OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
FDK goes here smile .

Next scheduled post:
Monday, 10-noon ET

Chapter 28 Preview
~*~Clark~*~

I took a deep breath and started to knock on the door to the veranda when it jerked open.

"What do you want?" an angry younger version of me demanded.

I winced. "You're not happy with me?"

He just glared and turned to go back inside. "You lied to me."
Thanks smile .

Carol

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
LOL!!!! on the preview. I guess he figured out Lois is preggers again, huh?

Loved the part. Never saw Clark and Lois trying to date coming and I'm still not convinced that the puppeteering won't have serious repercussions. Can't wait for Monday and I hope you'll have a fun Superbowl Sunday smile

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Merriwether
Merriwether
You know, they keep making changes to this timeline in order for it to be back where they want to be, but I'm wondering. When they went back to the present, they saw themselves. So does this mean they're actually messing with an alternate timeline?

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I think that 'the other' Lois and Clark were starting to create a life for themselves that might have turned out pretty good. I like that Clark told Lois that he wanted to date her, and I liked that they discussed the possibility that Christopher was Clark's son. And it was good that Clark admitted to Lois that he was no longer in love with Lana. So all in all, younger Clark and Lois seemed to be doing pretty well on their own. I think that, on balance, the life that these two seemed to be building for themselves could have been as good as the one that present-day Lois and Clark have (or had, until Tempus messed everything up). What I'm saying is that I have some doubts about Lois and Clark's puppeteering of their younger selves.

Unless, of course, it is critically important that Nate is born. Maybe some momentous event can't happen unless he exists. Of course, it could just be that Lois and Clark want him back, which is why they try to steer their younger selves down a path where they will create him. I would like to point out, however, that Lois had a daughter by Joe, and the little girl's disapperance is to be mourned as much as Nate's.

But of course, I don't blame 'our' Lois for wanting her youngest son back.

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Still with you, Carol!

Nice parts,
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Carol,
I believe this is my favorite part yet. I can't really explain why but it feels just right. smile

Loved Lois and Clark on the beach and the "I would like to date you" conversation between their younger selves. While life isn't peaches for them right now, they try to make the most of it.

Of course our Lois and Clark want their Nate back. I am just still not sure that once their younger selves recreate the life of our Lois and Clark, everything will be solved. I still worry that even then, the other Lois and Clark will be there at the house when they come back to present day christmas. That would be bad...

As for my vacations... I am somewhat lucky in that regard. I get 27 paid vacation days here in Germany and since I still have 11 days left over from last year, I have to take them before the end of February. wink Going to the south of Spain this time. My friend and I are renting a car and going exploring Malaga, Sevilla and the coast on our own. I am so looking forward to it! wave

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I think Lois and Joe's daughter still exists in that reality. Lois and Clark thought it was strange, but they also said "it seems this version of us are happy being married to Joe and Lana." Now the Lois who is traveling through time doesn't really care about her, because she isn't HER daughter and she doesn't know the little girl. But, Lois and Clark didn't DO anything to that reality other than go back and change Latislan so they would get married (and hence, create a NEW REALITY).

As far as Lois and Clark trying to change the past, they're not doing it so everything will end up perfect for them in every reality. As stated, they thought the reality where Lois was married to Joe and Lana was married to Clark was strange, but they admitted that version of themselves seemed happy. They were happy the version that got divorced and decided to try dating seemed to be working things out. Furthermore, there was the reality where Lois died trying to get to the cabin. THAT certainly didn't end well.

All Lois and Clark want is to get THEIR OWN LIVES BACK. THEY are not happy being married to Lana and engaged to Joe. (see beginning of 17 and 18 when Tempus first fixed it the timeline.) And THEY are not happy unless both their sons are with them. - Note WITH them, not with whatever version of Lois and Clark they come arcoss.

Now the question is, when all is said and done, are they going to create a new reality with a new version of them when everything is fixed the way they want it? Because, as I said, they create new realities everytime the change time. So how does this get them back to THEIR REALITY? Will it really become their reality when time catches up like their hoping? Or is the only way to recreate the car accident?

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
/waves/ Thanks smile .

Michael - had a fun Super Bowl Sunday once we weren't sitting on the side of the road with a non-working vehicle... And 4 kids... I've thought about writing more about that Lois and Clark too...

Karen - /whistles/

Ann - Well, they're not actually younger when they jump back to the future. Okay, they are but by like 24 hours. Yeah, I think that Lois and Clark will be just fine - like I said above, I've thought about writing them. I don't think there's anything critical about Nate [not like Clark being raised by the Kents for instance] but they want their son back...

JD - Glad you're still here!

Natascha - Glad you liked them smile . And nice... Wish I got to go on vacation... It's been a long time since I went on anything resembling a real vacation...

Sara - you've got a great point about the little girl [sorry Ann wink ] - Lois and Clark don't know her, they want *their* life back. I hope everything is satisfactorily explained by the end of this thing...

Thanks guys - more coming up!
Carol

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard