Next Thread
Print Thread
#62598 04/11/09 12:28 PM
Shadow Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Completely unrelated:
So we were playing Wii at my friends' house last night, and we pulled out Batman cups to drink in. I was so, so close to taking photos of them, but ultimately thought my friends would think I'd gone off the deep end. They were crystal clear with Batman and symbols and things carved right into the glass and kind of awesome. laugh

Completely related:
Love the opening! Rewrites and elseworlds are my favs, so you already get two for two! And of course Bruce Wayne is a very interesting bloke here; we always know in general Lex Luthor's agenda (take over the world and Lois Lane, etc), but I wouldn't assume to know Wayne's agenda at all right now...

Heh, and Lois...good to know she's not blind concerning all aspects of Clark. wink

Looking forward to more!
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
C
Kerth
Online Content
Kerth
C
Yay! Another story from Lara. Interesting premise to the story and looking forward to reading more.

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Nice start. Interestingly without Lex and with a strong attraction to Clark already well along i don't see how the arrival of Superman or Batman will get between them.

Framework4
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Your title is intriguing. Do you mean that things are "right" between Lois and Clark, off the bat (right away?)

Or is it a play on words regarding Batman? Given your history, I'd suspect the latter!

Looking forward to more chapters - part one was very good at setting up the story. I love how you paint Lois's insecurity.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
hee! Thanks so much for the feedback! laugh

I was a bit afraid, because of the title and everything, that people would just roll their eyes at me, think "not Batman again!" and run away. lol!

About the title, well...there's obviously a bit of a pun in there, since Bruce Wayne is in this one -- but it also sounded like a nice title for a pilot rewrite, since it has this "from the beginning" connotation.

I'm working on the next part - there shouldn't be much more than 2 or 3 to come, but I'm not really sure yet... smile I hope you'll stick around!

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
totally didn't get the batman reference in the name until now! but a new laramoon fic is always welcome, even if there is a big dark bat involved!

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nice start. clap Lois seems a bit more open than on the show. Wonder how that's going to play out, combined with a more established Clark Kent.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, yeah! Great start. Keep it coming!
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Kerth
Kerth
LARA! I'm so glad you're still writing! smile1

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
R
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
R
I was sooo excited when I cam to L&C to see a new Lara fic. Love it and looking forward to more

robinson
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
hee! *bounces*

Thank you all so much for the comments! I can't tell you how happy I was to find them tonight. smile

/sends hugs to all

(and off I go to work on the rest of this. hehe!)

ETA: @Sue - of course I'm still writing. *giggles* Only there's this Bat-wannabe keeping me hostage in a dark cave... it was hell trying to get out of there so I could post this. lol!

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Hi, Lara! wave Squee! Imagine my surprise when James remarked at dinner last night that you were posting this. I'm so happy that you're writing again.

I love your take on Perry. He's in control of the situation, despite his normal gruffness. I wonder if he would have hired Clark if Lois hadn't insisted that he not hire him. He played Lois like a fiddle by the time the interview ended. It's easy to see why he was promoted to management.

Lois, on the other hand, was hilarious. She acted as if Clark's presence in the room was a personal affront. I wonder what Perry was thinking as she hissed her protests at Clark's interview.

I liked the fact that Lois explained to Clark that they were working together "for the time being." I'm sure she plans on ditching him as soon as a better option comes along, if for not other reason than she doesn't plan on sharing a Pulitzer. Actually, she thinks that working with Clark will totally smurf up her chance at a Pulitzer. I wonder if that's because he isn't the best, like she is, or because he's a "typical male."

I'm looking forward to reading the next part at the first opportunity.

Elisabeth

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Looking forward to reading more soon.

James, who can't see the seam between the two stories, they blend so well...

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Kerth
Kerth
Where's the next part? wildguy How much longer? wildguy Can you post soon? wildguy

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Awwww! Elisabeth - I'm so glad you've enjoyed this part. laugh I was a bit afraid you'd think I was messing up that little version of the L&C universe you'd created. I'm so relieved! laugh Thank you for the comment!

And, awww, James!!! Thank you! blush

Next part is coming. It's mostly done. Really, I promise. I'd planned to work on it this week, but I've had a really long and complicated week at the office, so fic ended up being put on the ice, in favor of sleep. But as soon as I close this browser window, I'm going right back to my Word document. smile

Top Banana
Top Banana
Just had to jump in here and say I always love to see a competent, confident Clark like this one who doesn't leave Lois the option of looking down on him. Looking forward to the next part. thumbsup

This *is* my happily ever after.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
aww! Thank you, Happy Girl. laugh

I'm still so excited (and yeah, maybe a little astonished) to see there are people reading, and looking forward to the next parts of this.

It makes me a very happy person. smile

rkn Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Lara,

Did you know there is a Judith Resnik at Yale Law School? The name caught my eye b/c she was our featured speaker at our symposium last year. smile I thought that was kind of interesting that there is a Judith Resnik award. Different person, obviously, but not a very common name.

thanks!

rkn
Kerth
Kerth
I've been wanting to read this since it appeared .. sorry it has taken so long to get to it.

I love the feisty Lois. So many one-liners which paint the picture very vividly.

Then, right at the end, Clark comes in with a few lines himself.

I will read the rest of it ... hopefully soon.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
@rkn - cool tidbit, thanks! definitely not a very common name at all, I suppose they could be related, even.

@Femalehawk - thanks so much for the comment! smile I'm gad you've enjoyed this part! laugh

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard