C
FDK goes here!

/hides/

Next Scheduled Post:
Friday, 10-noon ET

Chapter 18 Preview
~*~Lois~*~

I kissed him.

And he kissed me back – his fingers tangling in my hair, his hands framing my face – for long minutes.

I reached for the hem of his shirt. He was *my* husband, damn it. I didn't care what kind of weird world we were in.
Thanks smile .

Carol

L
Columnist
Columnist
L
Very, very, very evil Carol! Now start fixing this! =P

Sara "Lieta"
Features Writer
Features Writer
WHAT!!!!!!!!!! whinging Bring them back please mecry Carol please grovel grovel

I will and always be a big fan of Lois and Clark forever and forever.
S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
AHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I'll second this: EVILLLLLLL!!

*sniffles*

So where's the next part of the torture? wink

~Sira. - still avidly reading and rarely commenting.

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Okay, this has to be Tempus.

Or Lex.

Or both of them. Oy vey, what a horrible thought that is!

Yeah, I wanna see the next part! Like very soon! Like how come it's not up yet?

And I definitely want to see Lana ask Clark why he's boinking Joe's wife. Yeah!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
shock shock shock shock shock

(And I don't know if I'm completely fascinated or turned off....)

Ann

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael - you are evil. /whistles/ I think you know more than anyone else but my betas...
hyper wave

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Carol, I've said this in the On the Other Hand FDK thread as well.
Do you know how much these stories remind me of your "Sister Switch"?

Of course, they are not exactly the same (the colonial time is certainly a difference), but similar enough.

Spoiler Space

Let's see.
(1)Lois/Leah is forced to marry Clark/Cal because of circumstances that she can't control.

(2)Cal/Clark chooses to marry Lois/Leah because of extreme circumstances.

(3)Lois/Leah falls in love with Clark/Cal before he does.

(4)Clark/Cal is still in love with someone else while he is married. (Or at least believes he is).

(4)They have a sexual exprience (or almost exprience) where Clark/Cal calls Lois/Leah by the name of the person he is love with.

(5)Lois/Leah gets pregnaut with Clark/Cal's baby while he is still in love with someone else.

(6)They fall in love for real.

And of course, now we have the "twist" that was at the beginning of "Sister Switch."
Lois and Clark know they're married, they WANT to be married, but they wake up and he's married to someone else.

So who is responsible?

Mindy? - She was mentioned before, but's unlikely that she could pull off something like this.

Lex? - They don't know him yet, and he certainly doesn't know their connection to the superheroes.

Tempus - Most likely.

H. G. Wells - Possible.

And I'm remembering a "FDK related thread" where Lois finds out her parents are still together, but she isn't married to Clark.
Well, her parents never divorced in this story, but Ellen and Lucy DID die.
Lois probably wants to find out how she can keep her mother and Lucy alive, while still staying married to Clark.

Have I mentioned how much I love time travel stories?

B
Blogger
Blogger
B
Coming out of lurk mode here ... could someone write a bona fide Clark and Lois love story, please?

I've borne with this story a long time, because I think you have talent. I have to say, though, that I'm at last getting a bit tired of this Clark paired with Lana thing that you have going on in both this story and the last one.

I'm sorry, but I don't like to read about Clark and Lois paired up with other people even if the trouble is temporary. I do hope that if/ when you archive this series that you add a warning to the description like Clark/OC or Clark/Lana so that readers will know what to expect.

In the meantime, I don't know if I have the stomach to read another Clark paired with Lana story ... although at least they remember each other here. But you do like to manipulate your readers! I'm reserving judgment for now.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
grumble So get back here and fix this! wildguy

Natascha

PS. I don't want you to kill off Lucy and Ellen again but it would be weird is they stuck around in the REAL story. blush

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
A bit more analysis on the changed history:

1) Ellen and Lucy survived, so there was no car crash here.
2) With Ellen still there, Lois didn't feel like moving out for college.
3) With Lois not being a threat, she and Lana became friends.
4a) Lois and Clark never drove to the winter-fest-thingy or something like that, resulting no child
4b) Lois and Clark did drive to the winter-fest-thingy but Lois ended up giving Chris up for adoption and no-one was the wiser (probably not)
5) Without Mindy, Lois never went to Latislan.

Oh, and Navance's nephew is dead and Clark reminded Lois of this fact? Double memory or typo?

How am I doing so far?
Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
WHAT DID YOU DO CAROL?! :p

I stop getting internet and this is what happens while I'm gone?!

I have to start hating Lana again just because she's tied to Clark, but I love time travel and trying to get back to the right reality.

Unbelievable part!
JD
laugh

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
/peeks out of hiding for a minute/

Lieta - evil? me?

Lovesuper - Do you really think I'd listen to Michael /points to Wedding Crashers/ I would *never* do that. Well, okay, maybe not *never*... But I *didn't* wink .

Sarah - hehe.

Sira - thanks for commenting!!! Next part tomorrow but glad you're reading...

Terry - Tempus and Lex together?!?! And who says Lois is actually married to Joe?

Ann - hehe. Wait till tomorrow? More info will come to light as to what's going on...

Michael - I honestly don't recall - when did Lois say she didn't like BttF? You still haven't picked up on the hint I told you about from the date wink .

Sara - yeah so I like to toss them into a marriage and go from there... Interesting comparison to the beginning of SS - I hadn't thought of that... I was going to say something else but I think I'm going to wait...

Betty - I'm not quite sure what to say - I really do appreciate your FDK and am afraid if I say what I would say to someone I know you'll go back to lurking and I really don't want that smile . That said - what about UP so far has *not* been a bona fide L/C love story? What role Lana is going to play has yet to be seen - at least from this point on. Up to now, she's been a friend to L/C [starting near the end of OTOH] and they've buried all the hatchets and all that - she was even in the wedding. *If* Lana somehow pulled off marrying herself to Clark here then yeah, she's turned evil again, but how likely is that? As for a warning... Probably not. I did put a warning at the beginning of OTOH that it was going to be a saga - a long story [though I didn't know how long] full of trials and tribulations etc. As for *this* Lois and Clark here and now... Well, I'm glad you're reserving judgment. And thank you, really, for commenting. I do appreciate it, but at this point, I'm going to go with 'please reserve judgment for at least a couple more chapters before Clana bashing begins' or something to that effect. As for other bona fide Lois and Clark in love stories, they're out there all over the place that don't have them involved with anyone else, but I doubt we [as a fandom] will ever stop writing stories where they're involved with someone else at least part of the time [/points to Nancy's fabulous Breaking Up as a for instance/]. As for the other - Nan's Degrees of Separation has a very much in love L/C [those are just the first two that pop into mind - there are lots and lots of others, though Nan's does have quite a bit of focus on the kids too...]

Natascha - wake up! smile I'll... fix it... yeah wink .

Michael - interesting analysis... will see how it plays out... Well, I need to edit it this in somewhere earlier, my thought is that Navance's nephew died in the the uprising in Latislan - at the same time he did and Lois in her freakingoutness forgot.

JD - hehe. Hope you enjoy the ride and that I do it justice...

/waves/ Thanks guys!
Carol

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by carolm:
Michael - I honestly don't recall - when did Lois say she didn't like BttF? You still haven't picked up on the hint I told you about from the date wink .
*sigh* no, I haven't smirk

BttF: I'm pretty sure she told Clark she didn't want to watch the trilogy while they were out in the cabin as I noticed this in comparison to LTL... But I can't find it in the parts right now huh

Michael

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Hmm.... That's possible. Or it's possible she just wasn't in a BttF mood that day... Should probably open up my file and search for BttF but that's work...

What I really need to do is work on editing OTOH, but that's work too. I did finish UP [I think - waiting to hear back from the betas on it - we'll see... I may need to go back and rework it but I think overall it's pretty good] and then this little bug wouldn't leave me along and I now have about 3 chapters of another fic working... and let's face it, that's way more fun than editing...

Carol

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
/reads about Carol's writing habits/
whinging I still have to edit Crashers and not to mention my two 650kB pieces dizzy And that's not counting writing various sequels, a new story, and oh, yeah... sleep so Muse is actually willing to do more than sit there and flip me off huh

Michael

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Okay - it's really more like slightly more than 2 chapters, but the first had been writing itself in my head for a month so that was easy wink . Honestly, writing has been like pulling teeth the last couple weeks...

Right now I need to find the TIVO remote so I can watch last night's LOST...

Kerth
Kerth
Maybe it was Mxypltk (or however that imp is spelled)? Or... maybe he teamed up with Tempus? Making sure that LnC don't have any offspring with each other, much less be married any more sure sounds like a Tempus plot. frown

On the other hand... nah, not going there right now. wink

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
whinging eek

~Mel~
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard