Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Very nice chapter! So many complex emotions.

Lois' confusion and acceptance was very realistic... but I keep getting the feeling as if she's closed off some part of her psyche... she is not on the lookout for a new relationship, which is understandable. Although that might change now, since her subconscious has also accepted her breakup now. I also hope her assumption that Clark no longer has feelings toward her is false.

Can't wait for Saturday... so will Lois get a happy ending? (hopefully with Clark) or...?

thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I have been following this story without commenting. (Bad lazy me!) At least I think I haven't commented... not sure. ;-P

But at this point I'd like to say that many chapters ago I played with the thought of Chad ending up with Rachel and Lois with Clark. I kept the thought to myself and am very surprised to see at least part of that idea realized here. I had given up on it when Chad admitted having kissed a colleague (and not Rachel). Seems I should stick to my random ideas more thoroughly, you authors tend to surprise us with interesting turns each and every time.

And to finish this comment: I loved this story - starting from its unique premise to the nearing conclusion. One more chapter to go! I'm very much looking forward to it.

~Sira.

F
Blogger
Blogger
F
Great move to jump forward in time...
Now Clark can court Lois and win her heart, if he has not won it yet.

You really did a believeable job in breaking Chad and Lois up (although it is really a matter of priorities in my opinion, if you need to be more happy in your job or your personal life).

Well, we all know that Lois and Clark are Soulmates and belong together, therfore: Go for it Clark!

A
Columnist
Columnist
A
I just got caught up with this story...what an interesting premise. Definitely thought-provoking.

I think it means something that Chad was the one to move on first. What it means, I'm not sure. But I think this is going to have an effect on Lois's dating attitude.

Looking forward to the last part - this has been a great story!
Amber

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Huh, Chad and Rachel, waddayaknow huh laugh

Loved this and now I wonder what could possibly be in store for part 37 wink

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I still love your portrait of Lois and her feelings. She is so believable and so likable. This is, as you have told us before, a different Lois. The edgy Lois Lane who was scarred by her experiences with Claude and other men who let her down, that Lois isn't here. It has been truly fascinating to meet the Lois who would have been so much happy and at ease with herself, if she had met Chad as a teenager and fallen in love with him, and been happily married to him for several years. Your Lois is considerate and in many ways unselfish. I have loved yuor portrait of her.

Now her Chad has moved on. I would certainly like her to end up with Clark, but considering there is only one part left, I don't see her committing herself and her heart to Clark unless you jump ahead a bit in time again. This Lois feels to deeply to get herself a new man so soon after a breakup that has shaken her to the core of her being.

Ann

R
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
R
excellent story. I am glad you fast forwarded since we could see progress in how they are all processing things. I am looking forward to the last chapter

robinson
A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
Thanks everyone! Sorry for the slow reply. I'm battling anemia (a very common problem when pregnant and probably made worse by being vegetarian), so I catch up on sleep on the weekends and Mondays I'm okay, but as the week goes on I get more and more tired and basically unable to think after about 6. I've been taking new iron supplements though, and definitely feel more awake tonight than normal, so maybe I've finally kicked it. (I've been trying to increase my iron intake for weeks now, but couldn't seem to get quite enough.)

AnKS - I think you are right. Lois didn't intentionally do it, but she did sort of accept that she wasn't in a position to be in a relationship, which was reasonable when she first was getting divorced. But then she never re-evaluated that. Hopefully, seeing Chad move on will help her finally realize it's okay to move on, too.

Sira - Yes, I know. I didn't really do a good job at hiding the Chad/Rachel thing, did I? Although, I try to console myself by thinking that these things might be more surprising if everyone here wasn't looking for a way to get rid of Chad so Lois is available for Clark. wink

I think I mentioned that one of my betas suggested I make the girl Chad kiss be Rachel. My decision to not do so wasn't to throw people off base, though. It was more that I didn't want Chad and Lois' situation to be the same at that point and so I was "saving" Rachel for the real relationship, if that makes any sense.

fuzzy- Thank you! I agree, I think what happened with Chad and Lois was a matter of setting priorities. I think this a large part of why it was so difficult for them. It was hard for either of them to accept that their careers were more important to them than each other. I mean, I think it is more than career as I don't think Chad would be happy at a small town hospital based in Metropolis or Lois at some major newspaper based in a small town, but it's similar. You like to think that your spouse is the most important thing in your life and if you love them, it has to be painful to realize that's not really true. That they alone can't make you happy and so it's best to split up.

amberlea - I'm impressed - did you actually read the whole thing recently? I'm trying to edit it for the archive and am having trouble getting through more than a few pages at a time!

Michael - I think I did promise that by the end of this chapter the rest of the story would probably not be a huge surprise. Oh well, I can live with the fact that I didn't deliver any major curveballs at the end.

Ann - I think you will see some of that in the next chapter - Lois still trying to figure out who she is without Chad, I mean. But, remember the break up was about a year and a half ago now. I think she has moved on in a lot of ways, she just hasn't really thought about it yet.

BTW, I'm so glad you liked this Lois. I know she's very different than canon Lois, but I enjoyed writing her a lot. On the other hand, the Lois in my next story is almost uber-canon Lois and she's fun to write as well, so maybe I just like writing Lois. huh I do feel like I take her character out of her natural state more than I do with Clark.

robinson - Thanks! I have to say fast forwarding was always my intention with this story. I knew I was going to get to a point where it wasn't really worth writing about - seeing Lois eek out an existence for awhile before she moves on and then making baby steps in getting over Chad would just be painful to read. Even when I, for a very long time, played with having her stay with Chad, I thought I'd still need to fastforward to show that they were still together years later. It was actually only supposed to be the last chapter that was fast forwarded, and I did write it all as one, but as it turned out to be twice as long as a normal chapter (and then my betas asked for even more), I ended up breaking it up.

Thanks again for all the amazing feedback. You guys are all so wonderful to write detailed feedback! Given how lazy I am, I really appreciate it!

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Me too wink Looking forward to waff hyper

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard