Print Thread
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
FDK goes here smile .

Next post: Probably Monday. Maybe Sunday - we'll have to see.

Chapter 10 Preview
She opened the center drawer to look for a piece of paper and a pen, but instead found something else.

The leather bound journal she'd given him for his birthday. On top of it, held in place with a rubber band, was a slip of paper with her name on it.

She lost the new battle with the tears as she pulled it out of the drawer. She pulled the slip of paper out and opened it.
Thanks smile .
Carol

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Fabulous part! Super happy Clark is alive of course, but oy...amnesia.

Great part,
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Top Banana
Top Banana
Cool part. I was imagining all sorts of things that could happen when he returned. I sure am glad that it was Lois (with M&J) who found Clark.

Amnesia wink ... so we've got shaken... waiting for the stirring, or not stirring laugh

I keep wondering if someone like Lana might take advantage of Clark's amnesia and do what Cat did in the series... thumbsup thumbsup

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Very nice part, Carol. Very nice. You know, I fully expected Clark to not only have amnesia but also to dig up the little, green crystals hidden away on Shuster's Field smile

Funny side note: In "In Sickness and Health" you had Lois with amnesia married to Clark, now Clark has amnesia and is married to Lois smile

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wow, Carol. Another great part! I haven't been commenting on every part but rest assured that I have been following and impatiently chasing the next part.

Clark cringed. "I hadn't planned on telling them an alien was doing their daughter," he whispered.
rotflol I love this line from UP.

Lois leaned over and kissed him softly. "Honey, if you ever mention Lana's name when we're naked together again..."

He winced. "Yeah?"

"It'll be the last time we're naked together for a while."

He laughed. "Deal."
And this one!

I am just wondering how rough this road is going to be for them, considering we only have 7 more parts left. But as usual, Carol, you manage to pull it all together and do something amazing with the ending.

As usual, impatiently waiting for the next part.

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Well, it had to happen, but at least Clark's not wandering lost around Metropolis -- there wouldn't be anyone there to help him!

I liked Jonathan and Lois's conversation, however brief.

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Ahh gahh, Carol. You would, wouldn't you? razz laugh

Now we're waiting for the pregnancy test. Why didn't they tell their parents that they were married before Clark left for space and mislaid his memory out there? wallbash

I'm hopeful that Clark hasn't misplaced all his Kryptonian wits and smarts. After all, he did tell Lois this:

"It means that when I met you I knew that I wanted to marry you. It's part of being Kryptonian, knowing immediately. When Jor-El told me that, I decided to stop focusing so much on convincing you to marry me and just convincing you to let me be your first date and go from there. That's part of the reason why Lana or anyone else never stood a chance. There was no point in dating someone else – I'd only end up hurting them in the long run, because you've always been the only girl for me."
Hopefully at least some part of him knows Lois, even if he doesn't know himself!

All in all, it was a very enjoyable part. I thought the "shooting star" sequence was awesome:

"A shooting star," Jonathan said quietly.

Lois nodded. "It's awfully early for part of the meteor to get here, isn't it?"

They both looked at each other, their eyes suddenly wide. They both looked back at the streak heading towards them.
Wow!!! I can just imagine what it would be like to see a streak of light head right towards you, brightening sharply as it did so!!!! (And just imagine knowing that the streak coming at you is in fact you beloved husband or son!!!) eek eek eek

Very good part, Carol!

Ann

Features Writer
Features Writer
shock ( where's the spalsh icon )
Thank You Carol. Love the part. Now she just waiting until the fish bite. LOL peep

I will and always be a big fan of Lois and Clark forever and forever.
S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
love it love it love it!!!! so hyped for the next part!

Kerth
Kerth
Haven't written a word in like 8 days
Ha! Got ya beat - 12 days and counting. :p

And, yay! More "fated" dialogue (the whole "wow" conversation). Nice!

I thought it perfect that, given the chance to sightsee in Metropolis, they head for The Planet. And I giggled with delight at the Norcross and Judd reference.

I was enthralled with his explanation of why he knew that Lois was "the one". And then you literally made me snort with laughter with "Honey, if you ever mention Lana's name when we're naked together again..." Bwahahahahaha! lol

Their discussion about how they were going to live after the honeymoon was poignant, especially the part about pushing the beds together. <sniffle>

The image of a teenage Clark in a black wetsuit and hiking boots is one that had me laughing all over again. My amusement was quickly dispelled by how tautly written the farewell and "shooting star" parts were written.

And what a place to end it! I guess Martha's gonna have to take him up in the hayloft and push him out to fix him. wink

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
I love that Lois stayed with the Kents while Clark was gone. I am intensely curious what she's going to tell their parents now that Clark has amnesia. I also loved when they realized what the shooting star actually was.

More soon please!

Amber

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Thanks everyone! Look for 10 momentarily.

JD - thanks! Of course amnesia...

AnKS - oo, that would have been bad if Shuster or the Irigs had found him or something... Would Lana do that?

Michael - yes I did that in ISAH didn't I? No, no little green crystals. Not not now anyway.

Sheila! So glad to have you! Thanks to you, I've now edited UP wink . I was so sure that was an OTOH line [and it may be in there too I suppose, but you're right]. I knew the second one was a UP reference, though not a quote.

Amy - hehe - can't you just imagine - naked Clark in Metropolis at 18 and no clue...

Ann - I wouldn't what?! Even knowing it's your *invulnerable* husband or son, it would be freaky!

lovesuper - Thanks!

Sarah - thanks!

Sue - /sigh/ Am I going to have to withhold Shaken again to get your muse working? I'm up to 6 words... Where else would Lois Lane go when she's in Metropolis wink ?

Amber - thank you!

Look for 10 in a few minutes!
Carol

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard