#62994 04/26/09 03:53 PM
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
FDK goes here smile .

Thanks to Labby for the IGACOY transcript. Once says Riverview the other says West River. I've used both - though I forget which one off the top of my head goes where - like the Riverview district of the West River area or something wink .

Next post: Wednesday unless the muse takes off like it did this weekend - 3 chapters finished in 3 days...

Chapter 8 Preview
She tried not to notice that there was someone else on the dance floor. There were lots of someone else's on the dance floor but one in particular.

And he was dancing with a blonde.

She supposed if she could dance with someone else, so could he.
No, that's not from the end :p .

Thanks smile .
Carol

#62995 04/26/09 04:10 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Now just wait a minute!

How can you end this part on "What were you thinking?" Aargh! What were you thinking?

You're thinking of tantalizing us again!

All right, aside from that, another excellent chapter. I like how Clark is giving Lois the theatre story notes - we know that was his "in" to the Planet in canon, but what's going to happen now?

And what's going to happen at the White Orchid ball?

And meeting up with Toni Taylor and the Toasters - wow, you sure have a lot happening all at once!

Again, keep up the good work. Looking forward to more.

#62996 04/26/09 04:11 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Darn these cliffhangers! What was he thinking about what?? I bet Lois lets him have the story. laugh

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
#62997 04/26/09 04:22 PM
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I bet Lois lets him have the story.
Me too. I think she read his story draft, saw how good it was and her question was more of a "You moron, how could you give away a story this good?" kind of "what were you thinking."

I like it that although Clark is willing to do anything to get a job quickly, he doesn't back down to Toni when she tells him to start that night. He's got backbone.

And a tux! drool

#62998 04/26/09 05:08 PM
S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
sigh.

#62999 04/26/09 05:35 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
wink Those pesky cliffhangers. They just grab you and make you want more! Purely diabolical.

I am just loving this story, carol. The way you take the story line that is already there and twist it into your own devising, to make it work for YOUR story, is awesome laugh That make sense? It did to meeee laugh

And gah. I love "I've Got a Crush On You," and it was so fun to see it work out in your storyline laugh

Mmm cheese.

I vid, therefor I am.

The hardest lesson is that love can be so fair to some, and so cruel to others. Even those who would be gods.

Anne Shirley: I'm glad you spell your name with a "K." Katherine with a "K" is so much more alluring than Catherine with a "C." A "C" always looks so smug.
Me: *cries*
#63000 04/26/09 06:54 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Count me in, I think Lois is going to hand him back his story. Maybe bop him on the head with his own notepad.

Diabolical cliffhangers. That wedding ring better ward off blondie.

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#63001 04/26/09 10:04 PM
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
hyper it was the theater story hyper

"What were you thinking?"
So he tells her of course.
Maybe he could sell it to Perry White unless someone else from the Daily Planet had been there
Delightful

Framework4
#63002 04/27/09 01:30 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Yay! I'm going to be out of town for a couple days, so thanks for posting before I leave. smile

Nice meshing of a few different episodes there. I love how Clark is walking into the Metro story again, but this time just by luck.

#63003 04/27/09 08:17 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Okay, I've caught up... this is very good stuff, Carol. Want a beta reader? <g> How about one who's happy to read ahead but too busy to give actual useful feedback? goofy

Although, this is probably my last week with a full-time job, for a while...

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#63004 04/27/09 08:58 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Carol, you really can't stop it, can you? But I guess I shouldn't be complaining, should I? Better getting cliffhanger endings and lots of LnC interaction than just normal cliffhangers and LnC stonewalling each other razz Who came up with *that* idea wildguy

Is that enough FDK to warrant early postings now? Please? Pretty please?

Michael, who's finally has time for anything after work and is seriously suffering from withdrawal.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#63005 04/27/09 09:56 AM
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
Well, you just threw first season in a blender, poured it in a glass, and added a baby on top, huh?

This is lots of fun, and so far, much less angsty than you could have made it. wink (Please don't take that as an invitation or a request!) I mean, Lois and Clark are actually talking to each other!

My vote is for "not mad" Lois, also. Like you said, she's a little older which perhaps translates to a little more mature. Besides, theoretically she'd want the father of her baby to be successful.

More soon please!
Amber

#63006 04/27/09 02:25 PM
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
She tried not to notice that there was someone else on the dance floor.
It would be so nice if Clark could be low key with Luthor. Not cut in during the dance but approach her after the song ends while she is chatting with Lex.

It would help if Luthor's comments or actions while dancing with Lois gave her cause to signal Clark and then introduce him as her husband.

If at this point Luthor could greet Clark with some words in another language, and be surprised when Clark speaks the language. Impress Luthor that there is some depth to Clark Kent.

Framework4
#63007 04/28/09 03:54 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hmmm...Lex Luthor dancing with Mrs. Kent...at what point do we get the "Take your hands off my wife!" line? I mean, in the pilot the cutting in was completely uncalled for, but here....interesting possibilities abound. laugh

This *is* my happily ever after.
#63008 04/28/09 02:31 PM
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Thanks everyone smile .

I think I'm going to post tonight since I finished another chapter smile . I'm good through at least the end of next week EOD so...

Iolan - what *was* I thinking?!

Karen - /whistles/

BJ - /whistles again/ Yes. Love the tux.

Sarah - wink

Cat!!!! - of course, you've seen what comes next wink .

JD - /whistles/

Patrick - Could be...

Amy - glad you got to see it smile . I kinda tossed a bunch of stuff in a blender...

Pam - hehe. Thanks!

Michael - RAFO...

Amber - I still love that first sentence!

Patrick [again] - Hmm... you're assuming it's Luthor of course... wink

Happy girl - hehe! RAFO momentarily!

Thanks again everyone! Off to post...
Carol

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard