Next Thread
Print Thread
T
TOC Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Sorry for the short FDK, Nancy, but I've got to say that this was a beautiful chapter. You really showed us the depth of Lois's feelings and made it very believable that, yes, she and Chad probably had to go their separate ways, but no, she isn't in any way ready for a relationship with Clark. She really hurts so much because she and Chad can't be together the way they used to. Life has thrown her a curveball and she just doesn't know when she will be able to look for another man. For now, she misses Chad so much that any attempt to form a romantic relationship with Clark would cheapen her feelings for both Chad and Clark. Your Lois isn't the sort of woman who would betray her true, deep love for Chad like that.

I loved this:

I moved closer to him to wrap my arms around him. “We'll get through this, right?” I asked. “We'll be friends when this is over?”

I felt Chad's head nod above me. “We have to be, don't we?”

“I can't imagine my life without you in it,” I said, looking up. For a moment, I realized those were the same words I had said to Clark, but I brushed the thought away, not wanting Clark to be part of this moment.
Lois can't imagine her life without Clark in it, but she can't imagine her life without Chad in it, either.

Beautiful part, Nancy.

Ann

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I can’t say what I did next was the best thing, but, as I said, my natural instinct is always flight, so faced with the realization that I couldn’t bear the thought of Clark not being in my life, I did the only thing that came naturally to me – I ran away from him.
Nancy, that's a hilarious paradox clap laugh

The ending was reasonable but also quite sad, still, and I guess they won't end up together within two more parts. So this story is going to end with for adults, being more or less friends with each other, huh?

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wow,I'm really loving this story, but I am just wondering when Lois will realize that she and Clark were meant to be together. He has been her rock and they have established a solid friendship first as scripted. I'm just waiting to see how you resolve this!

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
Thanks for the feedback!

Thanks, Ann! I was really worried after feedback from the last chapter that everyone was so ready for a Lois/Clark get together, they would be disappointed when Lois essentially chose to be alone. On the other hand, I felt pretty strongly that it was the only choice Lois could make. I don't see how she could have gotten involved with Clark right now and not have it end up a disaster.

She's been with Chad for years now (I can't recall how many, but about 10, I think) and she's still in love with him. Those seem like big barriers to getting into another relationship to me.

It was similar with the girl who kissed Chad. One of my betas suggested that I make that Rachel and I know lots of people here thought that Chad and Rachel would end up together. But I thought that even if Rachel were attracted to Chad, she would know he wasn't ready for a relationship with someone else and wouldn't have kissed him. It pretty much had to be someone who didn't know him well if they thought that Chad was ready to jump into another relationship when he's still in love with his wife.

Thanks, Michael! You're always so good at picking up on my favorite parts! I have to say, running away from Clark after telling him she couldn't imagine her life without him seemed very Lois to me. Sort of like slamming the door in his face after telling him she had enjoyed their date.

As for what's happening in the next two parts, well, you'll have to keep reading. I think, though, that once you see 36, you'll have it mostly figured out...

Sheila - At least right now, I don't think this is about Lois realizing she and Clark are meant to be together. I think even if she did realize that, it would only make her more determined not to date him right now. She's just not ready, regardless of how she feels about Clark. Dating him, as I said above, would likely be a disaster, as right now, her heart belongs to Chad. She may have some feelings for Clark, but they are new and honestly, do not hold the same sway with her as the feelings she has for Chad.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Nice part! I'm glad Lois and Chad had a more permanent closure (now that I think about it, their goodbye in Smallville wasn't enough).

Also great that Lois and Clark talked about the big elephant in the room. The way I see it, there are several ways this story can go (of course a lot depends on how far into the future you are willing to show us). Or maybe you'll surprise us with something entirely different and fantastic smile

1) Some time in the future: Lois and Clark get together (this had to be number one option laugh )

2) Some time in the future: Lois decides to try dating. Might not be with Clark.

3) Clark dates someone and Lois doesn't like it... so it acts like a catalyst.

4) New Kryptonians come... Clark decides to go as nothing is holding him back here. Lois might / might not stake her claim.

5) Something drastic happens... the Daily Planet is blown up... Lois and Chad find a neutral place and get back together (I know this has too many issues to be resolved) hehe

6) Lois and Clark are best friends nothing more. they have each other to turn to, but are also alone.

7) Chad moves on, which is a catalyst for Lois to move on. Or maybe Chad moves on so that Lois can move on.

Ok, As you can see, I;m just killing time until the new post. Impatiently awaiting the next part.

smile1 thumbsup

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
How about option 5a, AnKS? The DP blows up and Lois is caught inside? Not sure what happens to Clark in this possibility, but if Lois dies, I don't need to figure it out as our narrator is gone. evil

Okay, that isn't the option I went with. You'll have to wait for tomorrow to see which one I did (I will say I wasn't so creative as to come up with something not on your list).

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard