OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
FDK goes here smile .

Next scheduled post:
Monday, 10-noon ET

Chapter 35 Preview
~*~Clark~*~

"Wait," I said suddenly. "I need to go get my parents. They need to be here for this." I looked at Lois. "Call them while I head that way?" She nodded. "Bernie, will you make sure they get home if something happens and I can't?"

"Of course."

I was gone in a flash.
Thanks smile .
Carol

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I like your story even if I haven't read from the beginning.
But... shouldn't the next chapter be the 35th?
laugh

I felt so sorry for Lois and Clark. I hope they will get back with Lois' whole family alive.

Kathryn
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
EEK!

Thanks wink .

Carol

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
This chapter was so emotional.

I liked how Lois and Clark were so eager to get married again. (Of course, that makes sense, if they've been there for four months!)

I loved how Lois much it meant to Lois to spend Easter with her mother Lucy, and Dave, but at the same time it tore at her heart that her sons weren't there.

She's right, Nate is probably walking by now. That's so sad that they both missed his first steps!

And I liked that Lois is obviously worried about how her kids are coping, too.

Not sure how I feel about this, though.
I shrugged. "Not too bad. I've been worse, but I think it's starting to get a bit better. I'm just hoping to avoid bed rest this time." I wasn't sure why but the all-day sickness hadn't been quite so bad this time, but I was already nearly seventeen weeks already and it hadn't been debilitating like it had been with the boys.
Some women DO have different synmtoms in different pregnacies, so it's possible that's what it is.

But, given the difference in her relationship with Clark, I think the implication is that she's not as sick for that reason.
The idea has merit, to a certain extent.
Clark is probably making sure she's eating better, etc. which would help her.

Still, On the Other Hand smile , they haven't been sleeping in the same bed. That means Clark can't give her backrubs in bed, etc. like he did when she was pregnant with Nate. (Although he has probably given her some out of the bed...or would that be too far since their not married?
I'm not sure where the "line" is here on their phsyical relationship between filing for divorce and getting remarried.)

Besides, I'm not sure I like the implication that the severity of pregnacy nausea is related to the attention of the father.
Like I said, there are things Clark can do, yes.
But really, it's going to be there or not, severe or not, on it's own.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Pardon my retardedness, I didn't realize they'd been there for four months. Just adds to the heartache!

Great stuff,
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Top Banana
Top Banana
It's already April! smile1

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
/waves/

Thanks smile .

Kathryn - so glad you're reading!

Sara - I'm going with just a different pregnancy. It's possible if this is a girl that's part of the reason - I wasn't really very sick with any of my girls but was with my son, but each girl was different too. So it's just a different pregnancy in my book.

JD - There was the 'April' at the beginning of the chapter. Does it need to be more obvious in the text?

AnKS - As for the other L/C, we don't know what's happened in the original OTOH universe so...

More soon!
Carol

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boy, you let them jump ahead and right to the divorce. And LOL to the cabin clap

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard