Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Sorcha Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Just keep repeating to yourself...therapy, therapy, therapy!

Death: Easy, Bill. You'll give yourself a heart attack and ruin my vacation.

Meet Joe Black
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Therapy???? For withdrawal-from-Sara-fic symptoms? goofy

Sara, this is just beautiful! I love Lois's thoughts about how Clark has changed her and what love is. Really, really well written.

This made me laugh:
The novel... I’ve almost forgotten what it is, and why I’m reading it. The Time Traveller, by H.G. Wells. Never on my top ten list, I’ll admit, but Clark bet me a few weeks ago that I couldn’t read it. He recently finished it – said that having met the man, we could at least do him the courtesy of reading one of his works – and was scoffing at my choice... which on this particular day happened to be What She Wants, by Cathy Kelly, an Irish writer. Hey, it was the closest one to hand, okay? The week before I had been reading Jane Eyre...
LOL! We have a similar taste in literature; I adore Jane Eyre, but also have every Cathy Kelly book in publication. wink Um... while we're discussing Irish writers, you wouldn't also happen to be a huge fan of Terry Prone's Racing The Moon? goofy

And rofl! laugh at doing Wells the courtesy of reading one of his books, since they've met him!!

Fantastic!!

And now you know that I'm addicted to your writing, you'd better hurry up and finish Unfinished Business, hadn't you? wildguy wildguy

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Top Banana
Top Banana
As you already know, Sara, this fic left me speechless when I read it. Every para left me in complete awe at your ability to catch a feeling that is so strong, so powerful that it's normally impossible to put it into words and give it justice. But you did it. My goodness, you did it, and so well that it made my eyes mist over a few times in the space of a few pages. notworthy

Brilliant, incredible, fantastic, and going straight to my Kerth folder. notworthy notworthy notworthy

Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
Sara,

What can I say?? Wow! And that don't even cover it! Kaethel captured what I wanted to say exactly -- even down to this story going into my Kerth file laugh .

- Laura smile

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
Top Banana
Top Banana
WOW!! Sara, that's amazing, so beautiful! smile1 thumbsup

Could say more, but lost for words. SO what they said, pretty much describes how I feel.

Saskia (off to download that song)

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yeah, what they said... Sara, this was beautiful. I liked how Lois was looking back on denial mixed with progressive degrees of interest <g>

Very lyrical and lovely.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Sara,

I've been sooooo busy with real life that I haven't had time to read-- so have fallen off the LnC bicycle -- but I took a few minutes to read yours and am I glad that I did. What a story to interrupt my being bogged down in the nitty gritty of work, house repairs, family needs, meetings, etc. etc. etc.

It was beautifully written and so incredibly lovely and insightful. I could just feel what it was like to reach out and have that wonderful love next to me.

Your story has jerked me back into knowing how much the wonderful writers of L & C mean to me each and every day -- It's made me realize that I shouldn't skip a day without reading, reading, reading.

Thanks for getting me back on the bicycle.

Barb.

Sorcha Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Whoa…

First of all, I have to thank all you guys for catching this! So hey Wendy, Kae, Laura, Saskia, Pam and Barb!

Therapy???? For withdrawal-from-Sara-fic symptoms?
rotflol

LOL! We have a similar taste in literature; I adore Jane Eyre, but also have every Cathy Kelly book in publication. Um... while we're discussing Irish writers, you wouldn't also happen to be a huge fan of Terry Prone's Racing The Moon?
LOL! Similar tastes in a lot of things, Wendy, I think… would you believe that Racing the Moon is on request at Limerick Co. Library? <g>. Kaethel recommended it to me a while back, and it sounds great!

And now you know that I'm addicted to your writing, you'd better hurry up and finish Unfinished Business, hadn't you?
Did you have to? I mean, did you *absolutely have to?* <g>.

As you already know, Sara, this fic left me speechless when I read it. Every para left me in complete awe at your ability to catch a feeling that is so strong, so powerful that it's normally impossible to put it into words and give it justice. But you did it. My goodness, you did it, and so well that it made my eyes mist over a few times in the space of a few pages.
Awwwwwwwww! blush Thank you! I really don’t deserve all of this to such extent!

Saskia (off to download that song)
LOL! Be sure and tell me what you think... I am totally addicted <g>.

Your story has jerked me back into knowing how much the wonderful writers of L & C mean to me each and every day -- It's made me realize that I shouldn't skip a day without reading, reading, reading.
Awwwwww! I’m glad it got you back on the ‘bicycle’ especially if it encourages you to write more of the Smallville Players... wildguy

I still cant believe how wonderful you people are. Thank you all so much!!!!

Sara [bouncing off the walls!]

Meet Joe Black
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Sara,

This was fantastic. Not only is Anastasia one of my favorite movies, cartoon or otherwise, favorite song, soundtrack or not, but this story had my favorite premise: Lois's internal perspective on what loving Clark is about.

Goodness, too many parts of this story that I enjoyed. Hmmm... I think I enjoyed most was Lois thoughts goofy

Very beautiful interpretation of what Lois would think love is. Very thorough, though if you're going from Lois POV, what isn't?

Good story... and whats this I hear about another story entitled, "Unfinished Business"?

/me goes to the search page to search it up.

Fantastic story, and I hope Pel gets better -- I feel bad because I got better in a day or so, and she seems to still be sick frown .

Again, can't say it enough, fantastic story,

-Jo

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Sara

WOW! This is beautifully written. smile1
It's fantastic.

Tricia cool

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oh, Sara, this was delightful. Beautifully waffy. Definitely in my Kerth folder for next year.
hyper
notworthy notworthy notworthy

LabRat (still choked up and going to see what other delights you've landed in my mailbox... wink )

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Oh, Sara, this is... well, as a smart girl taught me; Oh Sweet Divine Mother of All That Is Pure!! smile1 I'm feeling much better now, thank you very much. At least mentally, thanks to you wink But I'm better physically, too; now I can at least walk around a bit without falling over. <g>

Pelican (who's standing At the Beginning of editing the last few changes to Once Upon a December goofy )

Such a little thing really, a kiss...most people don't give it a moment's consideration. They kiss on meeting, they kiss on parting, that simple touching of flesh is taken entirely for granted as a basic human right.

Susan Kay
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great story. smile1

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Sorcha Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
hyper

And while I’m in this vein… if I don’t see an email in the next couple of days, I’ll borrow Kaethel’s shears, and your the-dog-ate-my-homework, I’ve-been-horribly-sick, get-out-of-jail-free-card will so totally not prevent me from using them this time wildguy

Anyway... I was totally having an anti-depressant day, but after reading this, I’m just bouncing off the walls! Thank you guys for getting me in such a good mood!!!

Sara jump

Meet Joe Black
Features Writer
Features Writer
Sara,
wonderful story and waffy
ditto others
merry

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
I have just come back from a summer away and wasn't going to post until I caught up with everything....but this fic caught me totally by surprise eek
It is absolutely beautiful - filling my L&C-deprived heart with warm fuzzy feelings blush
It is a superb introspection piece that captures the true essence of Lois's love. MORE PLEASE!!!!!!!!! sloppy

HC

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard