Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Yes, there is a sequel, and no, the first chapter isn't ready yet. wink Tomatoes go here.

Laura

PS: Thanks for sticking with me on this journey through a major what-if in the contuining adventures of Lois and Clark... and family.

“Rules only make sense if they are both kept and broken. Breaking the rule is one way of observing it.”
--Thomas Moore

"Keep an open mind, I always say. Drives sensible people mad, I know, but what did we ever get from sensible people? Not poetry or art or music, that's for sure."
--Charles de Lint, Someplace to Be Flying
Columnist
Columnist
Sending you some lovely sun-ripened tomatoes with some aromatic feta cheese to go in your Greek salad. (No rotten tomatoes at *all*!!!)

What a lovely story, and I loved the way you wrapped it up! I do see the opening for a sequel, tho', and will be eagerly looking for it smile

Did note (and I was reading on the fanfic list - you may have already corrected this by the time you posted here, I don't know...) that you seem to have double-posted the part where Ellen tells Lois she might be pregnant. Prolly an accident - I just skimmed over the duplicated part, and it didn't jerk me too much out of the story once I realized what had happen...

Keep up the good work!

Melisma (sighing happily here under her Rock)

Do, or do not. There is no try.
- Yoda
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Laura

A wonderful ending! smile1
I'm looking forward to the sequel.

Tricia cool

Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Very nice ending, Laura. As for "going over", I don't think it needs a tremendous lot of nitpicking. A little, maybe.

Anyhow, thanks for posting and helping hold off my fic withdrawal syndrome a little longer.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Finally! <g> Thanks for wrapping up *almost* all of the loose ends.

One thing you might want to tweak -- when the doctor's office does a pregnancy test, they do the same kind of urine test that the home kits do -- so results are pretty immediate. If Lois insisted on a blood test, though, that might give you the time lag you want.

Anyway, it was a great relief to see Rachael's 'doption smile Good work!

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great story. drool

Rachel slid off the couch and went back to her play corner, carefully staring at the floor. As soon as her parents stopped looking, she glanced back at them. They'd give her back for sure, now. Papa Gary'd always emphasized the difference between *blood* children and *step* children. Why should it be any different with the Kents? Sure, it'd been different every other way, but why would they want her after they had a kid of their own? She was extra now; they didn't need her anymore.

At least the bad men at the orphanage had been taken to jail where they couldn't hurt her for tattling. Rachel picked up Aimee and CJ, hugged them to her and sighed. She was on her own again, but at least this time, she had *two* children to take care of. Her bear and her doll were her family, and they were all she needed. Rachel began to softly sing something that her momma had taught her a few months ago as she rocked the toys back and forth.
Poor child. thumbsup

Rachel looked down at her baby brother and smiled. "Hello, Jamie. I'm your big sister, Rachel." She leaned down and gave him a kiss on the forehead. "I'm gonna teach you everything--and I'm gonna make sure to keep the bad people away," she promised. "They'll never hurt you like they did me--I love you, Jamie," she said softly.
Beautiful. clap

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Features Writer
Features Writer
Laura,
lovely ending to an extremely poignant story
looking forward to the sequel
merry

A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Wonderful!! I have nothing more to say. clap

Looking forward to the sequel,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Columnist
Columnist
Hi Laura,

Sorry I'm late posting my comments, but I just want to echo all the other posters. This was a great story, sometimes very tense and frightening and sometimes loving, but thankfully it did have a happy ending. smile

I'm glad you're planning a sequel. It will be nice to visit Rachel and her new family again.

Yours Jenni

Kerth
Kerth
Fantastic story Laura wink

yay!!! hyper

Jose wave

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
smile I'm glad ya'll liked it. But since it takes a *long* time to heal from abuse, (some victims never manage) the saga isn't over yet. The sequel, Innocence Lost, is in the works, but due to my hectic class schedule, there's no guarentee when I can have the first chapter out. More about this particular Kent family coming up soon.

Thanks for reading,

Laura

“Rules only make sense if they are both kept and broken. Breaking the rule is one way of observing it.”
--Thomas Moore

"Keep an open mind, I always say. Drives sensible people mad, I know, but what did we ever get from sensible people? Not poetry or art or music, that's for sure."
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I don't think I can even start reading this story. It's one topic I'm too sensative to.

It reminds me of the time when my sister hit me with a metal scissor whenever I gave her a wrong answer. Which gave me a bad case of a mental block, whenever someone tries to give me a fraction problem to solve. I get a mental block.

No, it's not as bad as you think. smile

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
But since it takes a *long* time to heal from abuse, (some victims never manage) the saga isn't over yet.
Exactly! I'm looking forward to see how you handle these stumbling blocks in Rachel's life in your sequel, Laura.

This is a very poignant and difficult topic. You handled it exceptionally well. clap

Lois: Well, I like my quirks. I think they make me unique.
Clark: You certainly are unique.

Clark: You're high maintenance, you know that?
Lois: But I'm worth it!
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Thank you, Ursie. smile My beta readers are working on the first chapter of the sequel, Innocence Lost, so it whould be out next week.

Laura

--Thomas Moore

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard