Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
clap clap clap clap clap clap

That was a truly delightful mix of laughs, oys, and so many knowing and evil grins.

Fantastic conclusion, Nan.

Michael, wondering about what's going to come next wink

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful tale. Delightful ending.
clap clap clap clap

Framework4
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Very nice wrap up Nan!

Clark trying to absorb everything was fun to watch - especially that Lucy knows!

Can't wait to see more in this universe - or any other universe - would be great. Like say, the Second Choice universe...

hehe!

Thanks for the ride!
Carol

Kerth
Kerth
He's really not going to be able to keep up the story when so many other kid heroes, some of them obviously not his kids, come on the scene a few years down the line. Hope they're already working on the next line of defence.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Kerth
Kerth
Great story as always Nan! hyper

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Originally posted by Marcus Rowland:
many other kid heroes, some of them obviously not his kids, come on the scene a few years down the line.
Why obviously? Why wouldn't the world just assume Superman got a number of different women pregnant?

Some might even assume Superman had a number of wives, much as is done in various parts of the world now and happen in much of the world in the past.

Framework4
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Framework4:
Some might even assume Superman had a number of wives, much as is done in various parts of the world now and happen in much of the world in the past.
Hmm, just how many knew about the customs of the royal court of Krypton?

Michael evil

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
They'll have an explanation, and it won't involve Superman being polygamous. <g> But that will come in due time. No point in overloading people with explanations they don't need until it becomes necessary.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Kerth
Kerth
Originally posted by Nan:
They'll have an explanation, and it won't involve Superman being polygamous. <g> But that will come in due time. No point in overloading people with explanations they don't need until it becomes necessary.

Nan
Looking forward to that one, it sounds like it's going to be a beauty smile1

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
What a terrific ending! I hope we see more of the exploits of Wyatt and Marta...I have a feeling they are just beginning to come into their own.

The improptu press conference was great - CJ really has his wits about him.

I'd love to see more of Ben, too. He doesn't seem to be scarred by his traumatic experience, but he still has a lot to deal with.

Thanks for a great story!
Amber

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Great story, though I'm a little sad that its come to an end.

Nan
That means that we can expect more stories in this universe party

Janine

I Do Whatever My Rice Krispies Tell Me To
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Love the story. One question: Since Ben recognized Marta's voice, wouldn't he also have heard her saying she was Superman's kid? So his "apparent" ignorance is just an act, right? After all, you never said he DIDN'T know, only that he appeared not to know.

Or am I reading too much into your word choice? :-)

Jackie

Jackie N.
jacalynsue@zoominternet.net
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Excellent story, Nan! Nice job tying up the loose ends, but plenty of room for a sequel.

I'm in agreement with those who are crying for a sequel. Will you show Lucy and Clark/Lois having a heart-to-heart about her knowing? What about Ben? And all the superkids? As Marcus said, a whole bunch of superkids coming online in the next few years - what's the official story going to be?

Jimmy seems a little precocious with the telepathy - what if he finds out early? Can he keep his mouth shut? What if he blabs?

And I'd like to see more of the Wyatt-Marta romance - will Wyatt ever be threatened by the fact that Marta is so much stronger than he? Or will their telepathic contact mitigate against this?

Lois - she's telepathic - do you want to explore this further?

I forget - do Perry and Jimmy know, in this universe? Can Perry give some advice on shaping the media?

"Superboy" - wow, will that start the tabloids humming!

Again, Nan, a great story. Hope that you post a sequel, or in fact, any Nan story, soon!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great ending to the story, Nan. The final scene was a great wrap up to the Susie's gang issue. If they keep harassing Marta, they are truly dumb.
And congratulations on your Kerth!
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, you know, the whole "kryptonians can't get earth people pregnant" smokescreen is largely to protect the kids since they're, you know, kids. Once they've grown up and into their superpowers it won't be such an issue. Still, I'm looking forward to this explanation Nan's got in mind...

Great story, Nan, and I'm sad to see it end. I hope you'll have something more for us soon, in this universe or any other smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Well, you know, the whole "kryptonians can't get earth people pregnant" smokescreen is largely to protect the kids since they're, you know, kids. Once they've grown up and into their superpowers it won't be such an issue.
Pam, I was going to answer Marcus with that same reasoning, but then I realized that the idea of Kryptonians interbreeding with humans would awaken all those xenophobes who are sure that Superman is creating a race of superbeings who will take over the world. Then again, they'll think that anyway, just from him and Ultrawoman having children. I foresee interesting times in the future in this universe.

Sheila Harper
Hopeless fan of a timeless love story

http://www.sheilaharper.com/
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
yes, I'm looking forward to more stories in this universe, especially the explanations of the aforementioned storylines. great story, as always. Thank you

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I liked the idea of junior high students hanging up pictures of 13-yr-old Superboy in their lockers. Too cute!

Elisabeth
who was a little bit disappinted not to be able to "see" Ben reuinited with his mom

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Good story, Nan. To me, it had the same feel as one of those old Saturday hero serials where every chapter ends with a cliffhanger which is resolved in the next chapter. So it wasn't all that suspenseful, but it was very well written and it definitely brought out some aspects of superkids that I hadn't considered.

I do have a couple of questions (or comments, however you want to read them).

First, Lois got a really bad whack on the head. I have to wonder if that will affect her telepathic abilities at all, either for good or for ill.

(There's a persistent story that Cass Elliot, one of the original Mamas and Papas, couldn't find the high harmony notes the others wanted her to sing until a stove pipe fell on her head and put her in a Jamaican hospital for a few days. I do not know if it's true.)

My second question - or comment, really - is that all of the feedbackers seem to be assuming that all the K-kids will be good people when they grow up and they'll all be heroes. Why are we assuming that? If New Krypton had its share of selfish and brutal psychopaths, why wouldn't at least a few of these kids grow up the same way? And how would the justice systems of the world's countries deal with a situation like that?

Food for thought, that's all. Although it's an interesting premise, don't you think?

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Terry,
I agree that it is incorrect to assume all the kids will be "good" kids. But I don't want Nan to explore that possibility! I'd rather put on the blinders and pretend that in just one universe, the influence of one good person in a child's life will trump all else. I know that in the real world, that is not true.-- There are some terrific parents who raised kids that turned out less than terrific, and it's not the parents' fault how it turned out.

But in fanfic, in this universe, I'd like to hold on to the illusion of goodness winning in the end. Having Superman to lead by example and provide a friendly ear to vent to, should trump all else. Add to that the fact these mothers sacrificed a great deal of themselves to do what they believed was right in bringing their pregnancies to term... we can't have any rogue superkids as a result. smile I'd rather leave that story for the universe where Luthor's parents found Kal-El's ship!

But of course, this is Nan's universe, so I'll trust her to handle it with her usual skill and tact, however she decides to go forward.
Jackie

Jackie

Jackie N.
jacalynsue@zoominternet.net
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard