Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#60240 01/24/09 04:46 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Great to see another story from Tank.

Clark has finally decided to tell Lois his secret (strongly implied) but she's reaching again, jumping to conclusions. It's not what you thought, Lois!

But it is good how she realizes what Clark means to her. And will the revelation be made at the farm?

Hey, this is calling out for a sequel.

#60241 01/25/09 05:58 AM
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Tank, you are positively evil, but we all knew that.

Okay, Clark has the perfect opportunity to tell her the truth -- without getting in trouble -- and you snatch it away. Fix it!

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
#60242 01/25/09 09:20 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
This is really wonderful and, of course, very timely with the flock of birds and all.

I LOVED the way you played off of the Christmas dinner with Lois feeling good about Clark and then gets slammed with the "Clark is dead" situation. This was masterful! clap

But Clark. He makes me want to... mad dizzy

In any case, this was marvelous!
Bob

#60243 01/25/09 07:57 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
oh this was great!! And definitely very logical conclusions that Lois would reach. I actually felt sorry for her in this fic! LOVED IT.

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
#60244 01/26/09 06:09 AM
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Great story, Tank. Although I would read it if there were a sequel, it really doesn't need it. It works just fine as an in-betweeny.
Lois' lower lip had been tightly pinned between her teeth ever since she heard the word 'Wichita' come from the mouth of the airline official. A cold fist currently held her heart in its icy grip.
Oh, this was well written - I can certainly feel her fear. And after Clark let her think he was dead in ToGoM, both he and Martha agree that he has to tell her immediately this time. Yes, he can be taught!
Superman nodded. "That's what I came to tell you, Lois. Clark was never on that plane."
Superman looked nervous. "Lois... I,"

"You?" She walked up to him and put her hand on his chest. "Oh, course, why didn't I think of it as a possibility earlier? You’re his friend; you probably flew him out to the farm." She flailed one hand about, as if it could help her think. "What... was it like some sort of Christmas present?"

Superman stepped back and stared at her like he did when he had a hard time following her leaps of logic. Clark did that too. She blushed.
This was a lovely example of how well you know and can show us the characters in your stories. Clark is ready to come clean (like so many other times in the series), but when Lois makes a leap of logic that gives him a reprieve, Clark takes it. wallbash

#60245 01/26/09 05:10 PM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
And here I was, thinking that you'd work in another haircut somewhere! goofy

Great story, Tank! Loved the "Flock of Seagulls" - my first thought was the hair, not the animals. Shows where my mind is.

Write more, please! smile

I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind.
Some come from ahead and some come from behind.
But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see.
Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!
~Dr. Seuss
#60246 01/27/09 01:00 PM
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Thanks to all the gentle readers who partook of this little throw-away, and especially those who chose to include their kind words.

I don't write much any more. I just have a hard time generating the motivation to write. It takes me a lot longer now to bludgeon my way throw a short story than it used to.

A sequel? Not from me, but if anyone is so inclined... have at it.

Thanks again for the nice comments.

Tank (who really couldn't think a of way to include a haircut for Lois in this... just not enough time)

#60247 01/27/09 03:48 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Tank, I knew when I started this that your wouldn't let Lois know. You still have your touch and that was delightful!

#60248 01/28/09 08:28 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wow, Tank, only you would blow up a plane on Christmas. Well, you and the director of Die Hard 2 clap

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard