C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
FDK goes here.

Next scheduled post:
Tomorrow, sometime. Either before 11AM ET [unlikely but possible]or 4-6PMish [more likely thought possible it may be a little bit later...]

Chapter 34 Preview
~*~Lois~*~

He stopped and his head tilted to one side.

"What?" I asked him.

"He thinks he's got something."
Thanks smile .

Carol

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I think that kiss went over surprisingly well but it does feel eerie to see them settling in.

Michael smile1

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I liked how Clark kissed Lana. It felt just right. And I still feel very sorry for Lana. I hope she will get her real husband back, and like Sara, I would be happy if he didn't divorce her. On the other hand(!), I can understand if he does.

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Breakin' my heart, Carol! I hope Lana and Joe can find their sig. others.

Great part,
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I'm a little surprised that Lana and Clark have started divorce proceeds so quickly. I was under the impression they were going to wait at least a week before making changes like that. IT IS going to be harder for this universe's Clark if he comes back. (This is assuming, of course, that he doesn't want to divorce Lana anyway. I REALLY hope he doesn't.)

Of course, it's not impossible for couples to have reconciliation in the middle of divorce or even after. So if he gets back, the general public would just think that's what happened. It will make life HARDER, but not impossible.

Still, I have to say I can understand why they did it. In the first, place like I have said before, since Lois is pregnant, she is going to need Clark's support. The main reason why they wanted to get pregnant again was to exprience it as real couple. That's going to be hard if Clark is still married to someone else.

And then they have the issue of HOW long they should have waited. One week? Two? Two in a half? The just "one more day/week" would be hard to break.

Plus, I think the longer they keep getting a "no" when they try to find a way back, the more they want to look to each other for emotional support. And that's something Clark can't bring himself to do in a real way while he's married to Lana.

Oh, and speaking of Lois being pregnant, I'm hoping it's a girl this time. They have two very nice, adorable little boys arleady. It would be nice if they had girl as well.

Besides, I really don't know how long they will spend in this universe. I'm torn between wanting to see how things play out here long term, and wanting them to get back to their sons as soon as possible.
BUT if they do spend a significant time in this universe (enough time so the new baby will be born), like I have said before, their new child will likely feel like a replacement for Christopher and Nate.
Although it will still probably hurt anyway, I think it would be less if it was a girl (a different gender than the kids they have - and hence remind them less of what they lost).

Oh, and I liked this, Carol.
I missed my sons. I hated that someone else was going to play dad to them for however long we were here. I hated that they might be scared and confused and having separation anxiety in the extreme.

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
/whispers before going to make dinner for very whiny children/

It has been a week. I'll make that more clear. There's the date transition [Jan] and that Joe had accepted it several days earlier but it doesn't say 'we'd been here a week now' or something.

Carol

A
Columnist
Columnist
A
I feel sorry for everyone in this story right now...

Can't wait to see how this ends!

Amber

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
/whispers before going to make dinner for very whiny children/

It has been a week. I'll make that more clear. There's the date transition [Jan] and that Joe had accepted it several days earlier but it doesn't say 'we'd been here a week now' or something.
After reading this a second time, I see that. I did read it pretty quickly this morning before I went to work and wrote my response based on that.

Still, I admit, a more direct clarification of how long they had been there would be helplful.
Thanks.

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
/whispers as whiny kids play Wii while dinner is on the stove/

Okay - will do that in the final draft smile .

Carol

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
My guess is that Van's "got something," although it might also be Sam yelling for Clark because he just had a brainstorm. And I'm guessing they haven't pressed the "no place like home" button yet.

If I were in Clark's shoes, I don't know how I'd deal with the thought of not seeing my kids again. Mine are pretty much grown now, but still...

I'm still trying to figure out if Clark and Lois created all those different timelines by jumping around or if they were there all the time. The theory that every decision which could be made in a different way creating one or more new timelines is absurd. Where would all of them go? You'd very quickly reach the point of multiple branchings from each new timeline, and there would be no way for a finite universe to contain them all. And we're just thinking about human decisions. What about a different universe because a lion decided to take one gazelle over another? Or because a shark picked off one seal over another? It seems to me that all of these universes came into being because of Tempus and his idiocy, and "fixing" the original universe might eliminate all the alternate realities completely.

Then again, it might not. Maybe, once they come into being, they stay. And that would be sad, because Lois and Clark aren't happy together in any of them. And we don't know how many others Tempus has spawned with his fiddling around.

Where's Andrus when you need him? Is he attending yet another M*A*S*H reunion? Bring on the next chapter!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Shh.... Terry. You're thinking way too hard about the time travel, universe thing.

Go with it wink .

Carol

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
[got mixed up in fdk threads]

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard