OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
FDK goes here smile .

Next post: Monday

Title suggestions accepted!

Chapter 2 Preview
She shrugged, but didn't speak.

He leaned closer and spoke softly. "It has been a very nice day so far, but the only way we'd end up spending an amazing night together tonight is if you manage to convince me to marry you sometime in the next couple hours. Otherwise, at some point, I'll take you back to your hotel and we'll say our good-byes and go our separate ways and we'll each be a nice memory and nothing more. Maybe we'll run into each other someday in the future and have a good laugh about the tour guide who knew nothing about the town but that's it."
Thanks smile .
Carol

Merriwether
Merriwether
Veddy intervesting start. wink Especially the confusion at the beginning. Still no title suggestions, though.

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
F
Blogger
Blogger
F
Indeed a very good and promising start!
smile1

As for title suggestions:

I don´t really know if it goes with the whole story, but after reading the beginning and seeing a certain pattern in your writing I would suggest

"and first comes marriage"

Just my 2c...
Fuzzy

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Hm. Well, it's hard to come up with a title without knowing how the plot goes. I guess you should post everything you have right now. You know, so we can help you.

Top Banana
Top Banana
party Carol! This is an amazing start. This is such a different Lois, so trusting of a complete stranger. I am dying to see where you take us with this. I'll be waiting for Monday!

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Man, Clark, somebody's a fast operator. wink

Great part. I'll toss out a ream of title suggestions after the story's over. :p
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Top Banana
Top Banana
Nice! Yay! you posted even before the curtains are down on the Shaken story... cool! thumbsup

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Interesting start.

Framework4
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Neat! The beginning took me totally by surprise. I wonder where you go with it!?
Looking forward to more (but please no pregnant Lois this time! <g>),
Natascha

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Interesting beginning. You're hinting that a whole lot happened in the last twenty-four hours.

I suggest you title this story "Eureka" because Clark is going to discover something very interesting. Oh, wait, he already has. But there's lots more to discover, too!

Bring on the next chapter!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
i love it! the flashback thing is really popular lately, but its fun! well, as long as lois doesn't end up pregnant in the next part...

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wow, you sure don't waste any time with this one, do you?

Jokes aside, right now I see two options (sort of):
a) This fic is about how they end up married
b) This fic just leads up to them getting married and since there's obviously something strange going on, Lois will throw Clark out and maybe realize she's pregnant after she's back in Metropolis, just when Clark applies for a job there.

So, I'm assuming option b. Don't ask me why. It just seemed to be the more evil one wink

Oh, and before I forget; don't think I didn't notice Lois evading Clark's inquire into her line of work when she realized he was non-competition.

Michael

PS: About that FDK addiction of yours. You do realize you have an awful codependency set up there, don't you wink

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Yeah! New story from Carol!! dance

Hmmm, interesting start you have given us. I'm interested to see where it goes and what Lois does to convince him to marry her.

~Mel~
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Thanks everyone!

Karen - I love the confusion too smile .

Fuzzy - ML already has a fic on the archive called 'First Comes Marriage' - had considered it for another fic... Glad you're enjoying!

Amy - LOL! Great plan! Will post some more soon!

Sheila - Glad you like it! You may not have to wait until Monday - we'll see if I can get it up tonight - no promises though!

JD - hehe - don't wait that long! If you've got something, shout it out!

AnKS - /zips lips on all speculation/

Patrick - smile

Natascha - /keeps lips zipped/

Terry - Eureka... Hmm, everytime I think that a Backyardigans song starts going through my head... wink

Sarah - /zipped lips/

Michael - /zipped lips still/ Interesting that you noticed that - I didn't even really plan it that way... whether it's relevant or not... RAFO!

Mel - glad you're interested!

Hope to go ahead and post soonish [it's Monday somewhere right wink ?] Hoping this week will be slower than this weekend - but it was very productive - girls even slept in what is going to be their new room last night - bunk beds are up! WOOHOO!

Thanks everyone!
Carol

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard