

"Well?" Lisa said impatiently.

"Well what?" Shannon asked, bemused.

"What's your *great* plan?"

"Oh....” Shannon giggled. "Sorry, forgot. We know what room they're in because they told us…and their parents are in another room."

"So...."

"Well, we could call them and ask if they want to meet in the lobby and then we can go swimming or for a walk on the beach.”

"How are we supposed to do that?" Lisa asked.

"Lisa, do I have to tell you everything? We'd call them of course. That's how we'll do it!”

"No kidding! But NEWS FLASH...Mom and Dad are here. They aren't going to let us leave the room this late at night by ourselves."

"I know, I know. Look, we'll just sneak out later tonight while they are asleep. Let's give the hotties a call."
"Well, Dan, thanks for the information. It should really help us with this case," Lois commented.

"Maybe we can do more catching up, Lois. Ya know, we can go out to a candle light dinner, then maybe a walk on the beach. What do you say?"

Clark was getting anxious to hit Scardino, but before he could, Lois interrupted, "I'd say...'A' for effort, 'F' for fat chance."

Clark quickly smiled and headed to the door, "Well, Scardino it's been great seeing you.
Goodbye...."

Dan started to walk out and said, "Aww *Dad*, don't I get a kiss good night?"

"Don't let the door hit you on your way out!" Clark growled, slamming the door closed.

"Wow, Clark. All these years of marriage and you never told me about the grudge you had on Scardino."

"Sorry, but I just can't stand the guy. First he attacks the girls, then starts with me, not to mention he hit on you...."
Lois inched closer to him. “Oh, you know how he is.” She smiled as she brushed her hand through his hair. “You’re not jealous, are you?” Lois asked with a smirk and a twinkle in her eye.

“Of course not….I just….” He was interrupted as Lois’ lips covered his.

"Mom, Dad?" the girls called.

"We're in here," Lois called out. "What do you need?"

"Um...Lisa and I just wanted to say goodnight," Shannon said. "So goodnight!"

"Goodnight," Lois and Clark answered in unison.

Shannon closed the door to see Lisa was already talking to Anthony,
“Yeah, we’ll be there like in an hour, we just have to get dressed. Ok? Bye Anthony.” Lisa hung up the phone and looked toward Shannon with a smile, “We’re all set. They’re going to meet us in the lobby at ten.”

Shannon nodded, “Ok, I’m going to get ready.”

“Don’t take for ever!” Lisa laughed
Anthony and Conner were leaning against the front desk. Anthony smoothed out his shirt and looked at his watch. Suddenly, the elevator doors opened and for a moment it looked empty, then out walked Shannon and Lisa like two angels that would come to someone in their dreams. Lisa was wearing a pink tank top and black pants, her hair lightly curled. Shannon, on the other hand, was wearing a blue dress, with sandals. After hours of fussing with her hair she decided to just put into a ponytail.

“Wow,” escaped Conner’s lips as Shannon approached.

Lisa and Shannon smiled, “Like?”

“We love,” Anthony and Conner said in unison.
The beach was empty; the full moon shined brightly down on the shore. A cool breeze guided the waves to the shoreline as Dan sat on the sand just listening to the waves tell him their stories. ‘I’m a fool,’ Dan thought as he looked at the large moon. ‘I was a fool to leave her,’ he yelled at himself as he gathered a fist full of sand and let it slid through his fingers. Lois would have given the happiness that she was now giving to Clark and he was a fool to let it all go. But, there was something about Clark that was different, Dan could see that much. Clark wasn’t the usual boy scout he used to be. There was an anger and sadness that Dan sensed and he wasn’t sure why it surfaced. Suddenly, Dan’s thoughts came back to reality as he heard a screech of laughter and saw two couples running down the beach. Dan was going to leave and let them be alone when he realized that it was Shannon and Lisa. A smile tugged at his lips, ‘I wonder if Clark and Lois know they’re here?’

“ We’re going to get you!” Anthony yelled as he gained on Lisa

“No you’re not! Hey!” Lisa squealed in laughter as Anthony scooped her up into his arms and spun her around.

Conner and Shannon were farther ahead in their own game of cat and mouse. It seemed that Conner underestimated how fast Shannon was, but he then caught up to her picked her up into his arms. “Caught ya!” Conner laughed.

“I guess you did,” Shannon laughed as she looked into his eyes and watched how the moon’s light traced a shadow along his jaw line.

“So I won, what’s my prize?” Conner chuckled. Shannon smiled as Conner put her back on the ground. She looked into his eyes and lost any thought other then him. Soon their lips met and they were engaged in a passionate kiss.
Lisa held Anthony’s hand. As she looked further down the shoreline she saw only an outline of Shannon and Conner kissing. Anthony and Lisa sat on the sand and let the waves hit their feet. A cool breeze wrapped around them and Lisa snuggled closer to him. He smiled and put his coat over her shoulder and fixed her hair. Lisa smiled, “Thanks.” She then looked out into the ocean and stated, “It’s beautiful.”

“You sure are,” Anthony whispered. Lisa turned her head to correct him when she saw he was looking at her. She was going to say something but Anthony placed his hand on her cheek and guided her lips to his. Lisa was lost; all she could think about was the aroma of his cologne that encircled her. She was on the moon and Anthony was right there with her.
“Thank you for the wonderful night,” Shannon said.

“We were hoping we could do it again, like tomorrow night?” Conner asked. Shannon and Lisa nodded.

Lisa looked toward Anthony and was going to give him his jacket back. “Keep it. It’s a long walk to the hotel. Are you sure you girls don’t want us to walk back with you?”

Lisa smiled, "We’re grown girls. We can beat up who ever messes with us.”

Anthony smiled, “Ok, good night.” He then leaned down and kissed Lisa on the cheek.

“See you tomorrow,” Conner said as he gave Shannon a kiss on the cheek. They then watched the girls walk down the beach.
“Oh my god, Shannon! They’re the greatest!” Lisa said as they started to walk back to the hotel.

“Yeah, they are and they’re great….”

“Kissers!” They both giggled.

“Do your parents know that you’re here?” said a deep voice behind them, making Shannon and Lisa scream. They both put their hands over each other’s mouths knowing that Clark might have heard them.

The twins turned around to see Dan standing behind them with a sly smile on his face, “Well?”

“What’s it to you?” Lisa asked.

Dan nodded, they definitely had Lois’ attitude. “Let me put it this way, I know that your father would not want you running around the beach with a couple of boys that you probably met in the lobby two hours ago.”

Shannon gave him a narrow look, “No wonder Dad doesn’t like you. For your information, we meant them right here on the beach this afternoon.”

"Yeah, but when I tell them that you were tongue wrestling with those boys your dad will be like a pit bull. He’ll eat those kids alive and pick his teeth with their bones,” Dan laughed.

“What were you doing on the beach?” Lisa asked

“Hey, I’m thirty. I can do what I want, but you two are only what? Fifteen?”

“Seventeen,” they said in unison.

Lisa then said, “Dan you can’t tell them. Please? You don’t know how hard it is to have them not get into our business.”

Dan knew it was against his better judgment not to tell Lois and Clark, but the way Clark was acting earlier tonight, it seemed the girls needed a break. “Ok, I won’t tell them.”

“Thank you!” they both exclaimed.

“Just let me walk you back to the hotel. It’s dangerous to be out here alone.”

Lisa smiled, “Hey we got you good, and Dad taught us some nasty kung fu moves so we’re ready.”

Dan nodded, “Speaking of your dad, what was up with him tonight?”

Shannon and Lisa looked at each other. Was it really their place to tell the story to a person Clark obviously didn’t like? “Nothing,” they both said. But Dan heard the shake in their voice and knew it was something but decided not to press it.
<Click> <click> <click> Lois curled into a ball and threw the covers over her head. <Click> <click> What was that noise? She moved toward Clark’s side of the bed but found it warm but empty. She looked at the clock flash two in the morning. <Click> <click> <click> Ok, now she was getting annoyed. She pushed the covers aside and blinked until the dark room came into focus. She looked around and saw Clark at the window taking pictures; it was then she heard two voices talking. “Allen, don’t worry. The shipment will come next week.”

“It better,or I’ll have your head, got it?”

“Yes sir.”

With that everything went silent. Clark turned and jumped back, Lois smiled, “Did I scare you?”

“No, but with Scardino lurking about, you don’t know who will be popping into the hotel,” Clark said.

Lois looked around and put on her bathrobe. “Did I wake you?” Clark asked as he sat on the bed and changed the tape in the tape recorder.

Lois yawned and settled next to him putting her head on his leg, “No, but you should have.”

Clark placed his hand on her hair, “I didn’t have the heart to, and you were curled up in the blankets and looked like an angel.”

Lois smiled, “So what did they say?”

Clark lay on the bed and said as Lois curled up next to him, “Nothing really, other than there is another shipment due next Friday.”

“Oh, so does that mean another week of vacation?” Lois whispered as she yawned and closed her eyes.

“You could say that…” Clark looked down and saw Lois fast asleep; soon he was too.
The sun reached past the balcony and into Lois and Clark's room. Clark opened his eyes and admired Lois. She slowly cracked her eyes open. He greeted her with a morning kiss, "Good Morning."

Lois smiled and yawned, "Morning. What time is it?"

"It's almost 8:00. Would you like to gather up the girls so we can go down to the lobby and enjoy a nice breakfast? We need the energy to keep up with this Allen.”

"That sounds good. I'll hop in the shower. Do you think you could get the girls up instead?"

"I could try."

Lois got up to get her shower. Clark went into the girls’ room where he found them with covers over their heads, obviously trying to block the sun from hitting their faces. "Girls?" Clark called. "Hey you two," he said, shaking one of them. "Come on, get up."

"Why?" Lisa asked, sounding annoyed.

"It's 8:00. Your mom and I are going to go down to the lobby and get some breakfast. If you two want to eat, you're going to have to get up now and get ready."

Shannon complained, "Why now? I'm so tired."

"You two went to bed early last night, I don't know how you could be tired.”

Realizing what she said, Shannon answered, "Well um...those waves really take it out of you."

Clark replied with a slight giggle, "Nothing a shower can't fix," and proceeded to flip Shannon off the bed.

"Dad!" Shannon exclaimed.

"What?" Clark asked innocently as he did the same to Lisa.

"What the...!" Lisa shouted. "Ouch!"

"Good, you're up. You two can get your showers. We'll give you two thirty minutes to be ready to go."

"Fine," Shannon and Lisa said in unison.
The Kent family eventually departed from the elevator where they headed to the hotel restaurant. They were greeted by a young woman who showed them to their seats.

"Your waiter will be right with you to take your order," she replied as she walked away.

"You two know what you want?" Clark asked the girls.

"The buffet looks good to me," Lisa replied as she sat her menu down. Shannon shook her head in agreement.

Their waiter soon arrived. "Good morning. How are all of you this fine morning?"

Lois answered for everyone, "We're fine, thanks."

"That’s great," she smiled. "Can I get you anything to drink? And if you're ready to order, I can go ahead and take that.”

They ordered and headed over to the buffet. Just as they started to enjoy the meal, Clark looked up.

"Everything okay?" Lois asked.

"Take a quick peak behind you," Clark suggested to Lois as he tried to hide his face so Allen wouldn't see him.

"Oh my god! Clark, that’s....” Lois gasped. "What's Allen doing here in this hotel?"

"Good question," Clark commented.

Shannon, who was curious, along with Lisa asked, "Who is Allen? Is that the dude you're staking out?"

"Shhh....” Clark and Lois whistled in unison. "Yes. You two need to be sure to stay away from him. Got it?" Clark warned.

"Yes," Shannon and Lisa mocked.

They rushed to get done and out of there. As they approached the register to pay, they ran into the infamous other. "Dan!?! What are you doing back here?" Lois exclaimed.

"Sources told me I could find Allen here. Did you two see him?"

"What's it to you?" Clark asked, annoyed that they ran into Scardino again.

"Kent, I'm with the D.E.A. What do you think I'm doing here?" Scardino replied. "I can help you and Lois out....” he ended as he winked at Lois.

"Well thanks, but I think we can handle it without your help," Clark defended, as everyone walked into the elevator.

"Clark, maybe he can help us. Just for an hour or so....” suggested Lois.

"Fine," Clark shrugged. They entered the rooms with Scardino following right behind Lois. Clark was annoyed. <Scardino was trying to just stay close to Lois> he thought. The girls went into their room to get changed for the beach while Lois and Clark set up the surveillance.

"We're going to the beach," Shannon explained. "We'll be back in a few hours."

"Okay girls. Be careful," Lois warned.

Clark added, "Have fun." Just as the girls left, Dan Scardino had to open his mouth. "Your two girls aren't going to meet those two boys like they did last night are they?"

Clark almost knocked over the camera, “What boys?”

‘Oh crap… they didn’t know… of course not… why would they tell muscle man over here that they were out gallivanting with two cute boys?’ “Oh, uh well, how well do you know your daughters?”

Dan could see the wheels turning in Lois’ head; she knew something was up. “What does that have to do with anything? We know our daughters very well.”

“Any family problems?” Dan asked

“What are you getting at, Scardino?” It was taking all of Clark’s will power not to toss Dan off the balcony.

Dan heard the tone in Clark’s voice and knew Clark wasn’t in a playful mood… but when was he ever in a playful mood? “Well, what if I said I found Lisa and Shannon on the beach last night with two guys?”

“You’re crazy,” Lois and Clark both said in unison.

“They're not like that,” Lois stated as she turned her attention on the docks.
“Hey, we’re meeting our uncle and aunt for lunch, want to come?” Anthony asked the girls.

“Dressed like this?” Lisa asked

“They won’t care. It’s a small stand by the docks,” Conner said. The docks…. Lisa and Shannon looked at each other; each had the same fear in their eyes… what could they do? They can’t tell them about the stake out or Lois and Clark were goners. Even if they did go, Lois and Clark would spot them, “Well…”

“Oh come on, you said your parents were in a meeting, they’ll never know,” Conner said as they started to walk toward the docks.

“Oh they’ll find out,” Shannon whispered to Lisa. They were sitting ducks. Soon they came to the docks where a couple of feet away was a small food stand. Lisa wondered how Allen could do his deals with a food stand right there. They all sat down at a picnic table. Shannon looked toward the hotel and wondered which room was theirs, and they were so dead when they went into their room later. Suddenly, Shannon saw a heavyset man in a pin stripped suit with light gray hair. He walked with an attitude that said if you didn’t get out of his way, he’d walk on top of you. Holding his hand was a thin woman with straight dark black hair wearing a green tank top and pin strip pants.

Anthony smiled, “Uncle Allen, Aunt Melissa over here!” The couple spotted Anthony and Conner and sat down.

Allen took off his sunglasses and smiled, “Who are these beautiful ladies?”

Conner smiled, “Uncle Allen, this is Shannon and Lisa Whit. Lisa and Shannon, this is our Uncle Allen and Aunt Melissa Mario.”

Lisa bit her lower lip, they where in trouble. “Nice to meet you, Sir.”

Allen waved off the politeness, “Just call me Allen.”

Lisa and Shannon nodded.

Melissa smiled, “So where do you girls come from?”

“Ohio,” Shannon said quickly…maybe a little to quickly.

Allen nodded, “What brings you to Florida?”

“Our parents are here for business,” Lisa said.

Allen’s eyebrow rose, one of his informants had told him that a couple of journalists had been sneaking around and a DA may be lurking about. “Really? What do they do?”

“Architects,” the girls said in unison.

Allen smiled, he had seen them somewhere but didn’t know where. “Well, I’m sorry to run like this, but I too have some work to attend to. But my wife and I are holding a small formal party at the Hilton Hotel, you girls should come.”

Lisa and Shannon looked at each other then at Allen, “Oh, we don’t know…”

“Ah, live a little, girls. Bring your parents if you like.” With that Allen and Melissa walked away.
“God what are we going to do!” Shannon asked as Lisa opened Lois and Clark’s room door. Lisa only stepped into the threshold when Shannon bumped into her.

“Why are you just…” Shannon looked over Lisa’s shoulder and saw Clark sitting in a chair, his hands pressed firmly on the arm rests. Lois was sitting on one of the beds while Dan was leaning against the wall.

“Hi,” Lisa and Shannon said with a little uneasiness to their voices.

“How was the beach?” Lois asked, her tone cool and collected.

“Fine, you know waves, sand. Didn’t miss anything big,” Lisa answered.

“Did you guys eat lunch?” Clark asked.

Shannon and Lisa looked at each other, maybe they didn’t know, “Uh, yeah, we got a bite to eat.”

“Good, because your grounded for the next month,” Clark said calmly.

“What?! Why? What did we do?” the twins shrieked.

Clark got up. “I thought I told you to stay away from Allen Mario?”

Shannon sighed, “Dad, we had no clue that Allen was going to be there.”

"Do you know who those two kids are that you were with?” Lois asked.

The twins shot Dan a dirty look. “I can’t believe you told them about Anthony and Conner!” Lisa yelled.

"Hey! Don’t blame him for your own mistakes! Do you know what kind of wrap sheet those kids have? Try robbery, possession of a weapon, and drugs!” Clark yelled.

"Dad! Come on! Me and Shannon even have a police record!” Lisa yelled back

"That was for protesting against a chemical plant in Smallville! That’s totally different from possession of a weapon!” Lois yelled.

Clark shook his head, “It doesn’t matter, and I forbid you girls to see them again.”

"What the hell, Dad! Why are you getting your pants in a bunch?! God! You should hear what you sound like! You’ve never been the same since Christmas!” Lisa hollered.

"OK! That’s enough!” Lois yelled still knowing Dan was in the room.

Lisa turned around to go in their room while Shannon shot back, "I can't believe you! Lisa's right, Dad. Since that whole thing happened you haven't been yourself!" Shannon ran into the room with Lisa.
"Maybe we should have approached them another way, Clark," Lois suggested as she got up to comfort him, noticing that what the girls said had got to him.

"We told them to stay away...they should have listened," Clark complained as he allowed Lois to play with his hand as she used her other to run it through his hair and down his right cheek.

"You know, I'm going to go. I'll come by a little bit later. Sorry if I caused any conflict...really," Dan said as he walked to the door and left. As he passed the girls’ room, he thought maybe he should go and try to apologize. But he realized that wouldn't be the greatest idea so he left.

"Clark, sweetie, we're just going to have to calm down a little. Then we need to have a chat with the girls. They had no right to say that to you," Lois began, who was now moving over to the bed to lay down, with Clark following.

Clark interrupted, "It's true though. I haven't been myself. I'm still not over losing the baby...and because of that, I've been a total jerk."

Lois tried to comfort Clark more, "Clark, don't do this...."

Clark got up, "Lois I know you're trying to make me feel better and it's sweet, but right now...I just need to be alone. I'm sorry." Clark changed into Superman; made sure that no one could see him and SWOOSH...he was in the air.
The girls laid on their beds thinking about what they did. They were confused. The boys seemed so innocent. They weren't the type to have that kind of record. What did they know, though? They've only known them for two days. And they regretted what they said to their dad. They knew that was a devastating time in their life and a delicate subject.

"I can't believe we said that," Lisa began as she turned to her other side to face Shannon, who was on the other bed. "I mean...I just got so mad and I didn't care what I was saying."

"Yeah I know,” Shannon replied. "When I told him that you were right about how he has been, he just...I dunno...you could see hurt and pain in his eyes."

"I know. We'll talk to them later tonight about what was said. For now let's just get ready."

"Ready for what?" Shannon asked, confused.

"The party. I'm going to hop in the shower. You should pick something to wear while I'm in there," Lisa suggested as she got up off the bed and headed towards the bathroom.

"Whoa, Whoa, Whoa! You heard what Mom and Dad said. We can't go anywhere."

"Well....” Lisa began as she defended her point. "We wouldn't have been allowed to meet the boys at the beach if they knew, so we snuck out. That's what we're doing now."

"Big difference! Now that they know we snuck out of the hotel room for a couple hours last night to hang out with boys, they're going to be watching us like hawks! Not to mention, their uncle is Allen Mario!"

"Shannon, I don't care! I'm going to the party! Are you coming or not?" Lisa stood there with her hands on her hips, growing impatient.

"I guess I have to. You can't go alone. But only for a little bit."
An hour had passed. Clark was still not back and Lois had passed out on the bed from worrying about the girls and Clark. Lisa poked her head out of their door and looked around cautiously. The coast was clear. "Come on Shannon!" They ran to the elevator.

"Maybe we should take the stairs. It may be quicker," Shannon suggested, worried that she was going to get caught and didn't want to have another fight with her parents

"Come on!" Lisa ordered when the doors opened. They stepped off the elevator and headed towards the doors. They zigzagged through the crowd. Finally, they reached the doors and exited the 'Plaza Hotel.' Little did they know though, Scardino was walking toward the hotel at the same time. He saw the girls and grew curious <I wonder what the girls are up to now. > Dan said to himself. He decided to follow them
Allen walked into the Hilton Hotel to find the boys. He was worried that he was being watched by the famous reporters and the D.E.A. agent. He approached the boys, "Boys! My office now!" The boys could tell he was angry but they weren't sure why. They followed him and closed the door to his office after they entered. "You know what I want to talk to you to about?"

"No....” the boys mocked.

"What do you know about the girls?"

Anthony began, "Well, they're gorgeous.”

“That's for sure," Conner added. "The way Shannon's hair shines in the moonlight...."

"Knock it off!" Allen ordered. "What did you say there names were? It's not Kent is it?"

"No, it's White," Conner explained. "Just out of curiosity, what would be the big deal if their name was Kent?”

"Because, Conner, that’s the name of the two best investigative reporters. They are tough and right now we can't afford for them to be on our case. Not until this last shipment."

"Okay. Well these girls are innocent. You have nothing to worry about," Anthony assured Allen. The boys left the office to help finish setting up. They couldn't wait for the girls to get there.
The party had started. Shannon was having fun dancing with Conner and Lisa was dancing with Anthony. Scardino wanted to stay to make sure everything was okay. He knew that they weren't his kids, but he knew that something horrific happened back in December and was sure that Lois and Clark wouldn't be able to handle an incident where their daughters were hurt. He just tried to act casual and not be noticed.

"Do any of you want something to drink?" Conner asked.

"Water?" the twins asked in unison as they tried to catch their breath from all the dancing.

"We'll be right back," Anthony told them as they left to get the girls a drink.

"So far so good, Shannon," Lisa said as she looked around to make sure everything was, in fact, still good.

"Yeah, well just remember, we can't be here forever."
"Boss?" a voice called in Allen's office. "I have bad news."

"What? The shipment isn't coming in?" Allen asked.

"No, that's still coming in on time, which is part of the problem. I just found out that those two reporters you were worried about are here and have been for a few days now."

"I haven't heard the name Kent anywhere."

"You see Boss...” the man began, "they're using their editor's last name...White."

"White?!? That’s the last name of the two girls my nephews are seeing.”

"Want me to take them out Boss?"

"No, at least not here. Tell you what. Somehow get them outside. Put them in the parked limo and I'll meet you out there. We're going to the warehouse and we'll do away with them there."

"Okay Boss. I'll meet you outside." He closed the door. Allen's accomplice went out in the party room and searched for the girls. He found them sitting alone. This was his chance. He rushed over and grabbed the girls. The girls screamed, causing Scardino to look up. They were gone. He noticed the rotating doors were turning as if someone had left in a hurry. He rushed towards the door and went outside. He saw Allen Mario get into the limo, but before he could do anything they took off.
Lois was back in the hotel. There was still no sign of Clark. She decided to set the surveillance up herself and try and get to the bottom of this. She hit record on the camcorder and switched the button so she could hear what was being said. Just then, there was a knock at the door. She thought it might be Clark. "Clark?"

"No, it's Dan. Something happened. We have to go!"

"What? What are you talking about?" Lois asked, confused, and opened the door.

"The girls aren't in their rooms. I was on my way back to the hotel and I saw the girls leaving."

Lois couldn't believe this. She ran to the girls’ room. There was no sign of them. "Where'd they go?!" Lois seemed mad, but more upset than mad.

"I followed them to the Hilton Hotel. I guess Allen was having some sort of party there. The girls were with those two boys. I looked up when I heard a scream...they were out of sight.”

"Oh god!" Lois gasped as she ran to the window facing the warehouse. She picked up her binoculars and saw a limo pull up and two girls struggle out. "We have to go!" Lois shrieked as she grabbed her jacket and pulled Dan behind her.

"What about Clark?" Dan asked as she dragged him down the stairs.

"He um...he went for a walk. He'll find out where we went."
"Let us go old man!" Shannon yelled as she tried to maneuver herself from being tied to the pole.

"What fun would that be?" Allen taunted.

"What are you going to do?" Lisa asked with a slight shiver of terror in her voice.

"Payback.... you lied to us," Allen replied.

“What are you talking about?!?" Shannon shot back.

"You're the daughters of the Kent's."

"What?!? Who are the Kent's?" Shannon asked, trying not to give it away.

"Don't play stupid with me kid. We know who you are!"

"Well my last name is White. My parents are architects," Shannon tried to explain.

"White is an editor of a newspaper...your parents’ boss!"

"There are people that have the same last name you know!" Shannon shouted.

"Shannon...stop...you're going to get hurt," Lisa warned.

"What can they do?" Shannon asked. She was immediately slapped across the face by Allen's accomplice.

"Ouch!" Shannon exclaimed, her cheek ached with pain.

"Shannon...!" Lisa screamed as she tried to squirm so she could see if Shannon was all right.

"Don't move!" Allen warned. "Or you'll be next!"
Lois and Dan were getting closer to the docks. Lois was worried sick for the girls. "Lois, this isn't really safe. Maybe you should go back, find Clark and I'll take care of this."

"NO!" Lois protested. "I'm going to find my daughters and get them out of here!"

"Okay, I understand," Dan put his hands up like he was being arrested.

"Sorry. Is that the warehouse?" Lois asked.

"Yeah." They slowly and cautiously approached it inch by inch.
Clark finally arrived back at the hotel room. He looked around. "Lois?" No answer. "Lois? Honey?" Still no answer. Maybe she was in the girls’ room talking to them about earlier. He went into the twins’ room. "Lois?" Still no answer. "Shannon? Lisa?" No response. "Come on girls, this isn't funny. Come out." Still nothing. He looked around for a note...nothing. This wasn't like Lois. Looking down at the warehouse, he thought he saw Dan and Lois turn a corner. "Oh, Lois....” he muttered, swooshing into the air. He changed into Clark when he landed a few feet from the warehouse. "Lois?" he called. Lois ran to him and threw her arms around him. "Lois, what are you doing down here?"

"The girls were kidnapped," Lois explained.

"What? How?" Clark asked worriedly.

Dan chimed in, "I saw them leave the hotel so I followed them to this party Allen was hosting. I heard a scream and they were gone...I tried to get to them but it was too late."

Lois continued, "Then I saw the girls from the hotel room. We have to get them."

“Don't worry honey. The girls are going to be all right," Clark said as he tried to comfort Lois and keep her calm.
The trio entered the warehouse and hid behind a set of boxes. Clark and Dan saw Allen and one of his goons finish tying Shannon and Lisa to two poles. Clark watched as Allen took Lisa’s face roughly into his hand. His heart was beating out of his chest; he was about to step forward but Dan stopped him.

“Tell me where they are?”

“We told you! We don’t know what the hell you’re talking about!” Lisa spat.

Allen laughed, “Well, don’t you have a mouth of a trucker, young lady. I guess you learned that from your mother, Lois.”

“We told you, our mother is Daphnie and our father is Bill,” Shannon said. Lois and Clark had always told them to make up names if they were in a jam like this, but it wasn’t working since lately the girls had been thrown into the spotlight by the media.

“I’ll ask again little girl, where are they?” Allen yelled, his voice echoing through the warehouse.

“Clark, we have to do something,” Lois whispered, desperate.

Clark nodded, “I’ll be right back.” But when he turned around, three men were standing behind them with their guns drawn.

Allen turned around and smiled, “Well, lookie here. It’s Lois and Clark and I’m sure the ugly guy on the right is Agent Dan Scardino.”

Dan smiled, “Hey, I resent that. I’m not ugly.”

Allen stepped close to Lois and looked her over, “I guess we know were the girls get their looks from.”

“Leave her alone,” Clark barked.

Allen looked toward Clark who looked a little white. “Gosh, Clark, are you actually nervous, because you look like crap. Tie them up boys.” With that, Allen’s thugs tied Lois up on the far left side and Clark next to her. Dan was then tied to a pole next to the girls. Just as Allen was about to walk away, he remembered something, “Oh, I was anticipating this so I got something special for the man in spandex. I’ll never understand that, a grown man prancing around in blue spandex.” Allen set a small piece of Kryptonite in the middle of the room and left.

“Great,” Lois murmured as she looked toward Clark who was looking paler by the second.
Dan watched Clark deteriorate as the hours passed, “Is your dad ok?”

Shannon and Lisa looked toward Clark and watched his body slump forward. The only thing that was holding him from going face first on the floor were the chains tying him up. “Oh, uh yeah, he was complaining of being kind of sick this week, I guess it finally caught up with him,” Shannon explained, hoping Dan would buy it.

"Lois?” Clark whispered as he rested his back on the pole.

"Yeah?”

"If I don’t make it, marry Dan,” Clark coughed.

Lois belted out with laughter, “Clark, stop it. I’d rather get a dog than marry Dan.”

Clark smiled, “So you’re going to replace me with a dog?”

Lois laughed, “No, because we’re going to get out of here somehow.”
Allen was talking with his men when his office door suddenly swung open with a loud smack against the wall. “Where are they, Allen?” Anthony rumbled with anger.

Allen raised his brow, “ It’s Uncle Allen to you, punk. And they’re safe for now.”

“They had nothing to do with this and you know it!” Conner yelled.

Allen smiled; Conner was a follower and not a leader like Anthony. “Boys, keep yourselves in check, think this through. Ok, so I kill Lois and Clark. Do you really think that those brunettes are going to run to you and confess their undying love for you? I’ll tell you right now, they would be running to the police.”

“How do you know?” Anthony challenged.

Allen and his men started to laugh, “Anthony, you have a lot to learn and even more to learn about the Kents. They are the definition of goodness in the world, they symbolize the Brady Bunch and it makes every crime lord sick. So, I’m simply going to get rid of them one by one.”
“Lois?” Clark’s eyes popped open as the room came into focus. Sweat was running down his face; his chest felt like someone was sitting on it.

Lois looked at Clark and saw the fear in his eyes. His breath was labored and sweat was pouring off him. “Clark.” She had to hold his attention to keep him from falling asleep again. “Clark! Look at me!” Lois said firmly.

Clark looked at Lois, his eyes full of tears, “It’s all my fault.”

“What is?” Lois asked. She thought if he kept talking that it might help keep him awake.

“This whole mess…” His eyes were getting heavy…he just needed to sleep.

Lois nudged his leg, “Clark! Stay awake for me. You have to stay awake. Ok?”

Clark nodded, “It’s all my fault.”

Lois sighed, “What is?”

“This whole mess… of me going and leaving you and the girls,” Clark mumbled.

Dan was trying to piece everything together, so Clark left Lois at one point?

“Clark, it isn’t your fault,” Lois whispered… god she wished she could hold him.

Clark shook his head, “If I had just got you to the hospital sooner everything would have been ok…. we wouldn’t have lost Justin.”

Dan was shocked; he had read rumors in magazines that Lois and Clark’s marriage was on the rocks because of a miscarriage, but couldn’t believe that it was true.

Tears swelled in Lois’ eyes… god she wanted to hold him… to ensure him that everything was ok. “Clark, it’s not your fault.”

“Lois, I love you,” Clark gasped as his eyes slowly closed. His breathing became shallow and his body slumped forward.

“Clark?!” Lois cried. She knew he was in trouble as she watched his chest rise and fall ever so slowly. Lois searched her pockets for something to pick the lock on her chains. “Dan! Try to untie yourself, Clark is in trouble!” It seemed like forever, but Lois finally picked the lock and started to work on Clark’s while Dan worked on untying the twins.

“Clark! Wake up!” Lois cried frantically.

“Lois, I love you,” escaped Clark’s lips. He suddenly stopped breathing just as Lois got him untied. She laid him on the floor and started CPR.
Lisa was the first to be untied. She wasted no time in throwing the kryptonite against the wall and watching it shatter into nothing.

“Clark, please! Don’t do this! You have two daughters and a wife! You’re not leaving us, not like this!” Lois cried as she continued to do CPR. They all heard a loud pounding against the door and then it fell to the floor as the FBI came in like ants swarming around a piece of food.

Just then, Clark let out a loud gasp and cough. “Clark!” Lois cried and hugged him.

Clark coughed again, “I guess you won’t be replacing me with a dog after all.”

Lois laughed as she helped Clark up. A paramedic went to Clark to check on him but Clark waved off the help.

Dan went up to an agent and asked, “How did you find us?”

“Well, Perry White called saying that Lois and Clark hadn’t checked in and thought they may be in trouble,” the officer said.
Allen, his partners, and his nephews were arrested. As Conner and Anthony approached the patrol car, they looked back at the twins. "Sorry, Shannon. I wish it didn't have to end up like this. I really liked you," Conner admitted as he pressed his lips against Shannon's cheek. Shannon looked down at her feet, embarrassed because her parents were standing right there.

"Yeah, me too. Nice meeting you," Shannon said.

"I'm sorry too, Lisa,” Anthony began, “I shouldn't have put you in this situation. I'm really sorry." Anthony pressed his lips to Lisa's cheek too. In a matter of minutes they were down the road, headed toward the state penitentiary.

Clark looked up at Dan. "Dan, I want to tell you thanks. And...I owe you an apology."

"Don't worry about it, Clark, it's my job," Dan began, hitting him on the shoulder in a friendly way.

Clark interrupted, "No, really, Dan. I've been a jerk to you. You saved my daughters and you saved my wife. I don't know what I can do to make it up to you. They're all I've got."

"Consider that a favor for all those times I interrupted you on those dates," Dan laughed.

"Okay,” Clark said and returned his laugh. He still felt weak from the Kryptonite. He put his arm around Lois. "You okay, sweetheart?"

"Yeah," Lois replied as she laid her head against him. "You?"

"Feeling better. What about you, girls?"

"Not bad," they said in unison.

Shannon started, "Dad, Lisa and I said a few things earlier...I'm sorry...I didn't mean to hurt you."

Lisa interrupted, "Yeah, me neither. I was just angry, mostly because what we found out about the boys."

"It's okay, girls," Clark said as he hugged them. "Listen, I’ve been a jerk. I promise you though; I'm going to get back to my old self. Starting...right now! You better run before I throw you in the water!" Clark warned as he ran after the girls. Lois continued to walk at her pace and admired Clark and the girls. They were so cute. <Splash!> <Splash!> Lois laughed when she saw the girls fall into the ocean, but she laughed even harder when...<SPLASH!>...Clark fell in with them.
When they all got back to the hotel room, Lois plopped down on her bed. "That was exhausting."

"Would you like to meet me for dinner or something later?" Dan asked. "Not just you, Lois, I mean the whole family."

Lois glanced up at Clark and he replied, "Is 6:30 okay...downstairs in the restaurant?"

"Sounds good," Dan replied as he left the room.

"That was nice, Clark," Lois commented before she gave Clark a peck on the lips.

"Well...” Clark began, "I have always been the sensitive type." He returned her kiss.
"Girls?" Clark called. "Your mom and I need to talk to you."

"What about?" Shannon asked as she jumped on the bed.

Lois started, "About you two sneaking out like you did. Do you know how dangerous that could have been?"

Clark interrupted, "Yeah, you didn't know those boys. You could have gotten hurt."

"We didn't though....” Lisa commented.

"Not this time, but how about no more sneaking out, okay? I don't want to lose you two. And neither does your mom. Compendia?"

"Compendia," the twins said in unison.

"Good."

"Get ready girls. We are going out in about two hours," Lois explained. "We're supposed to meet Dan at the restaurant.”
An hour later, the girls were in their rooms getting ready to go out for dinner. Lois and Clark had just finished writing the story and sent it to Perry. "It's official, Lois. We are now on vacation."

"Yay! Now we can enjoy ourselves," Lois said as she hugged Clark. "I love you."

Clark returned the hug with an extra kiss, "I love you too." He went into the bathroom to get ready.

Another hour had passed. Lois and Clark were just finishing up. They knocked on the girl’s door. The girls came out looking radiant. Lisa had her hair in a French braid and she was wearing a pale pink skirt with a floral design and a top to match. Shannon was wearing the same type of clothing except hers was a baby blue and her hair was left down.
"Look at you two," Lois said. "I can't believe how much you have grown up."

"Oh Mom, don't break out in tears...please," Shannon pleaded.

Clark laughed, "Come on; let's get downstairs before we're late."
"Over here!" Dan called.

The Kents followed the voice. "Hi Dan," Clark greeted.

"Hey. Um, I hope you don't mind but I invited a couple people."

"That's nice. The more people the merrier," Lois said as she smiled.

"Chad! Roger! Come here, I want you to meet the Kents!" Dan screamed across the lobby. Two tall boys made their way over to Dan. Chad had short, slicked back black hair and bright brown eyes; he was wearing a blue button down shirt and black pants. Roger had spiky brown hair and bright, lively green eyes; he was wearing a white button down shirt and blue jeans.

They approached Dan and the Kents. The twins’ jaws dropped, "Whoa." Those were the only words that would come out of their mouths.

"Chad, Roger, meet Lois and Clark Kent. These are their daughters, Lisa and Shannon. They're seventeen, too."

Everyone got acquainted with one another. Clark was as shocked as the girls. He thought to himself. <Oh no, just what we needed, some more Scardinos...and they're my daughter’s age. > Clark felt someone pinch his arm. He looked down and found Lois smiling up at him. "What was that for?"

"You

Misha: I'm not a crackpot!

Martha: No dear, trust me, you are.