Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#63023 04/27/09 12:32 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Awww... I knew you were writing this, but I didn't think you'd get it out so quickly!!!

I love the way you've taken this scene and put it into words... the different thought processes, the inner struggle that Lois must have been going through at that point in the episode and in the story.

I always wished they'd delved more into how Lois (and Clark) coped in the aftermath of loosing things... and this at least opens that door for Lois.

Thanks for sharing. wink

"He's my best friend, best of all best friends
Do you have a best friend too
It tickles in my tummy
He's so Yummy Yummy
Hey you should get a best friend too" - Toy Box
#63024 04/27/09 04:03 AM
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh, very nice! I loved the exploration of Lois' thoughts and feelings at this time.

Lois didn’t love Clark that way, but someday, she knew, she could.
The perfect way to end it. It certainly helps to explain how Lois could go from expressing her love for Superman to knowing that she has deeper feelings for Clark in such a short time period.

Overall, delightful!

#63025 04/27/09 08:24 AM
S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
very insightful and powerful. love it!

#63026 04/27/09 09:39 AM
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
This was great!

You're right, that's a pretty complex scene that is just left hanging. And I love how you have Lois actually noticing Clark's state of being. That, as much as anything, illustrates her change in thinking regarding him.

I loved it! More Cat fic!
Amber

#63027 04/27/09 07:14 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
oh just... perfect. Absolutely perfect.

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
#63028 04/28/09 07:50 AM
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
This was wonderful, Brucie. Even though this scene has been done and re-done countless times, you have set a new spin on its complexities and nuances that.

She loves Clark, but not in the way he wants. She loved Lex and felt that, in a way, he loved her too, but not in the way he wants. Either way, she isn't broken by the fact that she won't see Lex again--not like she was when she thought she might not see Clark again.

I like how she notices how heavily he holds her, as well as noticing how he looks like he went through a war-zone to get to her.

Elisabeth

#63029 05/07/09 09:55 AM
A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
Okay, I read this as my computer was massively misbehaving and so I felt justified in readng rather than working. But of course, my computer is running fine now.

Thank you for providing such a nice distraction from work. It was so good it made me forget that the reason I was reading was that I thought my computer was about to crash and I was going to lose several hours worth of work. And since it was a different computer that was doing this and the ominous blank screen was just beyond this one, that was quite a feat!

It did make me wonder, though - what would happen if Lois took all that she noticed and questionned Clark about why he looked so poorly? What if she found out that evening that he had tried to be there for her even before she saw him - would probably have come the wedding if he had not been trapped in the k-cage? My first thought was that Lois is so fragile in this moment that it just may destroy her to find out both that Clark has been lying to her and what he was going through right now.

But then I finished your story and I'm not that sure. By the end, simply feeling Clark's arms around her seems to restore some of her strength and she doesn't seem that fragile.

I really should get back to work now, but thank you for a truly lovely distraction!

#63030 05/11/09 05:03 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
It is definitely one of my favourite scenes too.

The way she notices how weak he is yet being strong and there for her is amazing.

I really loved the way you've portrayed it. laugh

"Work while you have the light. You are responsible for the talent that has been entrusted to you."

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard