Print Thread
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
FDK goes here!

Thanks so much to everyone who posted! Hope you enjoyed the ride as much as I did smile .

So up next...

It only took 22 days, but I *finally* got the next chapter done. Mainly because I decided to skip the blasted A plot junk. It's an A plot from the show, so we all know what happened. Sure, I played with the show timeline a tad, but that was obvious enough anyway. Stupid A plot. wink Anyway...

Eureka Springs Fic [because I still don't have a title for it :p - heck, I may just post it as that and let you guys name it wink ]

Chapter 1 Preview
He'd planned on heading directly back to Smallville but the brunette was sitting on one of the benches outside the door.

She looked dejected and before he could stop himself, he sat down next to her. "Hi," he said, a bit shyly. "I'm Clark. I didn't mean to eavesdrop but I overheard your conversation inside with your friend."

She looked at him, studying him intently for a long moment. "Hello, Clark," she finally said.

"Listen, I know I'm a strange guy and you have no reason to want to, but I can be a half-decent tour guide if you're interested." He pointed over his shoulder towards the hotel. "My parents are inside. They can vouch for me."

"Really?" she asked with a raised brow.

He winced. "Actually, it's their anniversary so they're probably, um, busy already, knowing my parents."

She winced on his behalf. "Nice."
Thanks everyone! Am hoping to start posting in the next week or so smile .

Carol

Merriwether
Merriwether
Aww. It figures his memory wouldn't come back with one little kiss, it had to be a whole lot. Have I told you how much I love this fic? Despite the torment. :p

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Aww. You even let them get back to their lives in time to have some fun together before the baby is born!

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
A sweet ending. My favorite part was when Martha asked when his memory came back.

Elisabeth

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Thank you so much for posting this tonight, Carol. hyper

What a wonderful ending to a delightful story! Definitely gave me that nice waff-y feeling. I'm glad Clark got his memory fully back. He just needed a little incentive to quit being a moron. laugh

Kerth
Kerth
"Full?" he asked as she groaned after taking another bite.

"Stuffed."
Heh - in both sense of the word. wink

She was trying to kill him. That was all there was to it.
Ah, but she's killing him softly. <g>

As he slid the fork out of her mouth again, he knew for sure.

She was trying to kill him.
clap Another call-back to a cherished moment in the series. <g> I can totally see the expression on his face!

And, good golly, a very, *very* nice love scene! It was sweetly interspersed with his memories, which made it all that much more deliciously WAFFy.

He kissed the base of her neck. "You knew exactly what you were doing wearing that suit, didn't you?"
Hello? DUH! <vbg>

This was a thoroughly enjoyable read, Carol. You did a wonderful job and had me giggling and sighing and looking forward with eagerness to the next part. Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us. sloppy

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ah, it's a happy, squishy ending! I can stretch with relief now. Without Rogaine. smile

Very nice fic, Carol! I really like seeing Lois live in Smallville every now and then.

Looking forward to the next story!!
JD

hyper

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Very sweet! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
"You remember?" she whispered, tears filling her eyes.

He hesitated then nodded. "I remember you. The sandbox. 'Rescuing' Lana. Kissing you and telling you I was going to marry you."

"Anything else?"

He closed his eyes, like he was concentrating, then shook his head and sighed. "No. That's it."
He remembered only the sandbox! frown

He rolled off of her, onto his side as the water continued to lap around them.
And because he couldn't remember more, he rolled off of her! razz

He stood up and held out a hand to help her up. "What sounds good?"

She thought for a minute. "Italian?"
At least she made him go for Italian... wink

"Tan lines," she said simply, as a way of explanation.

She was trying to kill him. That was all there was to it.
Yes, she is trying to get him to make love to her, so she is certainly trying to kill him! Right, Clark? :rolleyes:

"Are you going to kiss me again?"

He hesitated. "Maybe. I, um, stopped at the house when I went to get dinner and brought a few photo albums back with me. Do you think we could go through them again?
Please let's do anything but make love! clap sloppy

Ann

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Okay, I read this last thing last night and you do know the expression "puddle of goo", yes?

This was a wonderful little vignette clap I only have one complaint: It was so short confused

I really loved the self-assured Lois and poor Clark never stood the chance of a deer in the headlights laugh The best bit I think was Martha's punishment of them by accepting them as adults and treating them as such instead of their kids. Boy, they'd better get over being embarrassed pretty soon.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
F
Blogger
Blogger
F
Great ending to a great story!

And you already posted the Eureka-Spring fic beginning! party

Top Banana
Top Banana
[Linked Image] Great ending to a very nice story. love

Bob

Top Banana
Top Banana
Very nice ending Carol. I am so glad that Clark remembered. I cannot believe that he needed his memory to be in love with Lois. Well written!

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Super cool story!

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
i loved this. classic carol angst, love, and conversation - bite-size! i loved it, can't wait to read the next!

Kerth
Kerth
I loved this story ... and the ending was everything I'd hoped for.

Thanks for sharing it.

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Hey everyone! Thanks so much!

Karen - so glad you liked it!

Amy - sure did wink .

Elisabeth - that was actually a very late addition but I realized that it needed some sort of discussion about his memory...

Rona - glad you got to see it before you left!

Sue - okay so I know you're out of town, but I think you owe us some Ricochet now... So glad you enjoyed it!

JD - I'm glad you don't need an Rx for hair growth!

Laura - thanks!

Ann - well, to be fair, he didn't remember the rules of life... wink .

Michael - too short?! Okay, compared to others I've written recently maybe but... Glad you liked it!

Fuzzy - thanks!

Bob - thanks to you too!

Sheila - Glad you liked it!

AnKS - super cool huh? /me likes that

Sarah - bite-sized?! Interesting!

Female Hawk - thanks! Glad you liked it!

Thanks again everyone! It's off to Labby!
Carol

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard