Pulitzer
C
FDK goes here smile .

Next scheduled post:
Tuesday, either before 9AM ET or after 4PM

Chapter 36 Preview
~*~Clark~*~

"Who are you and why are you sneaking around my sons' room?"

The other version of me was standing there with a bat on his shoulder.

"Are they your sons?" I asked him quietly, saying the first thing that came to mind. "Or mine?"

I could see his grip on the bat tighten to the point that he was starting to leave imprints on the metal.
Thanks smile .
Carol

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Here's a scary thought.

The "other" Lois and Clark have adjusted to their alternate lives so well that they don't want to leave. And maybe that "other" Lois is pregnant, too.

And that sneaky little preview hints at that very scenario. Of course, the "other" Clark just might be so excited about going home to Lana that he's crushing the bat due to shock and excitement.

Bernie's right, Ashley is brilliant. Why did the lunkhead ever break up with her? He should fall to his knees and beg her forgiveness for whatever it was he did to split them up. If nothing else, this little "time vacation" will give Bernie and Ashley and reason to be together. And now there's a Superman in that world, too, so if the "other" Clark wants to, he can just put on the Suit and go for it.

Of course, that presupposes that everybody wants to go home. It also presupposes that the "other" Lois and Clark haven't screwed up their personal lives so badly that "our" Lois and Clark can't put them back together again.

Good story, Carol. And if you don't mind, see if you can get somebody to drop a house on Tempus while we're still flitting around universes.

Impatiently awaiting the next chapter.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Merriwether
Merriwether
YAY! I'm glad they finally figured it out! Or so it seems, from the preview. Boy, what a tangled mess that's going to have to be straightened out.

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Boy, Terry's an evil thinker. True, but evil.

And Carol don't worry about the reading impaired. I'm sure the dates would be fine if I was reading this in one shot, but since it's day-to-day posting, it has to get mingled in with RL. :p

Eee, looking forward to the Clarks confrontation! Who even knows what everyone will be thinking...

Great part,
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Okay, Carol, I've officially decided that you're evil. You let them go back home but only *after* this L&C have divorced Lana & ditched Joe, and probably *after* the other L&C have gotten divorced, themselves! Which means that had time for one quickie before heading into a universe where Clark has probably been making time with Lana....

They're never going to have sex again, are they? You'll just keep jerking them around to universes where Clark is married to someone else.

Like I said... evil.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
Wow, I never expected you to let them live in that universe for so long! (Not good, bad, or otherwise, just surprising to me.)

Leave it to one of the girls to have to figure out the time travel device.

Very interested to see what happens when they meet up with their alternate selves...

Amber

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
It's too bad they didn't figure this out until after Clark divorced Lana and married Lois.

But, would the Lois and Clark of the other universe have got divorced too? I would think that would be more complicated, because they have kids there.
Still, I find it hard to believe they would be comfortable being married anymore than OTOH Lois and Clark being married to Lana and engaged to Joe. On the Other Hand smile , their siginificant others in THAT universe are in love with other people by now. So they couldn't gravitate to them easily the way OTOH Lois and Clark did in the universe they were thrown into.
But that doesn't mean they didn't at least START divorce proceedings anyway.

On the Other Hand smile , the preview indicates the Clark that married Lana adapted to having children well, even if their not with Lana. (I suppose that makes sense, given how eager ANY Clark is to have kids.)
Would that mean he adapted to being married to Lois as well? I would think that would take a little longer than a few months. But still...

S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
you're just going to return them to before everything happens, right? just like in the series where they go back but come forward again like nothing happened?!!! i feel for chris and nate, this is one heck of a bumpy ride...

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
dizzy evil

F1? *F* *1* ?! I can't believe it. Carol that is the most hilarious deus ex machina I've ever seen.

And as for the possible implications pointed out above, /points to smilies in post/

Oh, and I sort of think that maybe they ruined U1 by keeping Ellen, Lucy, and Dave alive huh

Michael

PS: I got both the week and the three months blush

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Features Writer
Features Writer
Great parts Carol. Been busy ith school and the wedding. want to show you an pic of my dress but don't know how to copy the pic

I will and always be a big fan of Lois and Clark forever and forever.
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
/waves to everyone/

Terry - it's very possible... Maybe... Maybe not... Yes, Ashley's brilliant. House on Tempus... Hmmm... That could be fun!

Karen - /whistles/

JD - Terry is evil. Not me. Never me. Hope the Clarks lives up to expectations...

Pam - well, you're not reading anyway so... wink As for the other Lois and Clark that are in 'our' OTOH universe... /whistles/ I've said before I have snippets of that story in my head that haven't been translated to screen... maybe soon...

Amber - of course it was a girl! wink

Sara - We'll see some of what's happened with the other L/C in 'our' universe before this fic is out. See response to Pam for more wink . Maybe someday...

Sarah - /whistles/

Michael - I'm so glad you liked the F1 thing. I giggled hysterically at it wink . Was afraid it was just me though...

Lovesuper - congrats!!! Glad you're enjoying and I certainly understand - school and weddings will certainly keep you busy!

Thanks guys! More tomorrow. Hopefully in the AM but we'll see...

Carol

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Sorry guys.

Running way late.

Be back after 4PM ET or so...

Carol

rkn Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Noooooo!!! It's my birthday and I want my story now!!

Okay, I'll be waiting impatiently. smile1

thanks!

rkn
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Hehe!

Sorry was one of those days from the get go.

Woke up 10 minutes after DD7's bus went by [715, we woke up at 725]. The alarm is on DH's side of the bed so I blame him wink . Bus woke DD5 up but she just came and laid on the couch...

Have to be out the door by 815 anyway, but now have to take DD7 to school [starts at 8] which is 4 miles the *other* direction. DH stays in bed then wonders why I'm cranky 20m later as I try to get 5 of us ready to go in 45m or less. He gets up and makes two PBJs and tosses lunches in bags for two of us. Hands DD3 a banana.

Get DD7 to school about 810 or so. Take other kids to daycare. Not running too late. Class doesn't start till 10 but if I want a parking spot that's not 18 miles away...

Van won't start. Call DH. "Are you serious?" "No, I'm kidding. I thought it would be funny after sitting on the side of the highway with it a week and a half ago." [Okay, I didn't say the second part but I did the first.] He had to be in court at 915 [as a part of the team for one of the kids he works with not because he did something bad or whatever] but came and jumped the van.

Almost get rear ended by big semi who doesn't think that my turn signal being on for 2 blocks is enough reason to slow down - never mind that he was going at least 10m over the speed limit by then...

Get to school. Teach class. All the clocks in the building are still set to 1200 which is annoying.

Go outside.

Van won't start. Call DH who's on his way but there's no way he's going to be able to jump it the way it's parked so call security and they bring a portable charger thing out. Finally starts.

Have about 30 minutes to get about 20 miles including a stop to get kids. Mostly in town with lots of lights.

Leave school. Talking to DH on the cell phones, decide to switch cars for now. Stop at his work [which is on the way but b/c of when we decided to do it I ended up going the really slow way]. Switch cars. Pull up to daycare. Kids are waiting [with my lunch which I left in her fridge cuz it's 70* today].

Take them to school. DD5 is 20m late. DD3 is 10m late [she starts 10m later]. Take big deep cleansing breaths because I now have nearly an hour to get back to school and it only takes about 20m because going back is much easier - can go ways with higher speed limits/less lights.

Teach second class. Go back to DH's work. Trade vehicles again. Pick up DS from daycare. About 10m late picking up DD5 and 5m late picking up DD3 but they knew I was having car problems and might be running late.

*Think* DH got it fixed this time. The battery's been checked several times recently and is good. The alternator was checked 10 days ago and is good. The serpentine belt was replaced at the same time. Think cleaning the terminals really well and tightening the doohickeys will do it this time b/c one was pretty loose.

And that's my day today and why I'm just now getting around to posting... wink

Carol

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
dizzy The entropy of stress sounds familiar.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard