Next scheduled post:
Saturday, 10-noon ET

Thanks smile .
Carol

S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
hey - no preview? love the top banana conversation....

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Sorry wink .

Chapter 12 Preview
~*~Lois~*~

I banged my head against my headrest as I maneuvered through rush hour traffic.

"What?" Clark asked.

"The wedding planner is coming tonight."

"Can't we kick her out? It's the same lady Serena's mom wanted to use." His voice had taken on a whining tone. "Serena said 'no', can't we?"

I laughed. "Daddy wants us to hear her out. The wedding's going to be here before you know it."
How's that smile ?

Merriwether
Merriwether
Just had to clap my hand over my mouth at that last line, so I wouldn't laugh too loudly at work. Talk about odd looks. Poor poor Jimmy. I can't wait to see how this interview goes!

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
C
CJ Offline
Blogger
Blogger
C
Who's Vance? confused

Still loving it.

From a once failure-to-thrive baby now in my mid-forties with a family of my own. smile

CJ
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
blush blush blush blush

Sorry. Thought I got all of them. Vance was Bernie's name before I knew what his name was going to be. Thanks for pointing it out.

blush blush blush blush

Carol [whose muse may be back...]

A
Columnist
Columnist
A
Ha! That was great! Just curious, though - why did they decide to tell Jimmy?

I loved the stuff about his name and the way you worked in the top banana conversation.

Amber

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Okay, first of all, did they decide to tell Jimmy or was it an accident?
An accident makes sense, because they were just joking between themselves about Superman.

But they didn't look too worried when he heard them, either.

I really wish Jimmy wouldn't be told in so many fics. I understand he's a close friend they can trust. (Obviously they wouldn't want to tell someone they COULDN'T trust.) And in this fic, in some ways they're closer to him because of Lois's half brother and the fact that they're closer in age.

But to me, whether they tell someone depends on whether they NEED to know, not whether it would "be nice if that person knew."

Lois always needs to know, in canon, in this fic, whatever - at least once she becomes romantically involved with Clark. (Or once she married him, in the case of "On the Other Hand" and "Learning to Love."

Bernard(or in this case, Sam), I can see needing to know because of the doctor connection for the kids.

But Jimmy doesn't REALLY need to know. It makes him feel like a close friend, and that's nice. But it's also dangerous. I always remember what happened in CANON when they told Lois's father. (That was "FAMILY HOUR", so it's probably an episode most would like to forget, but I think it's a good case for this arguement.) Even though they trusted him, he got hit with truth serum and was atttacked by the villian.

So it puts him in danger just because "he's a close friend." That's not the way to treat your friends.

Of course, they haven't met Trask or Lex yet, so maybe they haven't thought about the dangers. And they haven't heard about truth serum, either.

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Great part, Carol! clap

I never saw them telling Jimmy coming. Sara, it wasn't an accident.
"It's a long story, Jim," Clark said. "We'll explain it all after we get there."

"What'd he say?" I asked quietly.

"He agreed," Clark said. "He trusts us about that."

"And the other?"

"He agreed to a limited one, but you have to work with me on it."
The first one was about telling Jimmy, the second was the limited interview smile

And your adaption of top banana was laugh

Edit: And no I wonder who the mother of Jimmy's child is. He did pass out because he's preggers, right? laugh

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Heh, Jimmy passing out was very amusing. Great to see Clark's debut! What else, I loved that you were able to fit in those first season lines at the Planet--just classic.

Great part!
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hey Carol,

Sorry for having been absent again but I am battling a really bad bronchitis/flu at the moment and while I still go online to get my fix, I am usually not up for comments.

I did enjoy these past few parts and I certainly like the preview. It is about time they start planning the wedding!!!

Sam's acceptance of who Clark really is (I wonder how he is really coping?) made me sigh in relief. It did make sense to tell him since Dr. Klein as the family doctor is out of the question here. goofy

Of course Clark needs to be called Superman but in comparison Van-El seems very lame somehow. Btw, does Bernie look like he is in his mid 30s? Just wondering. He is 15 years older than Clark, right?

I am glad Nate is doing better finally. I can only imagine how hard the past year or so must have been for you and your family, Carol.

Off to bed now, looking forward to the next part!

Natascha

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'd like to second the statement that Jimmy doesn't really need to know The Secret.

Too many people know already.

Loose lips sink ships.

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Thanks everyone! Muse finally got in gear [at least sort of]. Hope to finish this this week! Since I wrote one whole chapter last week, that would be quite an accomplishment. I finally let my muse go where she wanted for a bit [the story after this one; tentative title: Someone Else's Dreams] in the hopes that if she got that out of her system, she'd be more cooperative. It seems to have worked. Whether it will continue to or not... that's another story wink .

Sarah - I loved putting that in there - thought it was so fun wink .

Karen - Poor Jimmy wink . I love Jimmy - I'm like the Anti-Tank there.

CJ - sorry about the Vance thing frown . When I wrote this I wasn't sure what his actual name was going to be so I used Vance. I thought I got all of them switched... So glad to hear that you're doing well! So is DS. Look for more recent pics of him later this week smile .

Amber - more on Jimmy in the next chapter.

Sara - See Michael's response re telling Jimmy. As I said above, I love Jimmy. Does Jimmy NEED to know - probably not, but they will discuss why they told him in the next chapter and I think they're fairly valid reasons myself. And in this world at least, outside of the psycho dictator, they haven't had the psycho of the week attacking Superman experience at this point.

Michael - Jimmy's child? /looks puzzled/ Oh right - no Lucy in this universe wink .

JD - Thank you!

Natascha - awwww - I hope you feel better. I've had bronchitis several times [every couple years I get it two or three times frown ] and that's no fun. Last time I really had it, I was pregnant and the cough lasted from early Nov [finally diagnosed in mid Dec] to nearly August - that was no fun. Van was born 15-16 years before Clark but his ship took 10-12 years longer to get here [in some kind of suspended animation] making him in his late 20s - at last that's how I see it smile .

Iolan - see above/the next chapter.

More soon!

Carol

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard