Print Thread
#6233 09/12/03 08:47 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Just when I was about to post a big ole NAG! smile

Yay, Part 9! dance

Great stuff Taivas..

They leaned in to hug each other, and continued to look into the sky. Martha then said nonchalantly, “If she breaks my boy’s heart, I’ll have to hurt her.”
Aww..love Martha.

Looking forward to more (already?! you're thinking wink )

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
#6234 09/12/03 11:06 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

thumbsup

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#6235 09/12/03 11:48 AM
T
Blogger
Blogger
T
OK, someone already started a comments folder. Let me know what you think of the story and if anybody has any suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks for reading.

- Taivas

#6236 09/13/03 12:08 AM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Taivas

I'm glad to see you posting again. smile1
Another fantastic part! goofy

I'm thoroughly enjoying this and look forward to reading the next part.

Tricia cool

#6237 09/13/03 09:10 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. notworthy

Though, would she really publish his secret if she found out? She was 'Mad Dog Lane', but she really did seem to be a reporter for the sake of making the world a better place. He didn't see her doing something just for the glory or fame. Still, he didn't need the burden of someone else knowing his secret. The last time was bad enough.

But Lois wasn't Lena. At least he didn't think so. He had thought he could trust Lena, but in the end she betrayed that trust. What if his initial impression of Lois was wrong too? How did he know she wouldn't go off and write the story of the year, at his expense? He didn't really know her, and there was no way he was going to trust someone so quickly again.
He know he can trust but is to scare. :rolleyes:

They rode quietly down until, without looking at Clark, Lois asked, “So, Smallville, what do you think of your first couple of days at Planet? Everything you expected?”

Clark chuckled at her question. “Well, I expected that I would need to wait at least a couple of weeks before the first attempt on my life.”

She smiled slyly at his comment. “Just one of the perks of getting to work with me.”
Poor Clark! rotflol

“She’s just a fellow reporter I work with. We’re going there to cover the ball for the newspaper.”

“So, is she pretty?” she asked with a smile.

“Mom! This is work. She’s not my date.”

“Oh. I see.” Then after a beat, “So, is she pretty?”

“I guess so... I didn’t really think about it. She a fellow reporter... a fellow, award-winning reporter. And I’m helping her on a story. And that’s all there is.”

“OK, honey. I understand. So do you get along with her?”

“I guess. She can be a pain sometimes, but we work all right together. And she’s a terrific reporter.”
This is not a good description of Lois. :rolleyes:

“Well, Mom, she’s hard to pin down. She tenacious, and can be a little on the headstrong side. She obviously wants people to think that she’s tough and uncompromising, but her bed is full of stuffed animals. I thought that was strange. And she watches soap operas.”

Martha was about to interrupt and ask Clark something, but Jonathan stopped her by placing a hand on her shoulder, and shaking his head. Clark eyes focused off into infinity as he continued.

“She can be a real pain sometimes, and she hates to accept help. But then again she didn’t say anything about watching over her while she slept.”

Martha’s eyes got very wide, and she opened her mouth to speak, but Jonathan just gripped her shoulder a little tighter.
Poor Martha, she want to know more. laugh

“So, Martha, what do you think?”

Still gazing into the sky, she replied, “I think our boy’s head hasn’t caught up with his heart yet.”

“Yep, he’s in trouble, all right.”
Clark don't want to love. frown

They leaned in to hug each other, and continued to look into the sky. Martha then said nonchalantly, “If she breaks my boy’s heart, I’ll have to hurt her.”

“We’ll see dear, we’ll see.”
I can't see Martha as a person capable of hurting someone. eek

More soon, please.

MAF laugh

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#6238 09/14/03 12:37 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Just gets better and better, Taivas. smile1 )

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#6239 09/15/03 02:33 AM
T
Blogger
Blogger
T
Thanks for the comments. I hope the pacing is OK. And no Maria, Martha really wouldn't hurt anybody, but she has a son who has been nursing a broken heart for over three years.

-- Taivas

#6240 09/15/03 09:22 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Taivas,
another great part
just don't take so long to post the next one
merry

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard