Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#62931 04/23/09 07:08 AM
Sue S. Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Ooooo! What an absolutely great premise for a story and you tell it very, very well. clap

I love the idea that Lex hasn't died and has, instead, spent the past two years plotting his revenge. I can't wait to see where you go with this. <rubs hands together in glee>

Don't make us wait too long, will ya? wildguy

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
#62932 04/23/09 12:40 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
It really is a wonderful premise. And it makes a lot more sense than clones or reanimation or evil doubles. I want to see what you do with this now, because there are so many ways you could take it.

Is Lex permanently disabled or did he make a complete recovery or is he somewhere in between? What happened to Mrs. Cox? Did he "reach out and touch her" while they were both incarcerated? Or is she in witness protection somewhere? Did he and Lois sign the license in this timeline? (If they did, they're married; the ceremony is only that, a ceremony with no legal impact.) How free is Lois? Does she know about Clark's "other job?" What's the status of the Lois and Clark relationship? Since Lex isn't dead, his will wasn't read, so has Arianna Carlin entered the picture? How is Intergang doing these days? Were they held back by Luthor's influence, diminished though it might be, or have they forged ahead with their plans? How was Clark personally affected by saving Luthor but with injuries? Is he upset because Luthor lived or upset because Luthor was hurt or not at all? How did Lois react to this turn of events? Did Franklin Stern still bankroll the Daily Planet's rebuilding? Did Cat leave after all? (I hated to see her go! She was my favorite secondary character.)

So many ideas, so many questions, so many options! I'm sure you'll find a path that will make sense and enthrall your readers. Post again soon, okay?

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#62933 04/23/09 05:22 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Excellent fic.

Terry just asked all my questions.

Please post more soon.

#62934 04/23/09 05:37 PM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
What Terry said wink .

That was one thing that always bothered me re the clone argh - did Lois sign the license before the switch? The wedding itself doesn't matter legally.

Anyway - very interesting.

More soon please smile .
Carol

#62935 04/23/09 07:31 PM
Blogger
Blogger
Thanks everyone. The feedback has finally started to wake my comatose bunnnies. I don't really know where this is heading, but i've got a few ideas which if they work might constitute a name change for the story... I will say its great to be back with my first and still fave fandom. ^^

I'll try my best to get more done soon but right now i'm in the middle of a couple class projects and a take home final. So it might take a little while.

Thanks again for the feedback. ^^

#62936 04/24/09 02:47 PM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Ouchies. Poor, poor Lex laugh

It's a real change from the usual Superman saving/ not saving Lex. Good idea!

Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he is supposed to be doing at that moment. ~Robert Benchley
#62937 04/25/09 12:14 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Intriguing start, wonder where you will take this.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard