Page 1 of 2 1 2
#61323 03/05/09 10:57 AM
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Sue - glad to hear you're doing a bit better! So sorry to hear about the accident, but glad you're on the road to recovery!

Wonderful! I'm glad Flois told Plark about it even though I have no clue what it's going to do to them. And that kiss... and the whole date between the almost first date and the first date thing was great too!

Lois cooking!!! WOOHOO!!!

More soon - as soon as you're up to it please!
Carol

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Sue, this is wonderful. Loved it. Read it 3 times, in fact smile Loved how she said so much in so few words: "I also know about you." "Me?" "You." Such efficient dialog! goofy but it was also perfect. Ditto with the "really"s at the end of that section...

Please don't make us wait another month for part 6...

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
yayayyayayaay! hyper

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I'm sorry to hear about the car accident. I hope you're feeling better. Your skill hasn't suffered in the slightest though; this was just as brilliant as always! I generally avoid WIP's, but I just couldn't resist a Sue fic. I absolutely adore Flois and Plark. Gives me a big goofy grin laugh

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Yes!!! More Ricochet!!!

I'm writing this in the morning before I go to work, and I don't have much time, but I just have to quote this:

She could still remember clearly what was supposed to have happened, but her life now felt just like her apartment - both familiar and strange.
It's absolutely, totally weird to come back to what used to be your apartment after someone else has moved in there and changed everything. Now Lois's own life feels like that. Of course, the one who has really suffered that fate is Plois. Flois has just been sent back to her home in the past that she had put behind her. She is the one who has changed, but her apartment is the same, and it doesn't fit her any more.

I totally loved how Flois took charge in asking Clark for a date! And she cooked Martha's chicken for him! smile1 dance

And Lois spilled the beans, so now Clark knows. But really, as for this "going home" business - that's what this fic is about, isn't it? It's about the fact that sometimes you can't go home again. ET may have gone home again, but Flois and Plois will have to stay where they are. They will have to make a new home for themselves where they have ended up. But at least, they will build their new homes with Clark by their side. Because when all is said and done, Clark is Lois's home.

Fabulous fic!

Ann

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I just learned about the accident and am sorry to hear about your suffering. Will certainly keep you in my prayers.

Lois is so off-base without having Clark around to turn to after Luthor's death. It's such a profound picture of how marriage provides that rock-solid foundation for her. Even as she calls Clark on the phone she can see that it's more than she should be asking of him at this time in their relationship. I love how he shyly tries to meet that need anyway. Spring cleaning? Not really, but that's okay for them.

Your dialogue was fabulous, as always.
Lois laughed and winked at him. "I never cook and tell."
Lois' confidence is so refreshing. I love the perverse pleasure she gains from keeping him off-balance. Yes, it's fun for us all.

Her nervousness when her wedding ring is discovered is equally uncomfortable. It's nice, though, when Clark takes the lead and sets her back in her comfort zone.

Lois' indignation at being saddled with a story about parking tickets is hilarious. Of course, that would totally be beneath her, if only it wasn't a full-fledged scandal that she had begun to uncover all by herself. Brilliant!

Elisabeth

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Fabulous story getting fabulouser (new word). I had to reread the whole story to get the full impact. Oh it was great. I have a hunch where it is going, but I won't read and tell.
Wait, is that a little bespectacled man in a bowler hat at my front door?
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ditto everything Carol said, very glad Future Lois spilled the secrets...I guess it can't really hurt now that Lex is dead!

And I'm so sorry to hear about the accident!! Very glad to hear you're on the road to recovery.

God bless,
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I loved every minute you spent on Flois - specifically her nervous energy and indecision about calling Clark (which I fully believe she would have done as Plois anyway, just not with the *conscious* knowledge that Clark would calm and reassure her).

Watching Plois with Flark is fun and interesting, but I'm so glad you spent more time with Flois and Plark. Can I just say how *satisfying* it is to see Flois fulfilling all of Plark's dreams?

It's not just the UST, either (although her flirting in the newsroom and on their date were GREAT!), it was seeing his doubts and fears that she really loved Lex and/or married Lex; it made me snuffle.

Although I can understand why she told him, I can't believe she told him. She must really believe that her future is jacked-up anyway.

Oh, and this:
She felt the heat of his breath and then the light brush of his lips. For a second or two that was enough, and then it wasn't nearly enough. Lois wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him back. She sensed his hesitation, but only for a moment, before his arms closed around her and he deepened the kiss.

Lois moaned into his mouth, thrilled by the discovery that Clark had always kissed her like this - it wasn't something that they had perfected over countless hours of making out. This kiss had been worth the entire trip back in time. She pushed against him, backing him up against the counter as her fingers tangled in his hair so she could kiss him even more thoroughly.
drool Oh...the kisses! and not stalling and going for it TONIGHT! Hum, baby! Come back soon with part 6, okay?

BJ

Kerth
Kerth
I can't really do an FDK dance right now (and, yes, I actually do have one), so you're all getting the abbreviated version which consists mostly of clapping and squeals of delight. clap My thanks in advance to everyone for their well wishes - I'm really touched. blush

Carol - I'm glad Flois told Plark about it even though I have no clue what it's going to do to them. I'd tell you now, but it would ruin the surprise. wink

Pam - Thanks! I'm glad the succinct dialogue worked for you. It didn't really seem like a time for a flowery speech. Please don't make us wait another month for part 6... Oh, I shan't! I actually meant to post a lot sooner, but, well… We're finally to the part of the story that was written first, so other than some compulsive polishing, it's pretty much ready to go.

Joy - It would appear we've both made each other happy. laugh

Rona - Thanks for taking a chance on a WIP, I appreciate that immensely and I won't let you down.

Ann - Yes, in a way, Clark is Lois' home. So there is something to this: But really, as for this "going home" business - that's what this fic is about, isn't it? It's about the fact that sometimes you can't go home again. Uh… no comment. cool

Elisabeth - Oooh! You've picked up on some of my favorite details - that Flois relies on Clark and their marriage as a foundation. And that, given the opportunity, she can't resist teasing him, just a little, for those years when he had the secret and she didn't.

Artemis - So "fabulouser" is the new "chumpy"? (Would you believe that spellcheck doesn't recognize either of them?) Tell Wells that he needs to head in my direction soon - he's got some 'splaining to do.

Jen - Heh - yeah, once Luthor was dead, all bets were off.

Brenda - The reason Lois didn't want to stall was because she was hoping that, by telling Clark, she would somehow get back. So there's stalling and there's stalling. And there's going for it tonight and going for it tonight. In this case, I don't think she'd really go for it with Clark just-like-that. He needs some time to get adjusted to everything he just learned. And after that? Ohhhhh baby - if you think Flois is fulfilling all Plark's little dreams now… Like I said - some of the stuff I wrote first, the twisted little daydreams I just wanted to put into words, are up next. <heh>

I'll make you a deal - part 6 for part 16. :p

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
some of the stuff I wrote first, the twisted little daydreams I just wanted to put into words, are up next. <heh>
Woohoo!! Bring it on, baby!

I'll make you a deal - part 6 for part 16.
Ah, man. That's ... that's just mean. And extortion. I shall resist.

Maybe.

S
sjp Offline
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
S
I absolutely love this story! I even read it at work today on my mobile phone laugh

Looking forward to the next part!! smile1

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Do not resist. It's a good deal... Master of Disguise for Ricochet sounds like a fabulous deal to me.

Carol

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
So sorry to hear about you accident, Sue frown

So Clark-that-was finally noticed something's off goofy And Lois-that-will-be snapped. Now, what's going to happen to them huh And then there's Lois-that-was and her enterprising ways laugh

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Kerth
Kerth
I'm really enjoying it all, but particularly the 1995 bits.

My favourite part - when 1998 Lois, married and completely certain of her feelings and his, kisses 1995 Clark, single, certain of his feelings, but desperately uncertain of hers.

After the kiss, you hit us with

"Clark looked stunned ..."

I bet he was a lot more than stunned!!

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I loved this chapter. So glad that you're feeling better Sue. Since we've been good and given you lots of feedback, we're gonna get the remaining chapters in a row without the wait right?

Only you could make washing dishes romantic and sexy. smile In the midst of the suds, we have WAFFY Clark and Lois action. Sigh.

The problem I've always had with time travel stories is when future Lois encounters past Clark, she can't look at him without having love in her eyes. Now, he knows that they get married in the future. Hopefully, he won't end up heart-broken like alt-Clark did.

On the other hand, we have miserable Lois in 1998 and 1998 Clark who's incomplete without his wife. Now, we just need to get past Lois to fall in love with future Clark...

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow Sue sorry to hear about your accident. I hope you are on your way to a full recovery. The story is great! I love Lois telling Clark she marries him. that was a very sweet segment. Good job. take care of yourself! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wait, is that a little bespectacled man in a bowler hat at my front door?
I answered the door and said "No, you have the wrong house. You're supposed to go to Sue's."
He mumbled "Oh, Dear. I have the wrong address!"
He saw the mirror on my courtyard wall, walked toward it and disappeared! So he'll probably be showing up soon. Unless he gets lost again.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Kerth
Kerth
Brenda - Mean? No! Extortion? Not at all! I'm just desperate, woman! DESPERATE!

sjp - For some reason, the thought that someone was reading my story over their phone just tickles me to no end. Hee!

Carol - And it looks like our pleas have not fallen on deaf ears. I'm just killing time until Brenda posts the next part. Any minute now… thumbsup

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Okay Sue. I'll make the plea official here. I've got cookies. I'd offer fic but I think chocolate might be a better incentive. You said 'tonight' - it's tonight!!!!

Get back here!!! wink

Carol [who did finish said as yet untitled fic but is waiting to get it back from betas before making major edits]

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard