Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
The plot thickens!

Clark took a second to digest that. His brain was working furiously, stringing together what he knew or had guessed about Allynda and her brother. Allynda was most likely the daughter of a Kryptonian noble: Nor, and she must have the same mental sense as Linda Lennox. It was the only explanation.

The possible implications of that were something he didn't have time to consider right now.
Is that some sort of power of the Kryptonian (or New Kryptonian) nobility? In fact, is that *why* they became the nobility - they had more acute, or extra psychic powers?

Susie, Lynn Montgomery and Darlene were standing there. Susie was holding a baseball bat, and the two other girls were similarly armed.
Wow, that Susie is a bad seed. Why do Darlene and Lynn follow her? What is her curious attraction?

"The criminal justice system would never be able to teach them what they learned this afternoon."
Ah, very true! Bullies don't like it when their targets fight back.

It was, however, obvious that a denial wasn't going to be believed. Besides, Superman didn't lie -- especially to a half-Kryptonian child who badly needed his help.

He nodded slowly. "Yes, Ally. I'm Superman."
Ah, the revelation! And Ally needs a father figure - a *good* father figure. In this incarnation, Clark certainly is that - having seven kids of his own!

Plus he has the Superman mystique and brand name and reputation that Ally certainly knows about. Right away, Ally knows that she can trust him.

But can Clark trust her? Probably so. She seems to be able to keep her own counsel. Does Ally's mother know that Ally is half Kryptonian? Was Ally's mother married at the time, or in a relationship with Ally's putative father, so that Ally's paternity may be in doubt?

I'm very interested to see where you're going to take this. Now we've got a veritable warren of Kryptonians and half Kryptonians. Will they all have the full Kryptonian powers? Will there be some partial powers? Or additional? Is the human admixture the reason that Ally and Linda can pick up on who's Kryptonian and who's not?

And Clark will certainly be kept busy in tutoring these kids in their powers, and, more importantly, instilling ethics and morals. No doubt his example as Superman will be the best teaching.

Kerth
Kerth
I've been waiting for one of the other super-kids to spot this - glad it finally happened, and that Ally looks to be a nice girl. I suspect that retrieving Ben has just become a VERY high priority.

Looking forward to more.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Most fascinating and most interesting read.
I'm just glad the boards feed me with other stories while I wait for the next installments of this one!

Intrigued by the fact that a second half-Kryptonian girl has this "sense". But I'm not sure if this is due to their progenitors being nobility... I mean... Clark's nobility in that sens too right? And so far Marta doesn't seem to have that additional sense. Curious to find out (if ever) what decides who gets that sense.

In any case another riveting piece from the pen of one of my favourite LnC fanfic authors. wink

Sira ~ not commenting often, but really reading and loving it.

Kerth
Kerth
I'm so curious to see where this is going. Maybe Clark should take Ally flying? *g* Or maybe both girls? But one question remains: Why didn't Ally react to Marta's use of telepathy?

It might be that this special sense both Linda and Ally possess is not found in all of Krypton's nobility. Either, it can be found in a certain family only (meaning Nor's), or it might be an ability that skips generations... Still, it might well be genetic, so it's very likely Linda is related to Nor, too.

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
In one of the other stories (I believe it was Mother's Day) it is related that Zara told Clark that some members of the Kryptonian nobility have better psychic powers than others.

Here it is. I found it:

From Mother's Day:

"Dad, can you tell if somebody's a Kryptonian?" Marta asked.

He shook his head. "No."

"Then how does Linda know?" Marta asked.

"I don't know," Clark said. "I don't know that much about Kryptonian powers. Zara did mention that sometimes the noble families of Krypton produced someone with better than normal mental abilities. That might have been how the noble families got to *be* the noble families. I wonder if that might be how they found me in the beginning."

"What do you mean?" CJ asked.

"Well --" His father started the engine and began to back cautiously from the parking space. "When the New Kryptonians arrived, they somehow knew that I was one of them, and since Kal-El had been sent to Earth, they figured that I was him -- and of course they were right," he added. "Zara never told me how they did it, though. It might have been someone like Linda who pointed me out to them."

I'll be sure I have Clark explain it again to someone, just to remind people of this. Also, if anyone remembers "Unforeseen Consequences", Jimmy Kent displayed some unusual abilities without even being aware he was doing it. I think you can figure that Jimmy is one of those with the "extra" sense.

Thanks for the comments, everyone. I probably won't be able to post again until next week. I'm leaving in a few minutes for a trip to the Bay Area, to a wedding, so I won't have much time to write until Tuesday.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I always love a good revelation! laugh

The Kryptonian power variety makes sense to me -- there's variety in looks & strength, why not in mental abilities? Some will be stronger than others in one area, some will have abilities that others haven't got at all. Mind you, considering what we know of the NKs, I'd think the nobility might have been working on breeding *out* talent amongst the peons, which would increase the range of difference.

I suspect Ally isn't very telepathic (see variety, above) because I'd think if she were she'd at least be able to keep in contact with her twin. Or, as an interesting variation, maybe she's trained herself not to listen to the voices in her head, since that's a well-known sign of craziness wink

I guess we'll find out, but not for at least another week... goofy

PJ
/me runs away to avoid the wrath of Lois...

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Nan -

Still loving!

Love the revelation.

Loved Susie and co. getting the snot beat out of them [okay, not really, but you know what I mean] and that another adult saw it happen so it's not *just* Superman [who's got an impeccable reputation for telling the truth but also a well-known friend of the Kents...]

More as soon as you can would be good smile .

Carol

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
eek Baseball bats? dizzy

And Ally knows laugh

Great part, Nan!

Michael smile

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Very well done. I love the direction you are taking this. smile

Framework4
M
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
M
Love your stories! I'm following this one, like your previous ones, with abated breath.

Just wondering, is there a file or document of some sorts, with a family tree, who is related to whom and who is with whom, who has what powers (for now), that kind of thing? For example, I don't remember who Linda is. :p I mean, I could just find time to reread all the stories in this series, but that'd take... well... time. :p

twins
metwin1

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi metwin:
To my knowledge this is not a family tree for the Dagger series like here is for the Home Series. I would be willing to create one though. Until the half-Kryptonians popped up, it was a pretty simple tree. Interested Nan?
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
/waves/ I'm interested wink .

Yeah, I'm not Nan but it would be helpful smile .

Carol

Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
If you want to, Diane, sure.

CJ, of course, is the baby at the end of Family Hour, a clone of Clark.

Marta, Jonny, Jimmy and the triplets are Clark and Lois's kids.

Linda's origin is explained in Unforeseen Consequences, as is Valerie Henderson's. Linda and Valerie were the results of the New Kryptonian invasion. Linda's parentage is not known, except by her mother, but she is a daughter of a Kryptonian noble. Valerie Henderson is the daughter of Bill Henderson's wife, Sue, and Jen Mai. There are also four unidentified half-Kryptonians in Smallville. Clark knows who they are, but hasn't volunteered the information.

There is also Alex Henderson, the adopted son of Bill Henderson, who surfaced in Mother's Day. He is Arianna Carlin's special project from Charade -- a clone, comprised of genetic material from Lex Luthor and Superman. For particulars on that, you only need to read the last few paragraphs of the story.

And now, of course, there is Allynda and Benjamin Myers, whose father was Lord Nor. I think that covers it.

Wyatt Dillon is a kind of special case. He's a normal human boy, CJ's best friend, and is bonded to Marta Kent. He learned to communicate telepathically with her, and through that, figured out how to get onto the Kryptonian wavelength, so he can communicate with the others as well.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great. I'd forgotten about Alex, but the others I remember. I'll take a crack at it.
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard