Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#60041 01/20/09 05:55 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Wow! Another story by L!

It's a great idea to have it from Perry's POV. And it's downright ominous about how Kal-El is acting - will he take over?

Kal-El was an implacable leader. Authoritative and absolute. It seemed he was more and more the ruler every day. Despite his stated intention to stand behind earth and protect earth from the enemies that he had attracted to this fair planet, Perry wasn't so sure that the man would easily step back into the role he had once assumed. Had power corrupted Superman?

What worried Perry the most is that Kal-El would somehow convince himself that what was best for the earth was continued 'leadership' by his 'government'. And Perry didn't take too kindly to the idea.
Downright scary. And all too possible.

“What do I call you,” he asked the younger man nervously? “Lord -”

“Just Kal-El, please,” Clark begged. “That's my Kryptonian name.”

“You don't mind me calling you that?”

“It beats all the other alternatives for now.”

For now. In the future, would Perry be expected to add on the 'Lord' bit?
Dum dum dum....ominous and foreboding music....

And Lois, a concubine! No status? She can only play the part for so long. After reading Long Strange Trip, I can't help but shudder at the image of Lois as a concubine.

You can't end it there! How will Lois and Clark resolve their relationship problems? What are the New Kryptonians doing, and are they working out their civil war on Earth territory? What's going to happen to the Earth? Political background on Zara vs Lord Nor? How will going through a difficult time like this change Clark? Will he become more Kryptonian, less Earthian? Can he step back into the role of Superman, the friendly and helpful superhero? Or will his image be trashed by all this?

Aargh! More story is necessary. Please write and post more. Soon.

#60042 01/20/09 06:09 PM
L
L Offline
Columnist
Columnist
L
I intended for this to fit into the new kryptonian arc from the show.

I always thought that Clark's behavior was a wee bit worrisome from the POV of earth people watching him take on this different role.

It's all well and good to convince yourself that the super-human being in your midst is benevolent (and I know I'd be uneasy), but then to see him suddenly become 'lord kal' and exert authority - it would be hard to keep that sense of well being that he may have earned.

I always felt the show should have had fallout from that. People distrusting him, etc.

It seems clear that the NK jerks abused a lot of women too, and there should have been fallout from that.

Silence is violence. End white supremacy based violence
#60043 01/20/09 06:10 PM
L
L Offline
Columnist
Columnist
L
Btw - I shall endeavor to post more oneshots in continuance of how he manages to get things right. I tend to write darker scenarios at times, so they might go nfic, and they might include some harsh ideas.

Silence is violence. End white supremacy based violence
#60044 01/20/09 07:19 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
oh this was great! I always get chills when Kal El first walks down that ramp at the planet like he's royalty (well, also staring at how nice he looks in that black suit)

love this reveal!!

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
#60045 01/21/09 08:26 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Leela wave

Really fun part. Not so sure about the harsh ideas, but I'll hold my breath and bide my time wink

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#60046 01/21/09 01:42 PM
Kerth
Kerth
Another reminder that in a lot of ways Jason Trask posthumously got the last laugh. He was right to think that Clark might be just the first Kryptonian to arrive, and that they weren't necessarily benevolent.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
#60047 01/21/09 02:35 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh I liked this a lot but why only one part? whinging

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#60048 01/22/09 08:16 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Fun part. Hopefully not the last.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
#60049 01/25/09 03:48 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
“I'd get kneepads, boy. You're going to have to grovel.”
That was the funniest moment for me. Keep the one shots coming up thumbsup

MDL.

"Work while you have the light. You are responsible for the talent that has been entrusted to you."

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard