Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Beth S. Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Thanks to everyone who left feedback on the last chapter. I hope I answered some of your questions here and gave you some new ones as well. wink

L
Columnist
Columnist
L
Wow.... I wonder why Kal is so against the secret ID thing... and also, what was up with the Luthor thing?

Sara "Lieta"
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Very interesting. I enjoyed Kal's exploration of the TV remote and the interaction between Lois and Cat was fun.

As for the secret identiy, I would imagine that Kal just doesn't know enough to realize how beneficial that having a secret identity would be. Once he realizes how much he wants to be with Lois, for example, he may understand how anonimity could be a good thing.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hi, Beth.

The reaction to the TV was funny.

I think there are a couple of reasons why Kal's not interested in a secret identity. One is, like BJ said, he doesn't understand the benefits of it. If he decides to have a lasting relationship with Lois (particularly get married or something, but that's a long way off), then he would probably see it as more useful.

But the other reason is that Kal isn't "ordinary" in this story. He doesn't feel ordinary at all. (Clark always felt different, but there was a degree of "ordinaryiness" from growing up with the Kents.) As much as he wants to HELP the people of Earth and learn about them, he doesn't seem to have a desire to BE one of them. (Not that he considers himself better than Earthlings, or anything, just that he doesn't see himself as one of them.)

In essence, Clark always said, "Superman is what I can do. Clark is who I am."
In this story, "Superman is what I can do, and Kal who I am." And the difference between Kal and Superman are not nearly as different IN HIS MIND than the difference between Clark and Superman were IN CLARK's MIND.

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Very nice, Beth clap Kal is trying to figure things out lol and tries to keep himself from making a mess. Can't wait until Lois makes him eat. And lie in publ- err, take on a secret identity.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great story, keep it coming!
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
This is a good part of a very engrossing story. We are sure witnessing another Lois and Clark! But poor Lois, she suffered a Luthor fiasco in this reality, too.

Well, I think that Lois really needs to convince Clark - I mean Kal - that he really, really needs to try to become Clark Kent!

Ann

Beth S. Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Thanks everyone for the feedback, and my apologies for being so late in replying.

Kal's reasons for not wanting a secret identity are just as people guessed here. I would only add that Kal feels as if he owes something to the people of Earth, and that lying to them is a poor way to repay that debt. We'll see more of that later.

As for Luthor... Well, that's coming later, too.

Thanks once again for the comments. The next chapter is coming up soon.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard