Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Beth S. Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Thanks to everyone who left feedback on the last chapter. I wish I had more time to reply fully but life continues to cut into the time I can fit in for fic stuff. (two more weeks of classes!!!) And right now I'm barely coherent enough to type this. (on that note, I hope my pre-posting edits make sense...)

Anyway, what do you think of this one?

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Good chapter, Beth! I'm glad that nothing happened between Lois and Kal. Not that I expected anything to happen, but really, Kal totally unprepared for any sort of intimacy at this stage. If he had succumbed to Lois's advances, I'm sure he would have run away from her, and maybe he would never have come back.

I'm glad Kal took care of Miranda och the 100% solution.

I had to giggle at this:

The worst part about it was that she wasn’t even sure if he was attracted to humans. It was one thing to be shamelessly throwing herself at someone who might appreciate a part of it, even from an objective standpoint. It was another thing entirely to be throwing herself at someone who would have no appreciation for it whatsoever.

It seemed silly to her, but that’s just the way it was. Maybe it was a feminine pride thing.
Well, Kal really is attracted to her, and I'm very glad to see it. But like I said, he is so not ready for a romantic relationship:

Lois, I am not interested in romance with anyone here on Earth.”

“But… You said there’s attraction…”

“Yes, there is that. But I can’t ignore the reason why I was sent here.”

“The reason?” she asked with curiosity. Up until now, she had thought that he was sent here because it was the only planet his parents knew of that he could live on.

Kal sighed. “My parents sent me here with the hope that I would use my abilities to help people here on Earth. They knew that the yellow sun would give me these strange abilities, and they hoped that I would use them for the greater good. A romantic relationship would only distract me from that purpose.”
wallbash wallbash wallbash

Lois described Kal perfectly here:

“Who wouldn’t want a relationship with a moody alien who has such severe survivor’s guilt and PTSD and whatever else that the thought of living a life is just too terrible for him to comprehend.”
Lois is right, Kal suffers from survivor's guilt and PSTD and perhaps a few other diagnoses as well. But as Lois also noted, telling him so won't help. Kal isn't open to reasoning about this. He has to be shown that he can love and be loved. He has to feel a lot of love, and hopefully the sort of love that doesn't make many demands on him, before he can be ready to give love in a romantic way.

Hopefully, though, even this Kal is Lois's soulmate, and therefore some part of him will hopefully respond well to the fact that Lois wants him to find love for himself here on Earth. With her, hopefully. Wouldn't that be nice, Kal?

Ann

A
Columnist
Columnist
A
Very interesting...

So assuming the "him" Miranda referred to was Lex, who was the woman he was with? And did Miranda spray him? And did he have her killed?

I love how you've switched Lois and "Clark" when it comes to relationships. Lois seems to be more open and trusting, probably largely thanks to her time with the Kents, and Kal is the one with emotional scarring. Obviously they're attracted to each other, and they've just all but said so outright. But Lois definitely pegged him and his psychological troubles in her own particular fashion!

This part was great, and I'm looking forward to more! I'm especially looking forward to when Lois decides to really make getting Kal to have a life her "project!"

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
An interesting take on the episode. I'm very happy that Lois' isn't too humiliated through the ordeal. I wonder how Miranda's death will change things.

Elisabeth

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A very good part. It's so hard to admit one's feelings anyway, to expose oneself to the risk of rejection. As others have said, the roles are reversed here. Lois is the one taking the plunge, admitting what she feels (although it was forced from her by the pheromone, she's honest enough to admit it.) And then Kal responds that he feels an attraction!

But the whole thing about PTSD and survivor's guilt is right on target. Kal has a lot to work through.

I'm loving this excellent fic. Good psychological study of our characters.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Loved this post!

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Very enjoyable part, Beth, and now I wonder who the mystery woman is. Mrs. Cox? Dr. Kelly? Ariana Carlin?

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Top Banana
Top Banana
I loved Lois' description of Kal as a moody alien laugh

thumbsup thumbsup

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
NEED MORE!! dance

Second reaction: This fic rocks! dance dance

And finally: Wha-? Where's the rest?? You left me there?!!!! eek

So Beth, please don't leave me hanging! grovel This fic is AWESOME, and you need to post more ASAP.

~•~
Beth S. Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Thanks so much everyone for the comments! I'm so happy to see people reading and enjoying. I completely agree with the assessment that having Kal cave to temptation would be a very bad thing right now. Kal does need a lot of time to adjust to life here before anything like that happens.

Queenie, glad to see that Carol managed to hook a new reader into this. But I'm afraid I have to disappoint you and bow out of posting this week. School is wrapping up which means I have a bunch of stuff to do and I really need to focus and take time to do that so I don't end up getting sick. I'll post as soon as I've made it through. Next week for sure.

Thanks in advance for being patient, guys!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard