Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#62281 04/01/09 05:24 PM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I know, evil cliff-hanger! Now, for those people who shall remain nameless who have been gleefully anticipating the Big Revelation Blow-Up, some thoughts before Part 8:

- This Lois is exhausted. She's been running a mental and emotional marathon since about 9:00 a.m. and it's probably 1:00 or 2:00 in the morning now.

- She has spent all evening being truly loved by a Clark Kent who has never tried to hide part of himself from her. This is not the 'I want Lois to love me for my real self, so I'm not going to actually show her my real self' first- or second-season Clark. This is a grown man with, as far as he's concerned, nothing to hide from his wife.

- She doesn't have much history with the younger Clark. They are work rivals, reluctant partners at best, not really friends yet. So, she has no reason to expect that he *should have* told her The Secret. Nor, really, that she *should have* figured it out.

All this to say, keep an open mind about what comes next ;-)

This *is* my happily ever after.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Aargh! Yes, evil cliffhanger indeed! But it was a very good place to stop, because the next bit will require a full chapter.

And lucky Clark - he gets to face Angry-At-The-Revelation Lois not just once, but twice!

I love how Clark tries to bring back Lois's memories with touch. Gently massaging her, not speaking - just his loving contact. Very romantic, and it shows their deep love for each other.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
LOL I love it and it was a good cliff hanger. It had to come eventually! Very cute story so far.Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Kerth
Kerth
I read all 7 parts together and really enjoyed it. Now I'm wondering what is going to happen when Lois discovers she is actually married to Superman.

I'm assuming Clark has no reason to hide his other identity. The interesting bit will be how she reacts. And if Clark learnt anything from the first time!

Jim and Lucy together is great. Jim instead of Jimmy - I like that a lot.

Keep posting.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I too have just caught up on all seven parts. I'm very much liking this story. The soon to be revelation was the perfect part to end it. Now, we'll get a chance to see how this Lois reacts to finding about her "husband's" second job.

The background with Lucy and Jim and the kids was nice. Can't wait till Lois becomes an instant mother. Will she embrace it, or run scared?

Anxiously waiting for more installments! smile

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Ahhh...Grinch has brought up an interesting question. I've been debating with myself over if/when/how to show Lois interacting with these kids. This story will end before the kids return on Sunday evening, so some options are:

- She doesn't deal with them at all, except just knowing that they exist and feeling the mommy-pressure.

- She doesn't deal with them directly, but she observes Clark interacting with them by phone (on speaker so she hears both sides).

- She's brave enough and/or cornered by the kid and has to talk with him/her herself.

Opinions? Speak up now!
-

G
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
G
Wow! I have been away for a few days, and come back to this! I too have just read all 7 parts - a really cute story - I love time travel stories.
Um, if the story is to end before the children return on Sunday, a LOT must happen in the next couple of chapters? I can't wait, please!! (not-so-subtle-hint)

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Remember, we're still in the first 18 hours here. It's only Wedsneday night (or the wee hours of Thursday morning). And there is a sequel. But, yeah, lots going on.

Columnist
Columnist
Very cute so far. Clark continues to be Clark, solid, dependable and supportive. I am glad you didn't have Lois reject him when he offered to leave the room.

Very touching scene.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Hi. I just got caught up reading all 7 parts, too. I love this story! Very nicely written. thumbsup

On the revelation, I agree with what you wrote at the beginning of this thread. I really don't see any reason for Lois to act with anger.

Regarding the kids, I kind of like your second option. It might be too early for Lois to interact with them directly (depending on where you go with the next chapters), but I very much like the idea of her observing Clark's interaction with them.

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Thanks, Vicki,

I'm loving all the feedback. This story has been sitting on my hard-drive mostly finished for months. I thought posting it would give me the incentive to finish it, and I was right.

I decided that the kids fit better in a sequel, but they're probably on the way. I'm leaning toward option 2 as well. As you can tell, this story happens over a very short period of time, so we'll get them in there somewhere. I think.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
What an evil cliffhanger! More soon. Yeah, having Lois observe Clark interact with the kids would be good. She'd feel like a fake if she tried doing it over the phone. When she sees the children in person, IMHO, that's different and she'll react like a real Mommy. Of course, she doesn't have all the memories of them.
More soon!
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
What a sweet evening.

Clark wouldn't be as upset about her loss of memory this time, because of course it couldn't be as bad as last time and in the past her memory has always come back. I like that he's trying to emulate the positive memory-loss experience they've had, even though he isn't unwilling to seek professional help. He's a great steady-Eddie for her.

Lois confusion over how much is hers and how much is shared is sweet, as well. She can't imagine married person life. It's like a strange HiM experience where one is used to this and one is not.

Elisabeth

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard